New Chops Menu going fleet wide

To clarify, this looks like the old menu to me (as it still has the crab cakes, and doesn't show the tater tots - among the other well discussed changes)...is that the case? :confused:

Is so, do you have pictures of the new menu as well? :D

:)

This IS the new menu. As I stated, there are some old favorites on the new menu, the crab cakes being one of those items.

The cow symbol stands for "A Chops Grill Classic" as noted at the bottom of the menu.

As a side note, I really liked the crab cakes at Rita's Crab Shack. They were actually little balls that looked like the tater tots but inside there was a lot of crab meat unlike most crab cakes I've eaten on land which end up as mostly breading.

Gina

This IS the new menu. As I stated, there are some old favorites on the new menu, the crab cakes being one of those items.

The cow symbol stands for "A Chops Grill Classic" as noted at the bottom of the menu.

As a side note, I really liked the crab cakes at Rita's Crab Shack. They were actually little balls that looked like the tater tots but inside there was a lot of crab meat unlike most crab cakes I've eaten on land which end up as mostly breading.

Gina

Ok, thanks...I was totally confused, as I really thought the crab cake was completely gone - good to see it is still around!

:)

Just off the Vision where the new chops menu is being used. I am a foodie and typically eat all my evening shipboard meals in a specialty restaurant. I probably won't be going back to Chops. I didn't care for the new menu and the food quality and preparation left much to be desired. Seems to be the original Chop's concept was to give a steak house quality experience, now they want an additional $20 for an aged steak. Think people would be much better off taking their $50 -$55 to great onshore steak house where the chefs know what they are doing.

Gina

Thank you for the pics and the review.

Wow I just read the entire thread....so very disappointing!

Chop's food and service has changed so much in the past few years.

We used to eat there at least twice on a week cruise. Past couple of cruises we just went on the first night with a D+ BOGO.

I'll have to look at the menu and dinning room before making a decision but if all the posts above are correct, my cruise in August will not include Chops...and this is sad.

Also RC is retiring Hairspray and bringing "CATS" on the Oasis......AWFUL AWFUL....I do not know anyone who likes CATS. Another cost cutting measure for RC. There is a lot of talent in the production of Hairspray....Unlike CATS.

Also RC is retiring Hairspray and bringing "CATS" on the Oasis......AWFUL AWFUL....I do not know anyone who likes CATS. Another cost cutting measure for RC. There is a lot of talent in the production of Hairspray....Unlike CATS.

You realize it will cost them hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars to license CATS, build sets, hire and train performers, etc. We get it, you don't like the show, but to call it cost cutting is silly.

We used to eat there at least twice on a week cruise. Past couple of cruises we just went on the first night with a D+ BOGO.

I'll have to look at the menu and dinning room before making a decision but if all the posts above are correct, my cruise in August will not include Chops...and this is sad.

I think Hairspay may reappear on FR.

Maybe the cast of Hairspray is needed to cook in the Chops Grill.

Hey-WE like cats lol. Meow.

I recommend going to Chops anyway. The ahi tuna is awesome.

Scott- what cruise u on in August?

HAYYYY NICK my long lost friend....Can you see I got chewed on a little because of my comments!?

I had to reboot my phone and lost your number, all numbers in fact pictures too...Bummer.

We are cruising Enchanment Aug4. Some great l prices appeared so we did a last minute. Enchanment is a cool ship!!!

Yeah we most likely will do Chops....esp with BOGO

This is a thread about Chops:rolleyes: Many people could care less about Cats or Hairspray.....:rolleyes:

I like CATS and so does DH, which you might expect from my screen name.:)

We're going to give Chops as try on Serenade in the fall and see what we think. The idea of a bacon appetizer is a little weird, but if it makes Gina drool, then there must be something to it!

We're going to give Chops as try on Serenade in the fall and see what we think. The idea of a bacon appetizer is a little weird, but if it makes Gina drool, then there must be something to it!

I love all critters.... Have several

The bacon appetizer is really good. It's more like the meat from a very meaty spare rib:)

My mouth is watering while reading this. No, I'm not kidding. :) I'll go to Chops for the bacon. A side of tater tots with it, please. ;)

Oh, ahi tuna, too. I'm sure there are plenty of great items to choose from but for now, I could eat these 3 courses over and over again.

Edited by mommabean

Food from the first night in Chops - the day they started the new menu.

Prettier bacon - the one that hooked me. I won't go to Chops without getting this no matter what else I order.

DSC07223.jpg

My Petit Filet, before I decided to be more daring and try something new the next time.

DSC07224.jpg

The plated tater tots before they had the new little crocks to serve them in.

DSC07226.jpg

The new cookies for dessert. I have no idea what they taste like but they look good to me.

DSC07234.jpg

In the pic with the tator tots, what is the meat with the bone sticking out? Is it the veal chop? And was it good? It's looks delicious. Can't wait to try the new menu. Thank you for sharing all this great info.

In the pic with the tator tots, what is the meat with the bone sticking out? Is it the veal chop? And was it good? It's looks delicious. Can't wait to try the new menu. Thank you for sharing all this great info.

Looks like a pork chop or rib eye.