New Chops Menu going fleet wide

I guess that's why they are having the kids' prices and other booking promos for these specialties. Too bad they can't just provide a quality experience.

Hear, hear!

Send Royal Caribbean's Customer Relations department this message exactly.

:rolleyes:

In my opinion, Chops has gone downhill in service over the years. The food is still very good but on my last visit in March on Navigator they had the new menu. Many favorite items were missing and the price had gone up. Not a smart move on Royals part in my opinion.

But the best culinary treat on Navigator in March was Sabor!!!!!! Best experience in a specialty restaurant on the high seas ever!! And we have eaten at them all, including Chef's Table. We went to Sabor twice. Awesome food and service. Sabor is only on Navigator for now but I assume they will be adding them to other ships. We actually cancelled our second reservation at Chops to go a second time at Sabor. If you sail Navigator, don't miss it!!

In my opinion, Chops has gone downhill in service over the years. The food is still very good but on my last visit in March on Navigator they had the new menu. Many favorite items were missing and the price had gone up. Not a smart move on Royals part in my opinion.

But the best culinary treat on Navigator in March was Sabor!!!!!! Best experience in a specialty restaurant on the high seas ever!! And we have eaten at them all, including Chef's Table. We went to Sabor twice. Awesome food and service. Sabor is only on Navigator for now but I assume they will be adding them to other ships. We actually cancelled our second reservation at Chops to go a second time at Sabor. If you sail Navigator, don't miss it!!

We will be on the Navigator. What type of menu is at Sabor?

Sounds to me like the NEW & not-so-improved menu is worth about...$20 pp.

I have issues with paying extra for a SPECIALty restaurant and not having everything on the menu included. I miss the old option of surf & turf. I would pay the $35pp if everything on the menu was included in the price and the desserts included the best Creme Brulee on the seas.

But, since I read cruise critic...I now know that I will be disappointed with the Chops offerings post change!

Savings : $70+extra tip.

We'll probably try the "new" Chops on Serenade once next winter but it sounds like that will be our last time there:( We always enjoyed Chops in the past but the new menu looks like a joke especially for the price. Too bad they're changing the menu for the worse and increasing the price at the same time. I doubt this is going to be a good business decision, Chops was already declining in popularity based on our observations the past 2-3 cruises......

Edited by bouhunter

If not I'll find you soup and salad from somewhere for $30 ....Amy other bidders:)

No, Silly....I meant that they list soups and salads together as one selection on the menu, can I have both? I of course will move on from there with other selections..........:D

No, Silly....I meant that they list soups and salads together as one selection on the menu, can I have both? I of course will move on from there with other selections..........:D

Hey what do expect from a ccl cruiser...:)

We were so disappointed in our meal at Chops a few days ago. We had a wonderful meal at the Chops on Independence.

The baked potato wasn't worth eating. There was no delicious salt crust and the potato just didn't taste fresh. Steaks were very dark on the outside and about an inch and then raw in the middle.

They used plates with an indented circle which holds gravy. The problem is, when you put veggies on your plate, they end up with the gravy on them.

We loved the Mudslide dessert last time but they have changed that too! The texture is now mousse-like. It was good, but not near as good as before.

Our service was very poor. We can't blame that on the new menu.

Chops now serves pretzel bread with horseradish butter. Yuk! After having the best bread we ever had on a cruise in the dining room and buffet, this was very surprising.

We were playing cards when one of the executive chefs came by and asked us how we were. We took that opportunity to tell him. He took out a notebook and wrote lots down. He said he would forward it all but changes are made slowly. He said that there is a new way of cooking the steaks (which I didn't understand with his accent). There have been many, many complaints.

I sure wish Radiance would make an exception on the no crab cake......what a shame to be up in Alaska with all that fresh seafood and no crab cake on board. May have to research the best crab cake available in the Alaskan ports. Taking my Chops money and buying seafood ashore.

Same as me asking if we were having Papaya in Hawaii when on our Hawaiian cruise......no.:(

So what cut of steaks are the included steaks? Are they choice or prime?

And does anyone have a picture of the Navigator Chops Grille now that there are no tablecloths? Curious what it looks like.

Just off the Navigator earlier this month.

The included steaks are not prime but it isn't specified if they are choice or select.

Our dinner was free so for us it was obviously worth it. The dining room is very nice and the service was good. For the life of me, I can't recall if there were tablecloths. Regardless, the atmosphere was nice.

We each got the smaller filets and they were done properly and tasted just fine. I don't think I would have paid extra for the meal but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

The Tater Tots were very good. I don't care for baked potatoes so that isn't an issue.

We weren't hungry for dessert and the waiter insisted we get one "to go". We opted for the Huckleberry Cheesecake. We had also purchased these nifty little wine aerators that they use. Both the cheesecake and the aerators were in our cabin when we returned. I thought that was pretty good service.

I think it is good experience but I don't think I would pay extra.

Disclaimer: I live in Texas so I am a bit spoiled when it comes to steaks.

:confused::confused: Ore Ida?

It's a brand. My guess is that "Tater Tots" is a register name, and that they are indeed Ore Ida. Maybe just a more upscale version. Had they called them Panko crusted gruyere potatoes," it would have gone over better, I think.:rolleyes: