New Chops Menu going fleet wide

Can you order more than one entree here included in the $35 up charge? For example if I wanted a seafood dish and a steak would they do it? (I understand if I get lobster or the prime steaks they cost more)

In the past here, people have said you can get only one entree, which makes sense. I've never tried to do otherwise. I doubt they'd get in the habit of letting people order multiple steaks, seafood etc:rolleyes: And wouldn't expect them to.

Can you order more than one entree here included in the $35 up charge? For example if I wanted a seafood dish and a steak would they do it? (I understand if I get lobster or the prime steaks they cost more)

In the past, they have charged $10 each for additional entrees beyond the first.

Wow. They've got to be kidding right? Porterhouse is DH's fave and the parmesean potatoes is one of my main reasons for going because I'm not a steak lover. Based on this menu, our days at Chops are done.

In the past here, people have said you can get only one entree, which makes sense. I've never tried to do otherwise. I doubt they'd get in the habit of letting people order multiple steaks, seafood etc:rolleyes: And wouldn't expect them to.

Thanks I wasn't sure I was used to Disney which you can order whatever you want in the upcharge restaurant on their ship. For example in Palo I paid $20/pp and my wife and I both got steaks and our waiter insisted we split some pasta as well so they brought us a third dish. Then he came back and asked if we wanted another dish but we were way too full.

I just didn't know what to expect. For me I put about $15 dollars value in the MDR meal. So if RCCI is going to charge me another $35 over what I would have spent for the main MDR food that would put me at $50/pp for Chops. I could get a better steak in a restaurant here for cheaper with all the goodies. $100 for a couple is a lot to live up to in my mind and that isn't including the higher end choices.

For me I put about $15 dollars value in the MDR meal. So if RCCI is going to charge me another $35 over what I would have spent for the main MDR food that would put me at $50/pp for Chops. I could get a better steak in a restaurant here for cheaper with all the goodies. $100 for a couple is a lot to live up to in my mind and that isn't including the higher end choices.

I like your thinking here:) We were always willing to spend 20-30.00 on Chops or Portofino, but will be reconsidering now that the prices have gone up and the selection is poorer.

As I mentioned in a previous post, our last few cruises Chops and Portofino were NOT very busy. This was on Adventure/Brilliance/Jewel. Maybe they can fill up the specialty dining on a monster ship like Oasis and that's all that matters? But I don't see attendance increasing on the smaller ships with a price increase at Chops.

And I still can't believe they think someone might pay a 35.00 upcharge to go there and order a BURGER:rolleyes: It is just wierd even putting that on the menu......

Edited by bouhunter

And I still can't believe they think someone might pay a 35.00 upcharge to go there and order a BURGER:rolleyes: It is just wierd even putting that on the menu......

The burger is a crack up to me too. I am guessing they wanted something on the menu for people who only eat food like that I guess. Say I want to go to Chops bad and my wife only eats burgers at least she would have something to eat. (My wife is very picky but she'll eat a steak). I figure this is why seafood restaurants always have one chicken and one beef dish on their menus.

We have a steakhouse in Austin that charges $20 for a burger but it is made out of Kobe beef.

Disney might have sued them because it was too close to Mary Poppins.

Hahaha! That took me a minute.

Seriously, though, I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get it at Chops (it's an Argentinian sauce). Oh well.

Edited by Ramblin' Ma'am

Hahaha! That took me a minute.

Seriously' date=' though, I was pleasantly surprised to be able to get it at Chops (it's an Argentinian sauce). Oh well.[/quote']

That was my favorite as well. I was able to find locally at the grocery store, just as good on a nice steak at home.

http://www.badiaspices.com/marinades-sauces/chimichurri-sauce/

That was my favorite as well. I was able to find locally at the grocery store, just as good on a nice steak at home.

http://www.badiaspices.com/marinades-sauces/chimichurri-sauce/

Thanks--it's more that it's just another reason not to spend extra for Chops. I think if I want to get a higher-quality steak, I will be more likely to just order the Chops filet in the MDR.

About 5 weeks ago aboard Independence of the Seas, we had reservations at Chops. They still featured the "existing" menu, but were aware the "new" menu was coming onboard sometime "before summer".

Honestly, in looking over the new menu...we just don't see what all the hub-bub is about. There are plenty of choices and many of the same items found on the existing menu.

When we dined in March at Chops, both of us had one of the best filet steaks we've ever had anyplace, and certainly the best on any cruise. Furthermore, all of the other soups, salads, appetizers, sides, and dessert we all excellent.

Like any other venue onboard a cruise...there are choices. Chops may not appeal to everyone anyway, no matter what the menu contents.

It seems like this is mostly a "debate over individual personal menu choice items" than anything else - and that's certainly to be expected. In our case, we're not fond enough with Giovanni's to pay the extra $$$ for what they offer...but others love it.

New menu or "existing"...we'll likely visit Chops again very soon on Radiance, as well as other future cruises.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

About 5 weeks ago aboard Independence of the Seas, we had reservations at Chops. They still featured the "existing" menu, but were aware the "new" menu was coming onboard sometime "before summer".

Honestly, in looking over the new menu...we just don't see what all the hub-bub is about. There are plenty of choices and many of the same items found on the existing menu.

When we dined in March at Chops, both of us had one of the best filet steaks we've ever had anyplace, and certainly the best on any cruise. Furthermore, all of the other soups, salads, appetizers, sides, and dessert we all excellent.

Like any other venue onboard a cruise...there are choices. Chops may not appeal to everyone anyway, no matter what the menu contents.

It seems like this is mostly a "debate over individual personal menu choice items" than anything else - and that's certainly to be expected. In our case, we're not fond enough with Giovanni's to pay the extra $$$ for what they offer...but others love it.

New menu or "existing"...we'll likely visit Chops again very soon on Radiance, as well as other future cruises.

One of the biggest issues is that they've taken many of the previously included cuts of steak and added an upcharge to them. And increased the cover charge at the same time. I don't consider a choice of 2 cuts of steak adequate in a steakhouse. Also, they've removed many of the favorite items people have come to love at this venue. And they removed the table cloths from this supposedly upscale venue. All of these things add up to a lesser experience for me and one I will no longer pay extra for.

Was on B2B on Vision last week. Got a great deal on the Chef's Table package for only $105 with 4 meals included. They were selling Chop's online on Vision for just $25 on both sailings.

Onboard they were charging $30 onboard on the first sailing, but when the ship reached Port Everglades they increased all pricing. New Chop's pricing onboard was $35, but they still had the old menu.

It was interesting that they raised Spa special pricing by about 40%. Drinks went up $1-2 each in new menus that were put out when closing the bars following the repositioning cruise from Panama.

So basically all prices were inflated for Vision's Florida season vs. Panama season.

I agree with Cruisefan0001. We had the best filets in Chops and will dine there on our next cruise. Food tastes are very subjective. We don't mind paying an upcharge at a specialty restaurant that we like. In fact, on our next cruise we will dine in Chops more than once and stay away from Giovanni's which we did not like.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can see why some fols would be upset over the new menu bit it looks good to us...other than missing the current cheesy potatoes...and an increase in fee. Chimichurrri sauce gone? What about the other sauces? I didn't see desserts listed. Would be happy if they did new desserts as we have never been a big fan of Chops desserts.

Dies anyone have a tentative schedule of the roll-out dates for the new menu on each ship?

DH and I ate at Giovanni's on Oasis and we loved it. We loved the atmosphere and the walk to get there through Central Park - service and food were both excellent. I have heard mixed reviews about Giovanni's, but in our experience, it was somewhere we will definitely go again.

We have also been very pleased with Giovanni's Table.

One of the biggest issues is that they've taken many of the previously included cuts of steak and added an upcharge to them. And increased the cover charge at the same time. I don't consider a choice of 2 cuts of steak adequate in a steakhouse. Also, they've removed many of the favorite items people have come to love at this venue. And they removed the table cloths from this supposedly upscale venue. All of these things add up to a lesser experience for me and one I will no longer pay extra for.

This kind of sums it up for me. I think a steakhouse should have more than 2 beef cuts included in the price, and I greatly dislike the look of the venue without tablecloths. The tables in Chops on the Navigator were never intended to be used without tablecloths...they are cheap looking laminate that has seen better days. Perhaps if they changed out the tables for something more substantial looking I would feel differently, but as it is right now it looks like you're eating in a steakhouse that purchased their tables used from Denny's.:(

I can see why some fols would be upset over the new menu bit it looks good to us...other than missing the current cheesy potatoes...and an increase in fee.

Maybe because they're asking people to pay 35.00/PP for a STEAKHOUSE and only offering two cuts on the menu??? But oh yeah, if you don't like that you can have a burger...........:rolleyes: