FIRST and LAST CRUISE With CELEBRITY

emuller1

My wife and I are booked to cruise June 14th on the Equinox and are looking forward to it.

HOWEVER and it is a big HOWEVER this will be the last time I will cruise with CELEBRITY. Their customer service nowhere to be found unless it requires a payment. Today I have been on hold for 60 minutes, hung up, then later 40 minutes had to hang. I have previously sent 2 email requests asking about excursions no response to date.

To me this is an indication on how they value their paying customers and I will not be 1 after this cruise. I prefer to spend my money where I am dealing with a company not only mentions customer service but practices it.

Hi emuller1,

I want to apologize, and offer an email address so we can assist. Can you please send a message to concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com. Please include a reservation number and your phone number as well, and we'll try to assist.

Edited by Celebrity Cruises

GOOD FOR YOU. It’s about time someone refuses to “take it”. Most people are cattle…they’ll take it.

I’m no better. For now, the NJ departure works for me but the minute my kids are older and i can be more nimble travel-wise, I will choose another line over issues like that for sure.

Companies are smart. They see their customers making excuses for a 60 minute hold time. Defending the company like its a family member. So of course then….the SAME people will write countless threads on their little perks being taken away, or less staff, or whatever.

Wonder why those cutbacks occur? lol

This is a cruise critic horror thread. The OP is clearly upset by getting what he (and most people) consider poor response from celebrity on a simple call......and everyone here starts to jump on the poster. Snide comments that you've never had to call...or you need a TA etc are just uncalled for...they aren't helpful at all. Is there anyone who posted one of those wise cracks who believes there isn't a problem getting celebrity to answer the phone?

Celebrity Cruises jumped in to help. That's twice he's jumped in to help individual situations, even though he has stated a number of times that he doesn't do that...he can only deal with general questions. Hey...Celebrity...your helpful here, but let's get the message straight and consistent. By the way, there still are some general questions/issues that you haven't addressed. (how about bayley's being on the classic drink list on your UK site (the us site doesn't list what's included other than by price) but apparently it's not part of the package on the ship???? Price changes...unannounced???

Hi emuller1,

I want to apologize, and offer an email address so we can assist. Can you please send a message to concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com. Please include a reservation number and your phone number as well, and we'll try to assist.

This still does not adress long hold times when one wants to spend $10,000 in booking, calling several times in my case. I'm a low maintenance cruiser and. I prefer a PVP as they provide insight that TA's can't. Obviously not with Celebrity.

I may be done with them as well regardless of cheerleaders in here.

This still does not adress long hold times when one wants to spend $10,000 in booking, calling several times in my case. I'm a low maintenance cruiser and. I prefer a PVP as they provide insight that TA's can't. Obviously not with Celebrity.

I may be done with them as well regardless of cheerleaders in here.

I am curious as to what exactly you mean by "insight" that you think a PVP can provide that a TA can't? I have proven the Celebrity PVP's wrong many times on the information they've given.

TA's don't use the phone number that the general public uses to get through to Celebrity. If you used a good TA, they would handle all the phoning and questions for you and you wouldn't be wasting your valuable time on hold.

Enjoy your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41499554&postcount=229

Since the OP hasn't returned with any more details about what specific information he wanted Celebrity to provide, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with his post (above) on another thread?

Man, Google would be so much easier than being on hold for an hour :)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=176

I've had the hold time issue, too. It was just awful.

But as said above, I like the product. I try to never call the cruise line. I work through a travel agent or use the website whenever possible so that I don't have to call them. Sometimes, you just can't get the answer you need from the website and sometimes (at least in my experience) the website doesn't work properly. I hope they work on those issues. Once I get on the ship, I am glad I booked with Celebrity.

Ohiodoglover

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41499554&postcount=229

Since the OP hasn't returned with any more details about what specific information he wanted Celebrity to provide, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with his post (above) on another thread?

Excellent point Suzanne!

If this was typical of their questions, I can't imagine any agent at Celebrity would know this answer?

"I have tried on several times to get a reply from Celebrity on what will be closed and openned on The Monday that we stop at Corfu, so far nilch, (hopefully that is not an indication of the service level). I am wondering if anyone knows how this will affects the shore excurions that they promote?"

I think what we would all like to help educate the OP and and give guidance. The CC community is a wealth of information and relying on the under-paid, over-worked, and under-trained customer service representatives can be frustrating. Most of these agents have probably never been on a cruise or traveled out of the country.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Edited by kelmac

This is a cruise critic horror thread. The OP is clearly upset by getting what he (and most people) consider poor response from celebrity on a simple call......and everyone here starts to jump on the poster. Snide comments that you've never had to call...or you need a TA etc are just uncalled for...they aren't helpful at all. Is there anyone who posted one of those wise cracks who believes there isn't a problem getting celebrity to answer the phone?

Celebrity Cruises jumped in to help. That's twice he's jumped in to help individual situations, even though he has stated a number of times that he doesn't do that...he can only deal with general questions. Hey...Celebrity...your helpful here, but let's get the message straight and consistent. By the way, there still are some general questions/issues that you haven't addressed. (how about bayley's being on the classic drink list on your UK site (the us site doesn't list what's included other than by price) but apparently it's not part of the package on the ship???? Price changes...unannounced???

Everyone here starts to jump on the poster? Didn't think any of the responses were entirely out of line, just people with their observations and opinions, that's what Cruise Critic is all about. When you post something on cruise critic you can't be so thinned skin as not to expect some responses you may not like.

Also you actually "jumped on" Celebrity Cruises poster for something you know that can not be responded to on this public forum.

Bottom line is the OP wants to know what will will be opened and closed in Corfu the day he visits, Celebrity Customer Service is less prepared than these boards to answer that question.

Ken

I wouldn't want to, nor would I hold that long for anyone on the phone so I understand the OP's frustration.

Having said that and having read of similar complaints with X's phones over the last few months but yet having never had a wait time of more than just a few minutes(like less than 5) I wonder what time of day these calls are being made? Is there a pattern to when they are busiest. I almost always call in early evening, eastern time...and no issue, maybe Celebrity Cruises can step in here and give us all an idea of what times of day these long delays are most likely to happen so we know when to avoid them.....just a thought!!!:)

I find it rather funny that before he has even sailed he is saying he'll never sail with them again. Talk about jumping to conclusions!

And I'm not "jumping on" the OP; but just think about it.:rolleyes:

I find it rather funny that before he has even sailed he is saying he'll never sail with them again. Talk about jumping to conclusions!

And I'm not "jumping on" the OP; but just think about it.:rolleyes:

I find it rather funny that he indicated that he is looking forward to his cruise, even though he will never take another!

And I am not "jumping on: the OP, but you really need to consider his statement :confused:

Shame on you Celebrity. If you have a phone line, you need to answer those calls pronto. You need an education from AMEX, they know what to do here. Take care of clients questions & concerns and answer them in a timely fashion. No quicker way to lose future clients than not to take care of your existing client base.

When I see people jumping on the OP for a legit complaint, it kind of makes me laugh at cutbacks. I’m glad there’s less bar-staff and I’m glad that the ‘elite breakfast’ is being cutback too. Hey, if you are willing to make excuses for bad phone service, then take it like a man when other things get cut-back too.

The BEST will be if they stop allowing wine bottles to be brought aboard. That would be awesome. Or better yet, charging for baggage a la airlines.

In due time. In due time.

I, too, called and was on hold forever. But, I did get someone very nice and helpful. A friend that I am travelling with asked me if I wouldn't mind calling for her -- I just went in with the attitude I was going to be on hold for a long time. So, when they offered me a call back -- bingo -- that was the answer. Lo and behold, my call back was right around the time they said it would be.

While I understand your frustration, I also think that we oftentimes expect immediate results and satisfaction. When I learned to just start working on something else and was patient for my return call, I was not at all frustrated. It all has to do with expectations. Expectations of customers, when known in advance, usually produce happier customer experiences. If they said your hold time was to be 5 minutes and they left you hanging on for over an hour, you are probably furious. If they said that the hold time would be greater than 60 minutes and you got a call back within an hour, you'd probably be ok with that.

Of note, once you sail on the Equinox, it will be hard to hang onto the anger. What a beautiful ship with such an outstanding staff and crew. Hope you have a marvelous time on your cruise and not criticizing you for venting -- we all need to do it sometimes -- but can assure you it will all be more fun if you try to forget about the one bad experience.

X should have an option when calling in, press "x" to talk to an experienced cc member that can answer many general questions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

LOL -- are you volunteering for that position? ;)

My wife and I are booked to cruise June 14th on the Equinox and are looking forward to it.

HOWEVER and it is a big HOWEVER this will be the last time I will cruise with CELEBRITY. Their customer service nowhere to be found unless it requires a payment. Today I have been on hold for 60 minutes, hung up, then later 40 minutes had to hang. I have previously sent 2 email requests asking about excursions no response to date.

To me this is an indication on how they value their paying customers and I will not be 1 after this cruise. I prefer to spend my money where I am dealing with a company not only mentions customer service but practices it.

I'd advise moderation and patience. As other members advised, you will probably love the cruise? The volume of negative input over the recent changes is picking up. Once the ships start leaving without guests in all the cabins, Celebrity will pay attention and may roll back all of the changes made under the new regime.

I've always reached customer service with less than a five minute wait...

Mike

I am curious as to what exactly you mean by "insight" that you think a PVP can provide that a TA can't? I have proven the Celebrity PVP's wrong many times on the information they've given.

TA's don't use the phone number that the general public uses to get through to Celebrity. If you used a good TA, they would handle all the phoning and questions for you and you wouldn't be wasting your valuable time on hold.

Enjoy your cruise.

An example that with my guy at NCL has directed me to larger cabins due to ship design, steered me away from others, etc. that and he is prompt, returns emails quickly. More importantly, he is fun to deal with and values our biz. I would have booked with them but their itineraries were limited when I wanted to go.

I'm sure that this cruise will be fine but I thought my experience would be similar, if not better. Good thing is we are booked and won't have to deal with Cel by phone again.

PS. I had no questions, knew category, just needed to book. I consider myself a pretty low maintenance cruise guy. I still found it weird that when one clicks on "call me" on their website. X calls immediately and puts you on hold. I expected a live voice calling as I figured I'd be called when someone was available.

Edited by blindrid

OP, I hope you get your problem with Customer Service solved. Please do yourself a favor and don't get on the cruise thinking it is your first and last cruise. If any little thing displeases you on the cruise (and there may be little things....no cruise is 100% perfect) it will be magnified by an attitude like that. Equinox is a lovely ship. Please enjoy your cruise.:)

I feel your pain..Celebrity's customer service is awful and I typically wait 90 minutes to make a simple modification to a booking. At the same time I find the onboard experience to be wonderful and I'll continue to book with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums