Price Increase - Bistro on 5 & Specialities

*kittykate*

Just got on Eclipse & been told Bistro on 5 is now $7pp, Quisine & Tuscan Grill gone up to $45 & Murano $50. The three speciality restaurants package for $104 seems a better deal now.

Just got off Eclipse today - Bistro on 5 was $5pp, Qsine $45pp, Tuscan Grill $35pp - not sure about Murano - didn't eat there.

Just got on Eclipse & been told Bistro on 5 is now $7pp, Quisine & Tuscan Grill gone up to $45 & Murano $50. The three speciality restaurants package for $104 seems a better deal now.

wow...don't have problem with Bistro increase but that's just too much money for Murano and Qsine, and while we really like Tuscan a $10.00 increase is A LOT.....guess we'll be eating in Blu all nights...which is fine too....

Just got off Eclipse today - Bistro on 5 was $5pp, Qsine $45pp, Tuscan Grill $35pp - not sure about Murano - didn't eat there.

Yes, it sounds like the price increase has just gone through.

A lot of changes are being applied from cruises starting around now, with cruises just finishing being the last at the old rate/conditions/staffing.

Bistro on 5 has always been a ghost town after the first day. I never could figure that out, as it is a nice place to eat. Now, it will probably be even worse although a $2 increase isn't a deal breaker for me.

As for the other specialty restaurants, I imagine the Celebrity "hawkers" on board will be out in force after the recent increases. What are they thinking??? :eek:

Sometimes I think that Celebrity minds have a tendency to forget that these charges are IN ADDITION to what their guests are already paying for their regular MDR meal. What is that meal worth that you give up when eating in a speciality restaurant? Yes the specialities are nice but when you figure what you have to pay extra, plus what you have already paid, it makes for a very expensive meal.

If the price for Bistro on 5 is raing to $7 will they also relocate it to deck 7?

Wonder how long it will be before they convert the Mast Grill into a pay for as it is popular and a lot better than Johnny Rocket.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We had a 5 dinner package on Millie recently which made the costs a little better, but the only problem is that we had no choice but to have 3 in Olympic and 2 in Qsine and even then we had to have the first one in Olympic on the first or second night of the cruise. (The nights they tend to offer deals on as it is quiet) After having done the Qsine which was very good, we wouldnt want to go there again. The MD has said that we cannot exchange the Qsine for Olympic bookings so in future we either have to pay full price to eat in Olympic or get the unlimited package, which is simply too much. X could be a little more flexible here especially considering the price.

We had a 5 dinner package on Millie recently which made the costs a little better, but the only problem is that we had no choice but to have 3 in Olympic and 2 in Qsine and even then we had to have the first one in Olympic on the first or second night of the cruise. (The nights they tend to offer deals on as it is quiet) After having done the Qsine which was very good, we wouldnt want to go there again. The MD has said that we cannot exchange the Qsine for Olympic bookings so in future we either have to pay full price to eat in Olympic or get the unlimited package, which is simply too much. X could be a little more flexible here especially considering the price.

Ask for deals each morning. They had a table set up outside the Ocean View Grill for breakfast. If we were interested we just casually asked. We got 20% off both Tuscan Grille and Murano

If the price for Bistro on 5 is raing to $7 will they also relocate it to deck 7?

Wonder how long it will be before they convert the Mast Grill into a pay for as it is popular and a lot better than Johnny Rocket.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Erase this! We don't need them getting any more ideas LOL

Sometimes I think that Celebrity minds have a tendency to forget that these charges are IN ADDITION to what their guests are already paying for their regular MDR meal. What is that meal worth that you give up when eating in a speciality restaurant? Yes the specialities are nice but when you figure what you have to pay extra, plus what you have already paid, it makes for a very expensive meal.

Totally agree. Our last meal in a speciality restaurant was little better than the MDR. Service, surroundings were excellent but food honestly not fantastic. Certainly not worth a supplement of $50. On the Eclipse last year I actually felt sorry for staff who were touting for customers for speciality restaurants. I am assuming that is why they are now doing the packages. :rolleyes:

did it once on Infinity in Feb in S/A and will probably not try it again! I had read on CC how good it was...and at least in this instance it was so POOR!!! We were the only 2 couples in the venue....took over 1/2 hour to get each item delivered...and it was cold and did not have any taste. I was embarrassed that I had suggested to my friends on board to try this venue....so...TBH...I would probably not try this venue again. OTOH...it seems like the other PTE (pay to eat) venues are really getting more and more expensive!!! And so....a cruise line like Oceania becomes more and more appealing...and less and less expensive...if you like to eat in the "special" venues. I still am loyal to X...and have a cruise booked on Century this fall...and this Xmas on Eclipse...and next summer as well......but will be "checking my list" more than once to see if the "value" is still there!!! LuAnn

Ask for deals each morning. They had a table set up outside the Ocean View Grill for breakfast. If we were interested we just casually asked. We got 20% off both Tuscan Grille and Murano

I dont know if it makes any difference, but, on the Millie there is only Olympic and Qsine. When we were waiting for our excursions, they set up a table in the theater offering a discount for that evening ($10 off). I might be fussy, but, we prefer specialities on sea days as we may be too exhausted to enjoy it on a port day, or on formal night if we havent taken the tux. I just wish for a bit flexibility with the booking but it does seem to be a big ask.

I dont know if it makes any difference, but, on the Millie there is only Olympic and Qsine. When we were waiting for our excursions, they set up a table in the theater offering a discount for that evening ($10 off). I might be fussy, but, we prefer specialities on sea days as we may be too exhausted to enjoy it on a port day, or on formal night if we havent taken the tux. I just wish for a bit flexibility with the booking but it does seem to be a big ask.

Yes, if you want a specific date waiting for specials might be a bit risky. We paid full price for Tuscan Grille one night because it was my B-Day and didn't want to risk it. Glad we booked early, it was packed that night but the other two in Murano and TG we weren't fussy on date. LOVED the specialty restaurants.

Yes, if you want a specific date waiting for specials might be a bit risky. We paid full price for Tuscan Grille one night because it was my B-Day and didn't want to risk it. Glad we booked early, it was packed that night but the other two in Murano and TG we weren't fussy on date. LOVED the specialty restaurants.

Cannot speak highly enough of Olympic - service, food quality -faultless. Worth every penny so will probably have to pay full price. Lunch too !! Hard life cruising isnt it?