Classic Drink Package - Significant Cuts in what's included (Threads Merged)

ghstudio

Hi all,

As promised, here is a current list of what is included in the Classic Beverage package.

"The Classic Package includes spirits and cocktails priced up to $8.00 per glass, beers up to $6.00 per bottle/glass, wines up to $9.00 per glass (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Classic Package.

Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package."

A wine list would be great. However, i understand that even at my favorite restaurant in town...changes week to week.

Thank You

Hopefully we will get to see a detailed list of wines sometime in the near future

cheers

I would also like to see a list of "representative" wines...understanding that wine availability on a given ship may change more than spirits.

The new posted official list is much appreciated and, from my personal point of view, is now a quality Celebrity offering. Thank you...

Edited by ghstudio

I would also like this information, especially about the wines. I want to figure out how to break this to my husband before we board next week!:rolleyes:

I can answer some of this. No changes visible to me at Martini Bar or Molecular Bar with my Premium Package, except thaqt for the 4/28 sailing on the Martini Bar had no menus. Staff blamed it on the change back to price + gratuity from the "gratuity included" price seen in the menus on the 4/11 SYD to HI cruise. In hindsight, I have to suspect the lack of drink menus was due more to prices being increased...can anyone on the cruises this week clarify that?

For Premium wines, some examples I recall: DryCreek Old Vines Zinfandel was included on Premium leg one, for leg 2, an upsell of, IIRC, $2+ 15%. Conundrum white became an upsell, don't know how much because my friend/traveling companion declined the glass upon hearing that. Freemark Abbey, normally a $4 (including gratuity) upsell, and a favorite of mine became a $6+15% upsell. Mer Soleil (white) became an upsell of $4.

I had already found the Premium wines by the glass selection somewhat thin, despite having wine lists from Blu, Murano, Tuscan and CellarMasters to choose from. Two years ago my sommelier would sell any bottle of wine by the glass if there were two of us and we had the Premium package. Gone are those days!:(

Yes, we're currently working to provide a list to both Cruise Critic, and to our websites. Not sure if we'll be able to share that list today, but we should have it soon.

I knew you come out tops well done can't wait just 3 weeks and were off

Hi all,

As promised, here is a current list of what is included in the Classic Beverage package.

"The Classic Package includes spirits and cocktails priced up to $8.00 per glass, beers up to $6.00 per bottle/glass, wines up to $9.00 per glass (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Classic Package.

Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package."

Whilst it is good to receive an official update from Celebrity I cant help thinking that this has been a disaster for the brand and public relations.

Some of the complaints that have been listed via CC over the last few days will take many months and possibly years for people to forget.

The issue still is that conflicting information is still out there on official Celebrity sources such as the following, which I have cut and pasted within the last 3 minutes from the official website.

Why choose the drinks package?

If you plan on chilling out and relaxing with a drink in hand then we recommend selecting the Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. Valued at up to $1500 on a 14 night sailing, this package offers fantastic value for money, not to mention an incredible array of beverages such Bacardi, Jack Daniels, Johnny Walker Red, Corona, Beck's and Heineken. While those who prefer wine can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased onboard, the package is also great for non-alcoholic beverages with drinks like espresso, cappuccino, tonic, orange juice, Coke and more also included.

I notice that Corona (and Jack Daniels) is included, but have just read a post from 'Official Celebrity' that they will check after the weekend if it is?????? Why not just correct things and get some clarity, poor Celebrity very very poor!

It is interesting to see peoples opinions from all over the world but in the midst of all this just bear in mind that within the UK if you have paid for something the below applies:

From http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/advice/index.cfm

Help and Advice

Your consumer rights – products must be:

• of satisfactory quality - last for the time you would expect and be free of any defects
  • fit for purpose – fit for the use described and any specific use you made clear to the trader
  • as described – match the description on packaging or what the trader told you

Clearly Celebrity are not complying with the last bit!

Perhaps 'Celebrity Official' could address why they think that they can ignore UK Legislation?

Hi all,

Thanks for this!

Now we need the wines for the classic package and I would love to see what is now included in the premium package as I miss some stuff.

Hi all,

Thank you for this list

I have a question for you please if you are able to answer

Your list is different to the list I was able to order from last week on the Eclipse,

As you can see there are 2 whiskey brands on my list, Cutty sark and Old Black Bush, all the others on your list were refused

Can you please confirm that your list will be the list that is available for anyone sailing on the Eclipse or will they still be given the same list as me, which is where all this confusion started from in the first place

You have stated that not all the drinks on your list are guaranteed, so really we are no further on, as your list is what I thought I was getting all along, it wasn't until boarding that I knew it was different

There is a significant difference in the cordials available on my list too

Thank you

URL=http://s76.photobucket.com/user/Janangtal/media/imagejpg1.jpg.html]imagejpg1.jpg[/url]

Edited by rubydoobydoo

Thank you for this list

I have a question for you please if you are able to answer

Your list is different to the list I was able to order from last week on the Eclipse,

As you can see there are 2 whiskey brands on my list, Cutty sark and Old Black Bush, all the others on your list were refused

Can you please confirm that your list will be the list that is available for anyone sailing on the Eclipse or will they still be given the same list as me, which is where all this confusion started from in the first place

You have stated that not all the drinks on your list are guaranteed, so really we are no further on, as your list is what I thought I was getting all along, it wasn't until boarding that I knew it was different

There is a significant difference in the cordials available on my list too

Thank you

You are right. I saw the list you got onboard and recognized for the gin's that there is only Gordon's and Beefeater available, no more Tanqueray.

On the list that was posted by "official" I can find Tanqueray and even Bombay (whereas Bombay used to be included in the premium package before).

:confused::confused::confused:

Hi all,

Am I alone in seeing this one sentence as effectively meaning the problems encountered on ship are no further forward?

Am I alone in seeing this one sentence as effectively meaning the problems encountered on ship are no further forward?

No you are not alone, and I have asked the question to Celebrity in the other thread :rolleyes:

Actually, that statement is wrong, is was this thread, I am getting so confused with all this

Edited by rubydoobydoo

Hi all,

Thank you for the clarification.:D

Bravo to Celebrity for addressing the issue. Unfortunately, it is an issue that is bound to repeat itself because the packages do not include particular brands, but are subject to price limitations. Fair enough. The problem, as I see it, is that because prices are subject to change at any time, without notice -- and I don't begrudge Celebrity for the right do this, most responsible companies have similar policies -- folks will not know what they are buying without a beverage menu list with prices. Unfortunately, Celebrity does not post its beverage menu with prices (even though such prices are subject to change!). Hence, there is little incentive to buy a package or upgrade to the premium package, in advance of one's travels. An educated consumer, at minimum, would like a fair idea of what they are purchasing before spending their monies.

In other words, this list is just a list of most of the cheaper drinks you can buy in the bars. They may or may not be available to you in the Classic Package. They can actually include whatever they want to and exclude whatever they want to, at any time and without prior notice. What they have done is change the wording to cover themselves. Have they really addressed the problem......no of course not.

Agreed. Their reply is rather ambiguous. Why don't they just have one list & just stick to it!

I am confused regarding the 15% service charge, we have the"Classic",

does one get this charge added to our end of cruise bill for every drink off the list, or is it included in the package?:confused:

Cheers.

My question is, if they have increased the limit per glass of wine in the classic package because they have increased glass wine prices, did they also increase the premium wine glass limits? Or did those of us purchasing the premium package now get the shaft?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

In other words, this list is just a list of most of the cheaper drinks you can buy in the bars. They may or may not be available to you in the Classic Package. They can actually include whatever they want to and exclude whatever they want to, at any time and without prior notice. What they have done is change the wording to cover themselves. Have they really addressed the problem......no of course not.

I prefer to think that they have really thought about the issues raised...not just the legal issues, but the "style" of making changes and the purpose of making offers. I think they are now committed to providing essentially this list of options for a reasonable period of time and featuring it as part of their modern luxury marketing messages.

Hi all,

Hi,

could you provide the similar list also for Premium package?

I fully agree with you

However the the latest statement by Celebrity meets the standard statutory minimum requirement

After all if you book an all-inclusive, all they generally state is locally produced Alcoholic beverages

They have set out their policy and it's up to us to decide if we trust that Celebrity will treat it customers fairly in this regard and if not time for different choices

While I appreciate their reply I think they have to rethink the presentation of the offer to avoid confusion. I realize that it's too late now but if the marking and financial advisers would have thought this through before they promoted the offers they could have created a third package as the giveaway.

Free package could have been house brand wine and spirits.

Classic package could have be call brands such as Bacardi and coke or Absolute and orange juice instead of a rum and coke or a Screwdriver that would use house brands.

Premium package would stay the same.

Had they done this from the beginning I think that passengers would have taken the bait as it is still a good promotion and would have upgraded to one of the other two packages without giving it a thought. I know I would. Now they are just back peddling the issue and it isn't making them look good.

In what world can you give away your largest profit margin item and still make money? Sorry but they didn't raise the cruise price that much to cover the cost and the promotion didn't fill all of the ships because there were some great last minute deals that included the package.

Should a big company like Celebrity not first put a plan together before putting any thing out and playing stupid with there costumer. First they confuse us and then we have to say OOO so thankful for an answer. It really does not show good costumer services or knowledge and this is said very polity. I have no understanding how such a big mistake can be made.

Hi all,

No, you're not but they have clarified one thing.

As I started reading the post from Celebrity I was thinking "How nice that they are clarifying what's offered.

Then I got to that last sentence and thought that all this "clarification" is , is a written statement that there are no guarantees in advance of what's included.

I would also like to know if there are changes to the premium package?

Hi all,

But could you be more specific on the Cocktails menu.? We keep reading someone has tried to get a certain cocktail and had been refused on the Classic package.? Or if you want a Cosmo or whatever people have been told they are not included and others have had a smaller glass.? Well which is it no cosmo or smaller glass.? Plus the frozen margaritas ? or Daiquiris.

But then I read.....

Surely this is what the whole subject has been about.?

Many thanks

[/color]

Edited by amberben