Classic Drink Package - Significant Cuts in what's included (Threads Merged)

ghstudio

The 'Worlds Of Extras' http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/world-of-extras.aspx/?cid=UKCELPS_GOO_Brand+Terms&cid=UKCELPS_GOO_Brand+Terms?gclid=COGh0Zumj74CFQoYwwod8JoA1w

page has finally changed.

The Drinks list has gone, but the following statement now appears. No I havent taken anything out added to it or orthewise changed it

Choose a Complimentary Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package

Quench your thirst onboard your next cruise by opting for our Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package featuring a wide range of soft drinks, freshly-squeezed juices, premium coffees and teas, as well as all beers, spirits, cocktails and wines.

It goes on to say:

Why choose the drinks package?

If you plan on chilling out and relaxing with a drink in hand then we recommend selecting the Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. Valued at up to $1500 on a 14 night sailing, this package offers fantastic value for money, not to mention an incredible array of beverages such Bacardi, Jack Daniels, Johnny Walker Red, Corona, Beck's and Heineken. While those who prefer wine can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased onboard, the package is also great for non-alcoholic beverages with drinks like espresso, cappuccino, tonic, orange juice, Coke and more also included.

The 'Worlds Of Extras' http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/world-of-extras.aspx/?cid=UKCELPS_GOO_Brand+Terms&cid=UKCELPS_GOO_Brand+Terms?gclid=COGh0Zumj74CFQoYwwod8JoA1w

page has finally changed.

The Drinks list has gone, but the following statement now appears. No I havent taken anything out added to it or orthewise changed it

Choose a Complimentary Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package

Quench your thirst onboard your next cruise by opting for our Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package featuring a wide range of soft drinks, freshly-squeezed juices, premium coffees and teas, as well as all beers, spirits, cocktails and wines.

It goes on to say:

Why choose the drinks package?

If you plan on chilling out and relaxing with a drink in hand then we recommend selecting the Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. Valued at up to $1500 on a 14 night sailing, this package offers fantastic value for money, not to mention an incredible array of beverages such Bacardi, Jack Daniels, Johnny Walker Red, Corona, Beck's and Heineken. While those who prefer wine can enjoy a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased onboard, the package is also great for non-alcoholic beverages with drinks like espresso, cappuccino, tonic, orange juice, Coke and more also included.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! All things that people are complaining are no longer available! Classic indeed! :D

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! All things that people are complaining are no longer available! Classic indeed! :D

That is if you believe the webpage.

Of course being on ship is a different matter, but the point is I guess that it has now been changed BUT items those items are still mentioned!

Can anyone post up to date price lists from each ship for drinks please. I have just read that Baileys is $10.50:eek: on the Eclipse.

Wondering if all other drinks have increased so significantly:(

if this is a dup post, I am sorry.

Will not be ordering that at $10.50..hope something is included in the classic package like Kahlua, or amaretta..I only have one of these types every few days but would miss it..if not in the package

When we first selected the perk of Classic Package Jamison was on there. Then it disappeared but Maker's Mark was on there so my husband was okay with that. Now the other day the list I saw just had 2 wanna be scotches on there. Also no Baily's which is my drink of choice.

Now i have to push the pencil and see what we are going to do. .

NCL Breakaway was cheaper so now I am going to see what we can do with them. Hate to leave Celebrity but.....they have done this all to themselves.

Don't offer a deal if you are going to change it afterwards!

another of my posts that may be a dup..sorry

aside from being sidetracked over VAT calculations, the true theme of these combined threads is classic bait and switch... when we booked our cruise we were given inducements in the form of a perk. The classic alcohol package was described in a set list of inclusions and assigned a dollar value when we chose it...the substitutions being made are not equivalents by any means..never even heard of some of them...

no Johnny Walker Red will be a let down for dh...wonder if he can get that at the Elite Party,,if they have not downgraded that either..

I am embarrassed for Celebrity... our line of choice for many years...

Change is one thing but before our very eyes, we see poor management and customer service showing all over-- really a shambles

we have one cruise we will most likely take on Reflection in Nov. because of airline bookings but anything we have booked beyond that may be off the table...

hcat - I agree with you - the old bait and switch!

How much is it per day to upgrade to the Premium package? I know it went up after I booked this cruise back in January but I don't remember what to because we were at that time satisfied with the Jamison and Baily's being on the list. Hell, my DH was satisfied with Makers Mark or Johnny Walker. Not the 2 wanna be's that they have listed for scotch or the crap for Bourbon.

Just been on one of the social media sites to which Celebrity posts and read this, nearly fell off my chair laughing talk about not having a clue

Celebrity Cruises UK Hi *******, thank you for getting in contact with us. Our drinks prices are changing onboard but we can assure you that the list of beverages we have listed on our World of Extras page are still included in our Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. There are a small amount of beverages that have increased in price onboard and are no longer included in the Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. These include Beefeater, Cuervo White, Cutty Stark, Jim Beam, Canadian Club, Seagram 7, Captain Morgan, Malibu, Amaretto and Baileys. We are currently working to update our communications worldwide to ensure everyone is up to date – if you would like to send us a private Facebook message with your email address and sail date, our team will be able to provide you with an up-to-date list of drinks included in your beverage package ahead of your holiday. Warm regards, Celebrity Cruises UK

If memory serves me correctly all these are on the classic beverage package list posted by kevinyork except for Baileys which he posted later has been added

Hello Celebrity:

dh says this is a weasel deal! and he never says stufff like that!!!

I think anyone who got this package before the changes came into effect should be automatically upgraded to premium as a good will gesture; and those who paid for the premium plan should be given a refund for diff between the two packages...

my family has spent thousands of dollars on Celeb cruises for a number of years and now feel we are really being given a very raw deal by the company......after multiple cruises a yr in CC and now AQ....we have experienced the changes starting with the DJ and bang bang drummer.....first coming slowly but now in a deluge!

there are downgrades in many areas, loud DJs (cheaper than housing real live musicians & bands I imagine!) and many other items listed on other threads

We love Modern Luxury not seeing too much of that!

Just been on one of the social media sites to which Celebrity posts and read this, nearly fell off my chair laughing talk about not having a clue

Celebrity Cruises UK Hi *******, thank you for getting in contact with us. Our drinks prices are changing onboard but we can assure you that the list of beverages we have listed on our World of Extras page are still included in our Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. There are a small amount of beverages that have increased in price onboard and are no longer included in the Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. These include Beefeater, Cuervo White, Cutty Stark, Jim Beam, Canadian Club, Seagram 7, Captain Morgan, Malibu, Amaretto and Baileys. We are currently working to update our communications worldwide to ensure everyone is up to date – if you would like to send us a private Facebook message with your email address and sail date, our team will be able to provide you with an up-to-date list of drinks included in your beverage package ahead of your holiday. Warm regards, Celebrity Cruises UK

If memory serves me correctly all these are on the classic beverage package list posted by kevinyork except for Baileys which he posted later has been added

Absolutely fascinating....the UK says they have removed Cutty Sark from the classic drink package....and the "official" drink package posted from the eclipse has only one scotch on it....Cutty Sark.

This is just unbelievable....

Absolutely fascinating....the UK says they have removed Cutty Sark from the classic drink package....and the "official" drink package posted from the eclipse has only one scotch on it....Cutty Sark.

Yep, getting stupider by the day.

Gee whiz, shucks. I was really looking forward to that 'Scotch', Old Black Bush.

Does that even leave a whiskey on the list if that were true?

Edited by gsu_paintballer

Just for info, I spoke to my T/A this evening and asked were they aware of any changes to the Classic drinks package, they said not that they were aware of but she said she would check the T/A access only to Celebrity Website. According to her what shows is what appears to be a comprehensive list of the drinks available, when I mentioned the issue with Scotch Whisky she quoted quite a few brands on her list including Bells, Famous Grouse, Glenfiddich to name a few.

She did say that she would get some more clarification tomorrow when Celebrity UK Customer Service department was open and would seek more information from her manager.

JThere are a small amount of beverages that have increased in price onboard and are no longer included in the Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package. These include Beefeater, Cuervo White, Cutty Stark, Jim Beam, Canadian Club, Seagram 7, Captain Morgan, Malibu, Amaretto and Baileys.

Maybe they should change the name from the classic package to the Prohibition package.:rolleyes:

According to scans from a solstice Alaskan cruise from a recent post, only ONE white wine and NO red wines are included on the classic package!

What is going on!

Edited by Willman