Onboard Eclipse Now. Big cutback in Classic Package Inclusions!

kevinyork

I won't quibble about $1 or $2, but if we find all have gone up $4 or $5 then I'm going to have an issue with it. Part of the plus of having the premium package is not having to worry about paying extra or signing any slips.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

:confused: You think maybe "all have gone up $4 or $5" and there is nothing left in the Premium Pkg?

No I didn't say that. I did see posts from people stating that wines which were previously included in the premium package had now increased to $4 and $5 over the limit. So with no communication from Celebrity regarding the premium package changes, I was concerned.

If on the classic package is it possible to get a Gin and Tonic? How about a large drink?

Yes, you can have a G & T. You can even have a choice of G. (See previous list just posted). The pour is pretty good (1.5 oz approx.). Tell the bartender if you like it strong or if you like it in a tall glass, they are pretty accommodating ;).

No need for a real 'large' if you have the package, just have another!!!

I won't quibble about $1 or $2, but if we find all have gone up $4 or $5 then I'm going to have an issue with it. Part of the plus of having the premium package is not having to worry about paying extra or signing any slips.

Seems the issue of available wines in the Classic Package was resolved by dragging Celebrity to provide information that should have been readily available -- I too have searched for a list from Celebrity --after all who purchases something like a drink package without knowing whats included ?

Well Apparently I do ! -- I have the Premium Package and NOW do not know what wines are included in my purchase. I think that is poor form from Celebrity and I will be *issed off if I'm signing for an upcharge for a wine this September that was included in the Package when we sailed in January and which was included when I purchased the Premium Package.:mad:

Seems the issue of available wines in the Classic Package was resolved by dragging Celebrity to provide information that should have been readily available -- I too have searched for a list from Celebrity --after all who purchases something like a drink package without knowing whats included ?

Well Apparently I do ! -- I have the Premium Package and NOW do not know what wines are included in my purchase. I think that is poor form from Celebrity and I will be *issed off if I'm signing for an upcharge for a wine this September that was included in the Package when we sailed in January and which was included when I purchased the Premium Package.:mad:

Chill, and see post 317 in this thread for a link to the current MDR list courtesy of Cruisenut.

Chill, and see post 317 in this thread for a link to the current MDR list courtesy of Cruisenut.

Hi WpgCycler and thanks for the interest . I think that does show that I am no longer able to order Conundrum and Dry Creek Zinfandel in my Premium Package now ? Or is the Premium limit now $15 ?:confused:

See? Exactly what I mean. Celebrity needs to comment about any changes to the premium package as well. Of they raised prices and this raised the per glass limit of the classic package, it only makes sense that the premium package per glass rate should behave increased as well.

See? Exactly what I mean. Celebrity needs to comment about any changes to the premium package as well. Of they raised prices and this raised the per glass limit of the classic package, it only makes sense that the premium package per glass rate should behave increased as well.

If you don't think it's good value - don't buy it. :)

Jeez Wait for it:D From the other thread!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42819106&postcount=449

So, what is a good value? If I pay half as much to drink as I do to sail and sleep and eat, the Premium package is exorbitant. Other lines like MSC offer drink vouchers which cost much less per serving.

Whether it's a good deal really depends what your bar/coffee/water tab would normally be if you were paying by the glass. What the cost of the package is compared to your cruise fare is not relevant, it's just whether you can get the drink package for less than you'd normally pay for the drinks a la carte.

If MSC provides a better value, then feel free to sail them. Of course, that assumes that all other things are equal, which I'm pretty sure they are not compared to Celebrity. If it all came down to price, you probably wouldn't be on Celebrity.

If on the classic package is it possible to get a Gin and Tonic? How about a large drink?

All celebrity drinks are large in my opinion, the new list looks good to me also. Feeling happy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

All celebrity drinks are large in my opinion, the new list looks good to me also. Feeling happy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I;ve found they vary in size immensely bar to bar. My best example...

On summit, I got a vodka soda at the aft bar off the buffet whatever it's called. it was in one of those reusable blue plastic cups.

next, got one at mast bar by pool. It was in a glass that squeezed inside the cup from buffet....same price (i had no package so was paying as I went on this one). then next drink, from a temporary setup poolside par, in a disposable plastic cup, that squeezed inside the other 2, like a set of russian nesting dolls. yep, same price again....

Moral of story, get all drinks from the aft bar!

Quality can vary bar to bar as well. On Infinity, don't even think of getting a martini anywhere but at the Martini Bar. Those guys know what they're doing mixing.

Love your dog! What does he/she think about the drink package? (Have to ask this so the post is not off topic!)

She thinks Celebrity might have got away with it if it hadn't been for those meddling kids ! Now where are those Ruby snacks :D

As the OP who posted the copies of the reduced Classic Package inclusions I thought I would update you as we departed Eclipse today.

I had limited wifi so didnt see all that was being posted nor any Facebook activity however I did see that they effectively reverted to the original Classic inclusions after a few days.

I have to say this was not evident onboard at all. No one on the Classic package was aware that they had access to more items than the A4 sheet I posted despite Celebrity posting an extended list on here and as the cruise drew close to an end many still didnt know about the original truncated list of what they could order within their package which was available at Guest Relations from day one.

The list X published on here showing the knee jerk changes back to effectively what they had a couple of weeks before our cruise, whilst more inclusive, doesnt really help re cocktails. Im not a big cocktail drinker but will try some on a cruise but unless you know the name of a cocktail then the only way to know for sure what was available was to ask a barman what was available and what they contained.....not really practical. In the two weeks I didnt find a single bar menu that showed any cocktails priced within the classic package despite many being available. Unless X reprints its bar menus this is likely to cause continuing issues for passengers on the classic package.

Anyway, as I posted at the start of this thread, I had spoken with a Bar Manager and the Food and Beverage Director but to no avail. On day three we had the feedback form in our room so I filled it in saying I was unhappy they had reduced options within the classic package and that they had not resolved the problem. I got a call later that day from another Bar Manager. He again offered a free bottle of something in our rooms. I declined. He then said if we told him where we would like to have a drink he would ensure that bar would be made aware that a specific drink should be provided to us. Again I declined reiterating we just wanted access to what we had paid for and expected. So finally, after speaking to three people he gave us the premium package for no additional fee. So three days into our cruise we could access the drinks we had anticipated enjoying, plus of course some more. On balance I would have preffered just to have access to the classic package inclusions we had expected to enjoy and not have three days of hassle and dissatisfaction. Celebrity's handling of this change to the packages has been woeful but at least they have perhaps recognised it but its worrying that no one predicted that slashing the classic drinks offerings would cause such discontent.

As I posted a while back, drinks service onboard was excellent everywhere. From the buffet, to the pool bars to the MDR and we never felt like we were waiting to be served or topped up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were disappointed we could not get a drink menu for the classic package. We don't drink enough to remember more than mojoto, margarita and piña colada!

We asked a couple of bartenders for recommendations and only received one recommendation.

Glad you had a good cruise Kevin, apart from the package problem.

At least they did something for you though, we were told in no uncertain terms, that we had the reduced drinks list, end of. No offer of anything, to be fair to them though, we didn't push the point, I accepted what they said.

Maybe I should have taken it further at the time but once hubby got his Bacardi served to him he was happy. He didn't miss his whiskey too much :D

Glad you had a good cruise Kevin, apart from the package problem.

At least they did something for you though, we were told in no uncertain terms, that we had the reduced drinks list, end of. No offer of anything, to be fair to them though, we didn't push the point, I accepted what they said.

Maybe I should have taken it further at the time but once hubby got his Bacardi served to him he was happy. He didn't miss his whiskey too much :D

Hi Rubydoobydoo, yes we had a great cruise overall. The drink package issue was a pain the first few days but overall we loved Eclipse once again.

We dont like injustice hence us pushing the changes to the packages and it was hard work, calm but persistent but had they just honoured what we had expected then there would have been no issue from us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk