Onboard Eclipse Now. Big cutback in Classic Package Inclusions!

kevinyork

Just back from the Reflection,had an inclusive drinks package,the biggest change was the Becks beer is no longer included nor was draft beer ,

also they were busy changing every menu so some were at the old prices and some at the new,everyone was confused,we upgraded 1 package :)

Also the room service prices increased and all the dining prices were put up,bistro on 5 is now $7 so is the porche in fact every thing increased even cafe bacco prices :(:(

Just back from the Reflection,had an inclusive drinks package,the biggest change was the Becks beer is no longer included nor was draft beer ,

also they were busy changing every menu so some were at the old prices and some at the new,everyone was confused,we upgraded 1 package :)

Also the room service prices increased and all the dining prices were put up,bistro on 5 is now $7 so is the porche in fact every thing increased even cafe bacco prices :(:(

What room service prices? I don't remember paying anything at all for Room Service.

Do you remember how much the (already overpriced) coffees were?

Edited by chamima

What room service prices? I don't remember paying anything at all for Room Service.

For a while, maybe at least a year now, there are several room service items that now carry premium pricing or up charges. Like I think a filet mignon steak is on offer, but for charge, but a club sandwich is still no cost. Regular eggs are no charge, but crab benedict is for charge.

I also think the menu and pricing can vary from standard cabin to concierge to aqua to suites, though I can not confirm this 100%. I do know that in the Penthouse, there were still for-fee items on the menu, but not sure if there were fewer for fee versus other cabin categories or maybe the fee was smaller.

In essence they have expanded the menus, but now charge for the expanded items.

Edited by cle-guy

For a while, maybe at least a year now, there are several room service items that now carry premium pricing or up charges. Like I think a filet mignon steak is on offer, but for charge, but a club sandwich is still no cost. Regular eggs are no charge, but crab benedict is for charge.

I also think the menu and pricing can vary from standard cabin to concierge to aqua to suites, though I can not confirm this 100%. I do know that in the Penthouse, there were still for-fee items on the menu, but not sure if there were fewer for fee versus other cabin categories or maybe the fee was smaller.

In essence they have expanded the menus, but now charge for the expanded items.

Thanks!

We sail in Aqua and don't eat shellfish or meat so I probably never noticed those items.

Thanks for the information KevinYork :)

What do you suggest us Premium Beverage Package purchasers do when we find items removed from the package we expected to be included ?

We still do not know the changes that have been made since purchase and I anticipate Customer Relations will bear the brunt of complaints onboard - as well as the waiter/bar staff. Thats unfair to all concerned :mad:

KevinYork, Thankyou for bringing this issue out for the rest of us. I feel very sorry for those people onboard who did not feel able to assert themselves onboard to receive what they had paid for.

I suspect Celebrity thought we wouldn't notice it too much and maybe they could get away with it. But such is the power of a community even if it became divisive with some telling us we should just suck it up.

Thanks!

We sail in Aqua and don't eat shellfish or meat so I probably never noticed those items.

Agree with cle-guy, they're also at the tail end of the menu as I recall, so easy to block out if not interested.

Hi WpgCycler and thanks for the interest . I think that does show that I am no longer able to order Conundrum and Dry Creek Zinfandel in my Premium Package now ? Or is the Premium limit now $15 ?:confused:

No, not in my recent experience. The Premium limit has not been raised. On the 1st leg of my recent b2b, sailing 4/11, both were covered under the premium package with no additional charge. On the 2nd leg, both were several dollars more with s.c. included.

KevinYork, Thankyou for bringing this issue out for the rest of us. I feel very sorry for those people onboard who did not feel able to assert themselves onboard to receive what they had paid for.

I suspect Celebrity thought we wouldn't notice it too much and maybe they could get away with it. But such is the power of a community even if it became divisive with some telling us we should just suck it up.

Don't feel sorry for me Pushka, I fully intended to make the most of my cruise , I wasn't going to waste time complaining to someone who had no intention of doing anything. Neither did I intend to suck it up.

Slowly Slowly Catchey Monkey ;)

Don't feel sorry for me Pushka, I fully intended to make the most of my cruise , I wasn't going to waste time complaining to someone who had no intention of doing anything. Neither did I intend to suck it up.

Slowly Slowly Catchey Monkey ;)

So , its one or the other isn't it -- or pretend it never happened?

Having a wonderful cruise on board the Reflection. Having no problems at all with classic package. INMO everything is first class inc food and staff and entertainment.

Having a wonderful cruise on board the Reflection. Having no problems at all with classic package. INMO everything is first class inc food and staff and entertainment.

Couldnt be more delighted, thanks for the news.

Looking forward to July greatly

So why all the problem on the Eclipse?

I would like to say thank you to those who took the time whilst on the Eclipse to bring the drinks package problem to the forum. I don't think without you and consequently the dissatisfied members of the forum Celebrity would have changed.

We will be on the Eclipse twice this year and will follow your lead in reporting back to the forum

Thanks again

I would like to say thank you to those who took the time whilst on the Eclipse to bring the drinks package problem to the forum. I don't think without you and consequently the dissatisfied members of the forum Celebrity would have changed.

We will be on the Eclipse twice this year and will follow your lead in reporting back to the forum

Thanks again

Thanks. You are welcome. I've gained so much info from this forum it's nice to give something back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again

Perhaps due to the change to Europe with the gratuity being added to the price list and an increase in some prices lead to the creation of an incorrect "list". I suspect someone (management included) may be in serious trouble for the snafu. I know some believe that this was implemented as designed by Celebrity and Celebrity was forced to undo the change, but I believe it was a "human" error. Too bad for the people on board with the Classic package. I cannot believe that all of the drinks not on the original Eclipse list cost more than $9.20 with gratuities included.

I think it's time for us all to stop looking back at the past couple of weeks confusion and now just look forward to enjoying the classic drink package which is once again, quite robust.

Perhaps due to the change to Europe with the gratuity being added to the price list and an increase in some prices lead to the creation of an incorrect "list". I suspect someone (management included) may be in serious trouble for the snafu. I know some believe that this was implemented as designed by Celebrity and Celebrity was forced to undo the change, but I believe it was a "human" error. Too bad for the people on board with the Classic package. I cannot believe that all of the drinks not on the original Eclipse list cost more than $9.20 with gratuities included.

I think so too. The Eclipse makes adjustments when sailing out of Southampton for their mainly UK customers. All the on board pricing has the gratuities included and as another example, they put tea kettles in the cabins. I really enjoyed that on our Baltic cruise:)

However... We are still awaiting Celebrity's official word on what changes have been made to the Premium package. Holders of the classic package have had their questions answered but those of us who paid to upgrade to the premium package are still in the dark.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thank you Broch, glad you're enjoying your cruise and for taking the time to rub it in:D

Just received this in reply to my email asking for clarification as to What is included on Eclipse sailing out of Southampton on 7 September.

Here is the reply .....

Thank you for your email.

With our Classic beverage package, it will include: unlimited sodas (canned or fountain), juices (bottled or fresh squeezed), premium coffee's (latte' cappuccino's, espresso, etc.), non premium bottled water, beer up to $6.00 per serving & wine/cocktails/mixed drinks up to $8.00 per serving. Also, if a bottle of wine is purchased you will receive a 15% savings off the bottle. Should you order a beverage that costs more than the covered $6.00 or $8.00 amount, that drink would not be covered by the package a would be charged separately (and seperate gratuity charged) to your onboard expense account.

The Premium package will include: unlimited sodas (canned or fountain), juices (bottled or fresh squeezed), premium coffee's (latte' cappuccino's, espresso, etc.), specialty coffee's, premium bottled water, smoothies, energy drinks, vitamin water, then beer/wine/cocktails/mixed drinks all up to $13.00 per serving. Also, if a bottle of wine is purchased you will receive a 20% savings off the bottle. Should you order a beverage that costs more than the $13.00 covered amount, only the difference in price + 15% gratuity would be charged to your onboard expense account. For example, a $15.00 cocktail would cost you $2.00 + .30 cents gratuity would be charged.

When the Classic or Premium beverage package is purchased there is a 15% gratuity that is added at check out. The gratuity is charged off the package price, not per individual drink that is ordered. The exception to this is, if a drinks is not covered by the package.

Sincerely,

Sonja Emerson

Customer Service Representative

Hello!

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Except this is the OLD explanation of the packages. Now the classic package includes glasses of wine up to $9. Celebrity said a week and a half ago they were working on the premium package but we haven't seen anything.

Except this is the OLD explanation of the packages. Now the classic package includes glasses of wine up to $9. Celebrity said a week and a half ago they were working on the premium package but we haven't seen anything.

Exactly! :confused:

Well , good news came for the Classic Package update --- fantastic for them .Its continuing to be a sore point for all us who paid the upgrade and have had the goal posts moved afterwards. I realize Celebrity have said they will update the Premium list - but hollow words and disgruntled cruise passengers will make for complaint onboard and afterwards for sure - just as the Classic Package did..