New AQ Benefit -- Embarkation Brunch in Blu?

panmalv

We did a B2B on Summit last month. The AQ brunch in Blu was not being offered yet on our embarkation day. However, as is our usual practice, we went to Bistro. We were told Bistro was reserved until 1 pm, serving lunch to the B2B pax and we would have to wait. However, the manager came over to us where we were seated in Cafe al Bacio waiting, and said they would accommodate our party of 10, which they did very nicely. A week later, when our turnaround day came, we were issued tickets for lunch in Bistro.

Just a heads up for those counting on having lunch in Bistro on embarkation day, it may not be available to you.

Doris

one of the exciting parts of cruising with Celebrity (and this is NOT a negative comment) is their inconsistency. You just never know what the ships will think up and implement. Sometimes they make some great changes, sometimes they don't work quite so well in action as they may have looked on paper....but it makes each cruise a little bit of adventure.

Part of the reason the buffet is so crowded on embarkation day is that, because the cabins aren't ready, a lot of people just sit after they finish eating since they don't have anywhere else to go (some explore the ship, etc., but many don't).

I wonder how they will handle that in the much smaller Blu venue.

Part of the reason the buffet is so crowded on embarkation day is that, because the cabins aren't ready, a lot of people just sit after they finish eating since they don't have anywhere else to go (some explore the ship, etc., but many don't).

Late comers go to the Tuscan Grill ;)

Here's the image that was included in the other thread.

attachment.php?attachmentid=312792&d=1400170960

It blew up much better when I read it on my Smartphone so I was able to figure out some of it. It looks like

Appetizers:

Can't figure out the first one, maybe polenta?

House cured citrus salmon

Green lentil soup

Waldorf salad

Entrees:

Eggs Benedict

Vanilla pancakes

Confit duck leg salad (? not positive about it being salad)

Five spice crusted tuna

Cheese tart

Some sort of strip loin

Desserts:

Warm chocolate pudding

Lemon tart

I'm going to be on Summit next month and just upgraded to AQ this week when the price dropped. I was planning on doing Bistro for lunch when we got on board but now we'll definitely do Blu instead.

Yay...something new to cheer about.....Modern Luxury !

Where are all the posters that have been yelling that Celebrity has turned into a class system, because of the suite perks. Now, all of a sudden perks for Aqua class are okay? They could have opened up the brunch to all as a first come, first served restaurant.

I personally think it is great, just as I feel the suite perks are great, because it will give the Aqua class guests a great brunch and will open up seats for other passengers in the buffet.

Like :):)

Just a heads up for those counting on having lunch in Bistro on embarkation day, it may not be available to you.

Given how many people have been going to Bistro on embarkation, that sounds like it's not something that is being done fleet-wide. Of course, both that and this new Blu for brunch are Summit, so maybe management there is trying new things.

Maybe they'll start getting AQ cabins ready early and then they can announce it in Blu so people can go to their cabins before everyone else. Thus people won't linger as long. Nice thought, anyway.

What percentage of AQ guests actually eat in Blu? Is it close to 100% What's the percentage of tables to guests? Do they have to turn over each table more than once to fit everyone during dinner?

Maybe they'll start getting AQ cabins ready early and then they can announce it in Blu so people can go to their cabins before everyone else. Thus people won't linger as long. Nice thought, anyway.

What percentage of AQ guests actually eat in Blu? Is it close to 100% What's the percentage of tables to guests? Do they have to turn over each table more than once to fit everyone during dinner?

On the Reflection...too many Aqua class guests and not enough seats in Blu. The first night is assingned seating time.

I have to disagree...use to be the buffet AND the MDR was open when you first arrived. They have since closed the MDR and AquaSpa dining when boarding.

I have to disagree...use to be the buffet AND the MDR was open when you first arrived. They have since closed the MDR and AquaSpa dining when boarding.

Not sure what you are disagreeing with - I said the buffet is very crowded because a lot of people continue to sit and chat after eating. Even if another venue is open, they will sit and chat there, too, because the cabins are not ready.

There's a reason there are two seatings at dinner - not enough room for everyone all at the same time, which often happens between 11-1 on embarkation day.

I wonder why Celebrity Cruises is not posting here whether or not this is a fleet wide policy......or perhaps it REALLY is only Summit doing it and he/she does not want to be the one to tell us that knowing the reaction will not be pleasant......come on X...tell us if this is fleet wide or not.....:confused:

I wonder why Celebrity Cruises is not posting here whether or not this is a fleet wide policy......or perhaps it REALLY is only Summit doing it and he/she does not want to be the one to tell us that knowing the reaction will not be pleasant......come on X...tell us if this is fleet wide or not.....:confused:

This began a couple of weeks ago, and we've only had reports from the Summit so far, so it looks like they've only tried it twice. Let's give them a chance to test it out, and give them positive feedback on a great idea!:)

On the Reflection...too many Aqua class guests and not enough seats in Blu. The first night is assingned seating time.

To my understanding on first night it is recommended time. So not assigned.

It's not really assigned. Just a suggestion. You can still go any time that works for you.

The Aqua Spa Cafe is open on embarkation day. That's where we have always eaten. It closes early (like 1:30 ish :confused: ) so maybe you just got there too late.

The Aqua Spa Cafe is open on embarkation day. That's where we have always eaten. It closes early (like 1:30 ish :confused: ) so maybe you just got there too late.

Good to know. Everyone on CC talks about Bistro on 5; I wasn't sure if the Aqua Spa Cafe would be open. Thanks for the clarification on closing early as well.:)

Sailing on Infinity in October and booked an Aqua cabin and wondering:

Is Aqua Café complimentary or are there charges?

Is the pool grill open on embarkation day?

Is access to Blu for brunch currently on the Summit going to be available on all ships.

Does anyone know if there are any confirmed changes or deletions to Aqua perks on future cruises.

Thanks

Aqua Spa Cafe is for all guests with a fee like Bistro in 5

Grill is open on embarkation day

Summit is the only reported embarkation brunch siting as of yet

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aqua Spa Cafe' has some items that carry a fee and some that don't.

Mast Grill is open.

Thanks for the quick and informative replies would like a few more answers, please!

What items don't have a fee at the Aqua Spa Café?

Does the Mast Grill serve anything beside hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza?

Is there a Mast Grill menu available online?

Edited by shoesonfire

AQ passengers would be in Blu and CS and above can go to Michaels for embarkation. That leaves all Sky suite guests out. Seems strange they would have to go to the Buffet when they have paid more. I know Bistro on 5 is the other option.

What items don't have a fee at the Aqua Spa Café?

Does the Mast Grill serve anything beside hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza?

Is there a Mast Grill menu available online?

The Aqua Spa Cafe question is better asked as what items DO have a fee. I think it's generally the drinks. The whole buffet and food that you can as them to prepare for you (like salmon at lunch) is free.

I didn't think that the Mast Grill has pizza. Just hamburgers and hot dogs and associated things like fries and salads. Nor do I think it has a menu, just whatever is out.

Edited by MisterBill99