Just Back from Statendam 29 Day Hawaii and South Pacific

ricki

I want to compliment the crew, staff and officers on the Statendam. We received excellent service from our room stewards, Jazz and Wayu, our dining room waitstaff, Wira and Sukma, and many, many crew around the ship. Ronald of the Bar Staff, and Jessica and Jonathan in The Mix worked very, very hard to make certain everyone was served promptly. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and the officers were visible and cordial. Alex Raven, the Cruise Director, did an outstanding job--he's personable, friendly and appeared to be everywhere! Jeremy, of the entertainment staff, had an excellent way with all age groups and was humorous and energetic. Captain Smit was approachable and cordial as was Hotel Director, Bert.

We found the ship to be in clean and in great shape.

I highly recommend this itinerary for beautiful and unique scenery.

Ricki

Thanks for letting us know about the cruise and especially the personnel. The captain and the cruise director are so important to the quality of the cruise and it sounds like a wonderful team on the Statendam.

Another thank you for letting us know about the ship. We will be on her in Nov.:)

We did the Hawaii/So. Pacific iten. a couple of years ago aboard the Rotterdam and would love to repeat it aboard any of the DAM ships.:D

Thanks for the information and very happy that you had such a good experience. DW and I are looking at that itinerary but she's worried about rough seas. Can you tell us how those long stretches were?

Thanks for the information and very happy that you had such a good experience. DW and I are looking at that itinerary but she's worried about rough seas. Can you tell us how those long stretches were?

We had only three days of what Captain Smit called "rather rough seas," the first day out of San Diego, the day before Fanning Island, and the third from the last day. Eight days had moderate seas. (My information comes from the Cruise Log.) The seas were calm the rest of the time. Even when the seas were "rather rough," it wasn't bad at all. The Lower Promenade Deck was open for walking, no activities were canceled or changed and the dining room was full. Please tell your DW not to be concerned. It's too lovely an itinerary to be missed. She can always take sea sickness medication if she is concerned.

Thanks everyone, for your good wishes. Roy, I feel confident you will enjoy yourself.

Ricki

We are considering this cruise for 2016, the itineraries aren't out yet. May I ask what category cabin you selected and if the storage was sufficient (this girl has to have lots of choices). Thank you!

We are considering this cruise for 2016, the itineraries aren't out yet. May I ask what category cabin you selected and if the storage was sufficient (this girl has to have lots of choices). Thank you!

We were in a category E on Lower Promenade. It was a great, convenient location. There was plenty of storage with a wall of closets with 4 doors and shelves that can be lifted up or down to create more hanging space.

Ricki

Thank you for the ship review! DH and I will be cruising on her the end of Aug! I was worried about an older ship, but from your post, it's more the staff than the ship to make the cruise enjoyable!

It is an older ship, but it is very well maintained, and the staff and crew were wonderful. I'm sure you will have a terrific experience.

Ricki

We were in a category E on Lower Promenade. It was a great, convenient location. There was plenty of storage with a wall of closets with 4 doors and shelves that can be lifted up or down to create more hanging space.

Ricki

Thank you for getting back to me.

I want to compliment the crew, staff and officers on the Statendam. We received excellent service from our room stewards, Jazz and Wayu, our dining room waitstaff, Wira and Sukma, and many, many crew around the ship. Ronald of the Bar Staff, and Jessica and Jonathan in The Mix worked very, very hard to make certain everyone was served promptly. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and the officers were visible and cordial. Alex Raven, the Cruise Director, did an outstanding job--he's personable, friendly and appeared to be everywhere! Jeremy, of the entertainment staff, had an excellent way with all age groups and was humorous and energetic. Captain Smit was approachable and cordial as was Hotel Director, Bert.

We found the ship to be in clean and in great shape.

I highly recommend this itinerary for beautiful and unique scenery.

Ricki

Ricki, thank you for your kind words about the Captain, crew and ship. I'll be sailing on the Statendam to Alaska at the end of June for 14 days:) This itinerary is on my bucket list for 2015.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great time.

Your thanks to the staff says it all IMO:)

very, very nice.

If you recall, did the internet packages change on your cruise? I'm just curious if they are still by minutes or hours. Thanks so much.