LIVE from Regal's Inaugaral Cruise

Av8tor

We were on the Royal TA this year, no charge in Alfredos and no charge for mixers. Seems they are charging differently on some of the ships. A bit confusing for folks! We also had breakfast delivered twice without any charge.

It's a shame that there is now a $10.00 cover charge for Alfredo's. While I'm a little upset about it, I remember the number of times DW and I enjoyed the expanded venue on the Royal. Each time we dined, I would say to Holli; "I wonder how long it will take Princess to start charging for this venue." I kinda had a feeling that it might change with the Regal.....:(:(:(

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

It's a shame that there is now a $10.00 cover charge for Alfredo's. While I'm a little upset about it, I remember the number of times DW and I enjoyed the expanded venue on the Royal. Each time we dined, I would say to Holli; "I wonder how long it will take Princess to start charging for this venue." I kinda had a feeling that it might change with the Regal.....:(:(:(

Bob

Next time you might want to whisper that kind of rhetorical question. Apparently, the walls have ears . . .

the princess moderator responsed on facebook

there is currently a $10 charge for Alfredo's and a $3 charge for room service onboard Regal Princess. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused

Edited by rkmw

Emailed Princess letting them know how I feel about the way they have implemented their new policy. It is their right to change policy but it is extremely unethical to spring this on unsuspecting cruisers - on board currently and those who are booked with them. I can not believe they would be so cavalier about paying customers. The whole approach is wrong. What happened to expectation mgt? We book on certain terms and expect those. When that changes, we ought to be informed at the very least otherwise there's a whole mass of resentful customers. Also Why not be a bit more elegant and just increase the over all cruise cost ???

What a joke, $3 pp for room service for breakfast AND for a fruit bowl? It is laughable, especially since You don't even get a full breakfast

Merely a continental. OMG, that is just plain cheap, Princess

Ad $10 pp to eat lunch at the pizzeria? Nope. I won't do it then.

I emailed Princess as well that this is crazy. First it was the Sanctuary and the prices on that seem to keep going up, now room service and Alfredo's....what is next a cover charge to go and watch the shows in the theatre a fee for IC, a fee for the grill or pool pizza.... I mean come on. We are set to be on the Regal next year and will keep my eyes out to see if these charges stay on or are temporary for the first cruises for some reason. Hopefully our emails will be heard like they heard us on the aft pool on Regal and the closed off promenade deck. DH and I don't drink, I can't so the fee at Alfredo's for the food is crazy for us and will no longer be an option. I stated I liked the fact that this was another option other than buffet to have a nice seated meal and not have to dress for dinner if you came back from a late day in port or just didn't feel like getting done up for dinner. We usually do MDR 1st seating but sometimes after a long port day we just want to sit in the outfit we wore off ship and eat some food which is what we loved about Alfredo's. :(:(

the princess moderator responsed on facebook

there is currently a $10 charge for Alfredo's and a $3 charge for room service onboard Regal Princess. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused

Because Royal's initial reviews weren't low enough, how low can we go this time! Idiots

First, let me offer a collective apology to Av8tor for Hi-Jacking the thread with the uproar regarding the new charges on the Regal.

Here is the typical corporate response to the furor on FB....

"There is currently a $10 cover charge for Alfredo's and a $3 fee for room service onboard Regal Princess exclusively."

So it is not fleet wide-yet.

Paul

without wasting too much time on this, would you be able to give an idea of breakfast venue options (opening times and a broad idea of menu)? I would trust your observations way more than a princess website - Given their inability to even update basic info. Also was wondering about price of a soda/cocktail/glass of wine bought on their own (minus any card). And which dining venues allow me to drink my own wine (with corkage fee of course)? Have a fabulous cruise and many thanks

Parul

And with a coffee card , I understand there's unlimited brewed coffee . Where can I get that other than IC? For ex would it be available at princess live cafe or in the MDRs or any of the bars or restaurants?

And with a coffee card , I understand there's unlimited brewed coffee . Where can I get that other than IC? For ex would it be available at princess live cafe or in the MDRs or any of the bars or restaurants?

Princess Live is a studio; no bar inside. There is one right outside the entrance, but not sure whether or not they were doing coffee there. (Royal)

Princess Live is a studio; no bar inside. There is one right outside the entrance, but not sure whether or not they were doing coffee there. (Royal)

There were doing coffee there in the morning and at certain times during the day, when on the Royal in November.

There were doing coffee there in the morning and at certain times during the day, when on the Royal in November.

Which is why I said I didn't know. I drink enough coffee during the day, so when we went to the studio at night, it was way past caffeine time. Thanks for the info.

I have sent out my email with my concerns and I have posted the email address on my fan page so others can also send one.

Will let you know if I hear anything.

Vickie

I emailed and posted on FB. We are booked June 2 with our kids. I told them they could order room service everyday and eat pizza at Alredos every day. I guess this trip will now be a bit more expensive!

This is my first Princess cruise, and needless to say, I am not that impressed so far. I have cruised on Regents, Celebrity, Holland America, RC, Norwegian and Carnival. The only line I won't use again is Carnival. I hope I don't have to add Princess!

Asked on a Royal live thread if they were doing this on the Royal and this is the reply:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasha'smom

Loved your thread Gwen, thanks so much for taking us along. I just read on the Regal thread they are now charging $10.00 for Alfredo's and $3.00 for room service. Did they do that on your Voyage? It was free last year when we sailed on the Royal.

That stinks! I enjoyed Alfredo's every sea day and there was no extra charge. That is such a shame they are charging extra for it on the Regal.

There was a charge for pizza delivery to your stateroom but room service was free (always tipped $5 tho).

I emailed and posted on FB. We are booked June 2 with our kids. I told them they could order room service everyday and eat pizza at Alredos every day. I guess this trip will now be a bit more expensive!

This is my first Princess cruise, and needless to say, I am not that impressed so far. I have cruised on Regents, Celebrity, Holland America, RC, Norwegian and Carnival. The only line I won't use again is Carnival. I hope I don't have to add Princess!

Pizza is still available every day, for free, on the Lido Deck. I enjoy this Pizza more than Alfredo's. It tastes different. However, I really enjoyed Alfredo's on the Royal for the other specialty dishes they served, the ambiance, and having an additional venue to eat in. It's truly wonderful. I agree, this whole thing stinks! And a charge for room service? Ridiculous. If they are going to charge for room service, at least give us a full menu of hot dishes to choose from.:mad:

I am very upset about the new charge for Alfredo's! My husband usually orders a glass of wine there anyway, but I used my UKP so will be stuck with a $10 fee. This was a top venue for us, but now we will only go maybe once during the cruise. :-(

And the room service charge for anything, that's going to suck when we want our elite complimentary afternoon tea service on the balcony! They give you a benefit, but then charge you to receive it? And what about the elite canapés on formal night; will we now be charged for that delivery, too??

I hope Princess ends this madness before our 6/2 Regal cruise!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app