Website -Scream

When I was talking to Captains Club yesterday they said the website has issues with IE but works much better with Chrome (which I use with no problems other than the regular weekend "maintenance")

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I find what they told you to be interesting but not good for customers. No way will I install Chrome or any other browser (I use IE) just for one web site.

Other companies don't have these problems (oh yea, Royal's web site is just as bed).

I find what they told you to be interesting but not good for customers. No way will I install Chrome or any other browser (I use IE) just for one web site.

Other companies don't have these problems (oh yea, Royal's web site is just as bed).

What is so bad about installing another browser? You do not have to use it unless absolutely necessary. It will not take over your computer.

DON

This is a post by boogs from the thread "Celebrity Website Changes"

"Same here using Google Chrome. I see everything - all excursions, the beverage package, who my traveling companions are, and the full calendar with all purchased excursions, restaurant reservations and other products listed at the appropriate dates. Everything is working perfectly. I have never had a problem accessing any of my reservations over the years. Perhaps it's because I dumped IE years ago that I have never had a problem since with Celebrity's site, or any other for that matter. IE is a mess and always has been. I never seem to experience any of the problems that people endlessly complain about with Google Chrome.

If you are having problems, try clearing out your browsing history. Some browsers, especially IE, have a tendency to take shortcuts by loading an old website access link stored in your browsing history instead of searching for the newest link. If the website had a problem when you last attempted to access it, it could still appear to have a problem because the browser is using the old access link instead of attempting a new link. Clearing your web browsing history will force your browser to search for the newest link."

I am using Safari on my iPad, but I'll try another browser to see if that makes a difference.

On 'my cruises', after logging in, it appears they have reduced the number of options and have put several under 'cruise planner' e.g. tours, beverage packages etc. I've just found the shore excursions under this heading. This may be the same for you :confused:?

We recently installed Firefox for other reasons but maybe it will help with the X website as well.....sorry the website issues seem to never end!

I hope you have better success than I have with Firefox for Celebrity!!

I have the same problems trying IE or Firefox!

Nope. Tried puffin and couldn't even get to the homepage. Traveling right now so I don't have acces to my laptop.

X website works no better on an MBP either. Sad, very sad. Got out the old Toshiba and tried Mozilla Firefox - not any better. Obviously, their IT function comes up short.

I can't get Celebrity on IE either, so I use Chrome. Never had a problem with Chrome. By the way, I've never had a problem with RC on IE except on weekends, especially 2 weeks ago when their site crashed until about 2P M.

I exclusively use Google Chrome and have *never* had an issue on the Celebrity website, which I have visited *very* frequently for years :p

IMO Chrome is significantly better across the board than Internet Explorer, and I highly recommend it to all of you! Not just for the X website, but for everything.

What is so bad about installing another browser? You do not have to use it unless absolutely necessary. It will not take over your computer.

DON

You are right. Nothing bad about it but I just don't want multiple browsers depending on what web sites I want to use. I'm happy with IE (as are a lot of people) and want to stay with it. That's all.

I was having this same problem for several days - both IE and Firefox and Safari. Finally cleared all the history and cookies and now it works - I think that might have been part of the new changes and the problems. It triggered me to log-in from scratch. All the info was there including the excursions. Might work for some - give it a try.

Actually it's a good idea to have more than one browser installed on your computer. Then when something goes wrong (and it always does eventually) you will have an alternate means to access the internet.

I use Chrome as my regular browser, but I also have IE and Firefox installed on my computer.

P.S. Using Chrome hasn't prevented me from having problems with the Celebrity website.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

Do you know a travel agent? They use a different search engine.

I talked to my TA about the Celebrity reservation system. He said that they actually have 5 different reservation systems that do not talk to each other. Some of them are only accessible to Celebrity; some only to TAs and some to the general public. No wonder they are so messed up.

DON

Ok so today I checked the X website. Good news! It says special rates on Europe sailings for Tri State residents. HOWEVER, when you try to check it out you get the Sorry, under maintenance message. Grrrr.

After many cruises on different lines, utilizing online booking, etc. I conclude that X's website sucks and is the worst of all.

It ain't that hard!

I just installed chrome as suggested, cleaned the history. Not one thing has changed on the Celebrity web site. I'm sign in and I get to a page and it tells me to sign in again then sends me back to the beginning. The pre cruise planner will show me the itinerary but won't let me go anywhere else.

I just installed chrome as suggested, cleaned the history. Not one thing has changed on the Celebrity web site. I'm sign in and I get to a page and it tells me to sign in again then sends me back to the beginning. The pre cruise planner will show me the itinerary but won't let me go anywhere else.

I'm not a big Chrome fan - my preference is Firefox. I've had very few problems with it.

Actually it's a good idea to have more than one browser installed on your computer. Then when something goes wrong (and it always does eventually) you will have an alternate means to access the internet.

I use Chrome as my regular browser, but I also have IE and Firefox installed on my computer.

P.S. Using Chrome hasn't prevented me from having problems with the Celebrity website.

Like I said I can't argue with you on having a backup - so to speak. My issues are with the web site itself. I worked in IT over 45 years (starting in 1968) and if we would have ever rolled out as much crap code as Celebrity we would have been walked out the door long ago. I guess they are getting what they are willing to pay for. At least it gives us something to talk about. :)