New sale has started;not impressed

I have been keeping an eye on the oasis sailing December 6th this year which is one of the cheapest weeks to cruise.

The prices were raised i think on Friday and now with the discount it is back down to the price it was before they raised it.

Seems like smoke and mirrors to me.

Bill

I basically agree with you; have watched prices ratchet up a lot ahead of this sale.

Question for you re: 12/6 Oasis - Are you a senior? While almost every category has gone up on the ship, D1 Balconys and JS's are at an all time low for Senior pricing on that sailing. Every single other category and fare is at all time high for that sailing. Weird

I basically agree with you; have watched prices ratchet up a lot ahead of this sale.

Question for you re: 12/6 Oasis - Are you a senior? While almost every category has gone up on the ship, D1 Balconys and JS's are at an all time low for Senior pricing on that sailing. Every single other category and fare is at all time high for that sailing. Weird

I am a senior but I am keeping an eye on this cruise for my son. I am on the Oasis the week of of 11/29/14

Bill

Wow on yours 11/29 cruise a Cat M inside was $620 right around New Years and has gone up and up and up, it is now $1400. What the heck?????

I got a B1 back in January for $1656. there are no B1's left and the B2's are $3055 now.

Good thing I booked back then or i wouldn't have given this cruise a second look.:)

Bill

When they started the BOGO sale for 2015 sailings I was able to save @ $1,400 on my bookings I already had for 2015.

When I just checked this new BOGO sale for my November 2014 cruise, the price is up about 75% (even with the sale) from what it was just last month. There may be some deals with this sale, but not on my cruise.

Yesterday's price on Grandeur Cat L 12/9 10 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise‏:

Stateroom Total $1,533.32 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $659.00 $659.00

Taxes, fees : $107.66 $107.66

Per PersonTotal: $766.66 $766.66

Today's sale price is $16 higher

Stateroom Total $1,549.32 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $889.00 $889.00

Taxes, fees : $108.16 $108.16

BOGOHO Discount: $0.00 ($445.00)

Total: $997.16 $552.16

I am a senior but I am keeping an eye on this cruise for my son. I am on the Oasis the week of of 11/29/14

Bill

We are on the FOS same week which also is historically one of the low weeks. We booked a balcony at $799 person per and that category before today's deal was $1199. YIKES!!!!

If these BOGOHO sales ever end I wonder if we will see the good pricing between Thanksgiving and Christmas or if so many have booked and prices will remain high. Only time will tell:rolleyes:

We planned our Oasis cruise totally around what Eastern week was least expensive. We originally booked 11/29, but were able to move from a JS to a GS for very little money by switching to 11/15, and that week worked better with our schedule too. The thing that made it so affordable was a Texas residency discount that was unlike anything I've ever seen, and it's mostly gone now. We saved about $1,000 per person!:eek: Maybe something like that will come along again for less popular sailings. Good luck!

One's opinion, but the basic of economics --supply & demand--took over. As more Pax took advantage of the sale, less cabins were/are available, ergo higher prices. I took advantage of the old idiom "early birds takes the worm." When the sale opened up, I was able to snatch a C1 category on Oasis cruising in Feb.'16 for less than $800 per. Total savings of $300+ plus OBC's and dinner for 2.

My reservation for three went down a total of $115 with the new sale. Just emailed my TA. Only hiccup I can think of is the Future Cruise Certificates I applied to this cruise. As long as they reapply those, I should be good to go!! Never asked him to do a price drop before, so this may help me decide whether to keep using him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Kcruiser2014

My reservation for three went down a total of $115 with the new sale. Just emailed my TA. Only hiccup I can think of is the Future Cruise Certificates I applied to this cruise. As long as they reapply those, I should be good to go!! Never asked him to do a price drop before, so this may help me decide whether to keep using him.

If you mean a Next Cruise certificates, it should be no problem to have those re-applied.

My booked cruise price jumped up, and then went down (I assume for this new sale). But, it's still higher than when we booked.

I think (my opinion - I did not do any data mining), that last BOGOHO sale combined with the WOW (reduced deposit + OBC) was a decent deal, and will be hard to replicate - not all sales will be in that ballpark - but again, it will all be driven by supply & demand.

If you mean a Next Cruise certificates, it should be no problem to have those re-applied.

Used mine on the Oasis booking with no problem. As a matter of fact (?), my TA applied it to the deposit.

We had Enchantment booked for 10/10 in a JS (booked last year @ $569/pp). Checked it yesterday because the sale was starting today, and it was still $569. Just checked and with the "sale" it now works out to $616.50/pp.

Definitely not a sale for us :(

I just paid $539 total to upgrade to a JS for both weeks of our B2B on FOS.

It was more than I was hoping to pay after reading about great upgrade deals a lot of you have gotten, but since we were able to stay in the same cabin for both weeks, I did it. I was afraid if I took time to think about it, I'd lose the room.

I'm considering it a treat for my husband and I. We've had a rough year.

WOW sale on web shows for Aug, but when I punch in Oct date it gives the sale.

Price with the sale is about the same as when I booked in early March. As S S ocean lover said Smoke and mirrors.

Was the first price then 50% off second comes out to the original prices.

I just paid $539 total to upgrade to a JS for both weeks of our B2B on FOS.

It was more than I was hoping to pay after reading about great upgrade deals a lot of you have gotten, but since we were able to stay in the same cabin for both weeks, I did it. I was afraid if I took time to think about it, I'd lose the room.

I'm considering it a treat for my husband and I. We've had a rough year.

That's a good deal IMO. I was hoping to upgrade to a D1 from B2 but it would be $941 more and that is TOO MUCH .... IMO. Guess we will stay where we are unless the price drops significantly after final payment.

I booked Nov 11 Grandeur out of Baltimore ,outside Cabin 919 a person with 100 off promotion bringing the price down to 869. This morning the same cabin was listed 929 .I called and however they did the math the cruise price went down $395 .My old total was $2091 new $ 1696

.......Frank:)

Edited by DC2OC

I booked Nov 11 Grandeur out of Baltimore ,outside Cabin 919 a person with 100 off promotion bringing the price down to 869. This morning the same cabin was listed 929 .I called and however they did the math the cruise price went down $395 .My old total was $2091 new $ 1696

.......Frank:)

Congrats!!! Glad someone here got to take advantage of it!!

Not a good deal. I was looking at FOS for November- over $1K per person for an inside cabin!?!! No thanks. I'll stick with my kids sail free on NCL where I can get a balcony for less than $800.

I agree. This sale no way mirrors the 2015/2016 sale. It is very similiar to the kids sale free promotion they had a while back where all of the rooms that held 3 or 4 were higher.

For example:

Allure 9/14/2014

B1 for 2 people is 1221.00 per person when needing a 2 person room.

B1 for 4 people jumps up to 1629.00 per person for pass 1 and 2 when needing a 4 person room.

So in essence if you need that 4 person room you are paying an additional 400.00 pp. for passengers 3 and 4.