Keep a wary eye on your Onboard Account

foster269

We returned last Saturday from a very enjoyable cruise to the Baltic aboard Celebrity Eclipse,our first with this line.

A slight taste alas lingers.On our first evening on boardnwe rather foolishly drank the bottle of water left in the state room.

This had a rather large price of 6 dollars.But we drank it and of course would pay.

The following day our on board account was charged $10.50 ?.

That same evening in the Ensemble bar we ordered a bottle of beer, for the working class boy, and a Pinot Grijo,sorry cant spell it,for my wife.

The beer arrived with a glass of something sparkling,not Pinot thingy.This was taken away and replaced with the correct drink.

The on board account was checked again and we had been charged $10.50 for the wrong drink.

We were on a drinks package.

A visit to the desk and man said he would remove the excess water bottle charge and the $10.50 wrong drink.Did it come off.did it heck.

On a return visit I was told the water was a housekeepings problem and would be sorted by them but they appologised and removed the wrong drink.

Did housekeeping removed the questionable water,did they heck.Yet another visit,eventually success.

When we were about to dissembark on Saturday morning,very early,we decided to check the account.

What a suprise we had had been charge another water and a can of Coke from the Fridge.

A call and we were assurd this mistake would be remedied.

Guess what appeared on our bank statement today.Oh yes minus lots of dollars.

Sorry to drone on.

Rodger.

I'm more than sure they know exactly what they are doing as it seems to happen a little too often! :mad:

Law of averages dictate they will get away with some and the ones that don't notice go along to increasing celebrity's bottom line! :rolleyes:

We have everything removed from fridge..no way for slip ups on charges...

we hoard our free AQ water which gets replaced and move pay for btls away...

essential to check acct posts once a day on the tv...

hope cruise itself was enjoyed anyhow

I think that they get everyone with that water thing at least once. We found out that they charged for it even in AQ!

We now do what hcat does and have the minibar cleared out to avoid any confusion in the room, but there still are mistakes sometimes with the bar tab. We check our onboard account at least every other day so we can catch things early.

I think that they get everyone with that water thing at least once. We found out that they charged for it even in AQ!

We now do what hcat does and have the minibar cleared out to avoid any confusion in the room, but there still are mistakes sometimes with the bar tab. We check our onboard account at least every other day so we can catch things early.

On our last cruise they told us they could no longer remove everything from the mini bar, and we never really keep track as we have always paid as you go...and yes, it was prob smarter to get the premium package. :)

Edited by 20pluscruises

We just got off Summit and alas final day said one amount. Credit to bank said another. Called and was told we had a soda out of the fridge. DH said he had a soda off counter which was included with the complimentary set up in the suite. Go figure! Funny though fridge was locked evening before departure. I considered complaining but for petes sake the time on the phone isn't worth the soda.:confused:Celebrity also did not deliver TA "Bon Voyage gift" Promised TA they would personally contact us.....still waiting. Also never was advised about CC meet and mingle, nor the cabin crawl which I signed cabin up for nor the seminar on Bermuda. Someone slipping on Summit! But goto say still had great time.

Edited by junetraveler2014

. Also never was advised about CC meet and mingle, nor the cabin crawl which I signed cabin up for nor the seminar on Bermuda. Someone slipping on Summit! But goto say still had great time.

For the record Celebrity has nothing to do with Cabin Crawls - only someone on a Cruise Critic Roll Call does - an individual like yourself plans and organizes it and send out the proper invite, often just by posting last minute ion the Cruise Critic Roll Call, though some do send out personalized invitations, if you let the organizer know your cabin number via the roll call. Bermuda Seminars if led by Celebrity (and not by someone in a Cruise Critic Roll Call) are announced in the Dailies, and on the TV advertising channel over and over again, there is no personal invite to those.

CC Meet and Mingle, assuming you signed up for it properly, Celebrity SHOULD have sent an invitation. However I have read in these forums that there are lots of issues with that automated sign up form, and at some point all those signed up had their signups removed completely, requiring folks to re-register, however no one would really know they had lost their registration unless they out of habit tried to reregister for the sake of it to be sure they were registered (and really, not many would do this...).

Agree with Cle-guy about the Connection Party and privately arranged activities. But, If you register for the CC party & don't get an invitation in your state room just go to guest relations the day you board and they can give you the information on the meeting time and place.

Mary Lou

.......no one would really know they had lost their registration unless they out of habit tried to reregister for the sake of it to be sure they were registered (and really, not many would do this...).

FWIW you can't check right now because the connections thing is still down..... a few cruises ago I never got my invite.... :(

We were on a drinks package.

BTW

Water in the cabin ( mini bar) is NOT part of the package, at least not the Classic one, as it is Evian and more expensive.

We asked our cabin steward not to replace it and we then had to go to any bar on the ship to collect cheaper bottled water. However towards the end of our TA on Infinity we were issued with Evian as they ran out of the cheaper variety!;)

Edited by upwarduk

We had two cabins on Eclipse in May, both had charges appear despite having the Premium package. We had a beer charged at the pool bar but my Mum and Sister next door had two charges of $37.50 charged for wine in the MDR. The wine waiters didnt ask for our cards after the first few nights and I assume they mixed up card numbers when putting a charge through.

We got the charges removed but presumably someone else escaped being charged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guess what appeared on our bank statement today.Oh yes minus lots of dollars.

Sorry to drone on.

Rodger.

Rodger

Write to Celebrity in the UK [i find snail-mail works best] and explain the situation, politely. I have found that they will rectify the error on your final account without any fuss, even when it is a really small amount.

On-board account errors are common but I do not believe that they are deliberate [as one poster suggested]. When you consider the number of transactions made each cruise, I am sure that it is human error by busy crew.

Guest Relations do not need the extra work that would be caused by deliberate mis-charging. In fact, we often find account errors in our favour [which we do point our to the individual who made the error rather than reporting them to Guest Relations].

I'm more than sure they know exactly what they are doing as it seems to happen a little too often! :mad:

Law of averages dictate they will get away with some and the ones that don't notice go along to increasing celebrity's bottom line! :rolleyes:

And here come the conspiracy theorists, tossing in their paranoid comments that provide absolutely zero value to a discussion.

You people must have a real difficult time making it through a single day considering you think everybody is out to get you. :rolleyes:

Can I ask here then rather than starting a new thread. I'm sailing CC class in August. Will I be left water in the cabin?? If so and I drink it will I be charged? Is this water located in mini bar? (I'm aware I will have yo pay for mini bar items)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Can I ask here then rather than starting a new thread. I'm sailing CC class in August. Will I be left water in the cabin?? If so and I drink it will I be charged? Is this water located in mini bar? (I'm aware I will have yo pay for mini bar items)

In CC, you get no in-stateroom complimentary water whether or not it is in the mini-bar and whether or not you have beverage package. Currently, the only category with this benefit is Aqua Class. Some suites will also receive free in-suite bottled water from April 2015.

Edited by Project_gal

This thread is another reason I love this site...lots of good info and little things many take for granted or don't realize and end up paying in the end...literally

So the wife and I are sailing in Oct on the Reflection...AQ class with the Premium drink package......is there anything in that room that I could get charged for or does my class and pkg I paid for cover the room extras?

Thanks

This thread is another reason I love this site...lots of good info and little things many take for granted or don't realize and end up paying in the end...literally

So the wife and I are sailing in Oct on the Reflection...AQ class with the Premium drink package......is there anything in that room that I could get charged for or does my class and pkg I paid for cover the room extras?

Thanks

Just don't touch the mini bar! I have always asked them to empty it on day one so it frees up space to use with your own drinks you can pick up during the day!

Others have said they don't do that any more but if you don't ask you don't know...

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FWIW you can't check right now because the connections thing is still down..... a few cruises ago I never got my invite.... :(

Actually, it was up yesterday and we registered for our connection. Not saying it is working today, only that it worked yesterday.

Ken

Thanks

Mini contents & any drinks ordered from room service are not covered by the drink package. In AQ they leave 2 of the small water bottles each day, if you need more just ask.

In AQ they leave 2 of the small water bottles each day, if you need more just ask.

On summit, there was a full cabinet full of water under the TV. M class and S class ships vary in storage options though. I had over a dozen bottles in the cabinet, though they placed 2 on the table daily when making up the room.