Concierge Class or Aqua Class?

Mountainjack

I am in the process of booking on the Constellation and not sure if I want to book a Concierge Class or Aqua Class balcony. A2 & C2 are quoted at the same price and C3 a little less.

I have never sailed on Celebrity before so not sure about the Blu dining experience with Aqua. With the regular dining we would prefer early dining but it is now wait listed.

Any comments would be appreciated.

I am in the process of booking on the Constellation and not sure if I want to book a Concierge Class or Aqua Class balcony. A2 & C2 are quoted at the same price and C3 a little less.

I have never sailed on Celebrity before so not sure about the Blu dining experience with Aqua. With the regular dining we would prefer early dining but it is now wait listed.

People seem to universally love Blu restaurant with few exceptions here and ther. And if you were one of the rare people who didn't like it for whatever reason they would accomoodate you and let you eat in the dinning room.

With that being said the rooms are pretty similar, but Agua class allows you unlimited access to Persian gardens, as well as bottled water in the room...just a couple bottles per day. There is also a nice shower head.... So to me, I would go for Aqua because of Blu, knowing I could "undo" Blu if I had to and that the rooms are essentially the same.....

The Persian Gardens is a nice perk as well.....

For the same price I would book the A2. Dining in Blu is any time dining and you do have the option of going to Select Dining in the MDR. Our 1st cruise in Blu we did not care for it and moved to the MDR. However, on our last cruise we were in a suite and ate in Blu several times and really enjoyed it. For our Alaska cruise we booked Aqua and are looking forward to Blu.

Mary Lou

I would absolutely pick AQ primarily because of Blu, given the pricing you described. Excellent breakfast, and a much nice dinner IMHO. Once we sailed AQ we are now spoiled. Prices being similar, we always will pick AQ from now on unless we sail with three to a cabin as we sometimes do. Just be aware - you may never want regular balcony or CC again:). Once we tried a balcony, we could never go again without one. Once we tried AQ, we will always pick it first if prices are similar (and will pay something of an upcharge - for us I would say $100 more pp or similar)

On Connie (and all M class), Concierge cabins are a bit larger than AQ cabins. I haven't been able to tell if they are wider or just longer, the floor plan is the same, though some have said the new deck of AQ the bed has the foot pointing to the veranda - But I have no proof of that myself. AQ cabins on the upper deck are newly added (a year or so ago) so may have a newer feel, but I've read from some they get warm quickly and some have plumbing issues as they work out the kinks. Seems I've always seen a carpet blower dryer in the hallways someplace or other on Connie and Summit in these new cabins, leading me to believe the comments about plumbing issues.

The shower in AQ is nice with the body sprays though, and has glass doors, where the concierge has a shower curtain and standard shower. I've got verity little opinion about BLU, the one cruise I did do Aqua, I never ate there preferring MDR with the group I was with. To me, food is food. If no beverage package, the unlimited bottled water is a nice touch. I'm not a spa guy either, so didn't take advantage of persian gardens either.

I'd probably take AQ myself not on the upper deck to be honest if the cost is the same.

as well as bottled water in the room...just a couple bottles per day. .

On Summit last month, the cabinet below the TV was full of water (perhaps as many as 18 bottles), the steward opened and let me know to use as much as needed, but always had 2 bottles out on the table at any time,

Thanks for the input. We are booked on the Constellation for the 5 day cruise departing on Nov 24th. Decided to do Aqua and upgraded from A2 to A1 as I wanted to be further aft due to past problems with sea sickness.

This will be only our second cruise, hopefully it will be as great as the first one.

Thanks for the input. We are booked on the Constellation for the 5 day cruise departing on Nov 24th. Decided to do Aqua and upgraded from A2 to A1 as I wanted to be further aft due to past problems with sea sickness.

This will be only our second cruise, hopefully it will be as great as the first one.

You should be VERY happy. We were on the Connie in 1116, one of the new rooms last December. We LOVED the location. It was very quiet, very private and we never had any plumbing or AC issues. In fact it was the BEST AC we've had on over 20 different cruises, so cool at night we went looking for another blanket!!:) Connie was the last "M" class to get these new staterooms so perhaps they worked out the kinks that other ships have had but we liked the room and location so much that we will ALWAYS book those rooms when sailing on an "M" class in the future. Have a wonderful time!!:)

You should be VERY happy. We were on the Connie in 1116, one of the new rooms last December. We LOVED the location. It was very quiet, very private and we never had any plumbing or AC issues. In fact it was the BEST AC we've had on over 20 different cruises, so cool at night we went looking for another blanket!!:) Connie was the last "M" class to get these new staterooms so perhaps they worked out the kinks that other ships have had but we liked the room and location so much that we will ALWAYS book those rooms when sailing on an "M" class in the future. Have a wonderful time!!:)

We will be in 1114...

I would take the AQ if it is the same price as the CC, because you get so much more for your money. The big thing is dining in Blu for breakfast and dinner. The rest of the perks are bonus.

CC is just a larger cabin than the regular veranda cabins on the M class. Some of the CC cabins were "converted" to AQ during the Soltilization. The perks in AQ are all of those in CC plus the added AQ perks.

Blu dining starts at 6.00 … is usually a line up of 10 couples trying to get the window seats .

Waiters are exceptional ,like your famiy ,most tables are for 2 so you get a new dinner guest every night .Much quietter than MDR as there are no wait stations in dining room . all meals come directly to your table .

We have sailled in both Concierge and Aqua class and prefer Aqua just for the blu restaurant.:D

We were on Summit last year in AQ, 11th floor. No plumbing issues or anything else for that matter. Blu is the best. It's the old X at its best. Great food, fantastic service. In fact we were just upgraded to AQ for our cruise next week. 9th floor this time. Love Blu.

Enjoy it.

We were on Summit last year in AQ, 11th floor. No plumbing issues or anything else for that matter. Blu is the best. It's the old X at its best. Great food, fantastic service. In fact we were just upgraded to AQ for our cruise next week. 9th floor this time. Love Blu.

Enjoy it.

If going with AQ1 the aft facing cabins in the middle of the ship are some of the biggest balconies (except for suites) on the ship. 1138 and 1141 have balconies that increase in size towards 1140 with 1140 having the largest size. We have 1138 for a sailing next Feb. and are looking forward to it. We had an AQ2 (deck 9) cabin this past March and loved Blu.

There are some photos of the cabins on CC, just could not find them.

If going with AQ1 the aft facing cabins in the middle of the ship are some of the biggest balconies (except for suites) on the ship. 1138 and 1141 have balconies that increase in size towards 1140 with 1140 having the largest size. We have 1138 for a sailing next Feb. and are looking forward to it. We had an AQ2 (deck 9) cabin this past March and loved Blu.

There are some photos of the cabins on CC, just could not find them.

Would never work for us (or more specifically DH lol). He spends a lot of time on our balcony, reading, napping etc and he would really hate it if our balcony was just above the busy Oceanvew Bar and it was not as peaceful and quiet like our reg balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Would never work for us (or more specifically DH lol). He spends a lot of time on our balcony, reading, napping etc and he would really hate it if our balcony was just above the busy Oceanvew Bar and it was not as peaceful and quiet like our reg balcony.

I have been told and read a lot about the cabins... alas not being in one yet I cannot say firsthand - that they are quite, you can barely hear the noise. I for one love the idea of the bar/live music but a few steps away.

I'd probably take AQ myself not on the upper deck to be honest if the cost is the same.

The Deck 11 AQ cabins are all AQ1 and more expensive. I did 5 AQ1 cruises on Connie last

year. Other than a brief problem with air conditioning on one cruise I experienced no problems. Really enjoyed the small lounge areas outside some cabins. Wonderful place just to sit while waiting for DW.

On Connie (and all M class), Concierge cabins are a bit larger than AQ cabins.

For your information, the AQ cabins on the M class ships are the same size as the CC cabins. All the AQ2 cabins were formerly CC cabins. The AQ1 cabins which were added to deck 11 are the same as the ones on the other deck, just newer.

Just select your cabin very carefully.

Can you elaborate on this? We are new to these class cabins, only having a balcony before. Sailing, I think, on two M class ships next year, one with CC and one AQ. After reading this thread I wish we'd gotten AQ on both.

Can you elaborate on this? We are new to these class cabins, only having a balcony before. Sailing, I think, on two M class ships next year, one with CC and one AQ. After reading this thread I wish we'd gotten AQ on both.

Have no idea what that poster meant either but if you picked A1's up on Deck 11 the only thing I will say is you should have a wonderful cruise. We were in 1116 on Connie and loved it, if you are anywhere near that location am sure you will too.....

If you have a look at Deck 9 on the deck plans you will see that the AQ cabins are all either under the pool deck or the Oceanview Cafe so there is lots of activity above you. Reports of deck chairs being moved around early am and kitchen noises if you happen to be under one. AQ on Deck 11 aft is right above the aft bar so it is best to avoid the post side as it is the cigar/smoking side right below you. It would be a good idea to check what is above your AQ cabin and switch to a better location if you wish. Hope that helps and I think that most of the cabins are ok.

Hi all, we too will be first time Celebrity cruisers soon and have booked an aft Sky suite on deck 10 of Silhouette . There were only a few left but the rep. said there were several Aqua's left and there would be no problem to change if we wanted to! After reading all these posts, I'm wondering if we will be happy in the aft suite ! We enjoy the MDR on Royal, so I'm wondering about Blu now. What kind of food is served there that so many of you rave about it ?please keep the posts going, I'm glued to this one now. Thanks !