Text from my mom: "Would you want to go on a NYE cruise if I paid?"

How is this even a question??? Especially when I found out it is QUANTUM that she wants to do because she doesn't want to fly. Fingers and toes crossed this works out!

That's an easy question to answer; "Duh!"

My mom took me on a trip to Italy. She said she was really only paying for half the trip since she would have had to pay extra as a single. Wonderful Hubby said "Yes" - since I was leaving him with two school aged children and had previously promised to never leave him again for a trip to Europe (I made that promise on the night he gave me my engagement ring - was that binding?)

Hope you and Mom have a wonderful trip.

Mom -- if your child can't make it, I'm a pretty good daughter. I'll take care of you.

Wow congrats! I recently sent a similiar text to my DD. With the BOGO sale, I wanted to sail on Explorer one last time before she left NJ. Of course she said yes and was even happier when I said she could bring her friend because what I saved on her fare paid for her friend. Have fun! Happy Cruising!

I hope you texted back YES before you even posted here. :D

My thought exactly...why is she even taking the time to post here?

Actually, that is how I increased my cruising, years ago.

My parents cruised several times a year forever, and there came a call from my mom (way before text, or even mobile phones) saying my dad did not want to take such and such a cruise with her, would I go along with her. No brainer.

We were cruise roomies for years until she too had to stop cruising.

We will have to see if my husband can get the time off from work. My mom, brother and his fiance all work in school systems, so they are off. I work for a University that is closed that week. She wants a family bonding cruise. I've never cruised from NY before. A little concerned about the sailing up and down the coast. Any input?

We will have to see if my husband can get the time off from work. My mom, brother and his fiance all work in school systems, so they are off. I work for a University that is closed that week. She wants a family bonding cruise. I've never cruised from NY before. A little concerned about the sailing up and down the coast. Any input?

We've sailed twice with Explorer and have had no issues with the cruise. What are you concerned about with regard to sailing up and down the coast?

LOL - my daughter is 30 and she still gets phone calls asking if she would like to travel with us. She is a school teacher and I know her salary doesn't allow for a lot of luxuries. And now that she has a steady boyfriend that will eventually be her husband (not yet officially engaged) that is also a schoolteacher, the invitation is also extended to him.

We just returned home from a 10 day land vacation to Costa Rica that she was happy to go on with us.

Bob, I've heard that the sail up and down can get quite bumpy, especially that time of year. So that is really my concern about a rocking boat! I've only cruised out of FL ports (Canaveral, Everglades and Miami).

Motion can happen on any itinerary. You can minimize the motion by choosing a stateroom that is as low as possible and close to the center of the ship.

Now it looks like she has a hold on some rooms for the same itinerary on NCL Breakaway and will call RC later. I have a feeling we are going to end up on NCL, which stinks because A) I am loyal to Royal :) and B) it is a Sun to Sun instead of Sat to Sat. I just like to have the day to recover.

I will not look a gift horse in the mouth though and will be thrilled for a free vacation!