What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

Good Lord, my brain hurts now. Thanks. :D

What I was getting at is on the current itineraries, Majesty comes to almost a full stop during the night between Nassau and Coco Cay because the cruising distance is so short. I was only suggesting this would be a good option for the gas guzzler turbine ships since they would use a lot less gas than on the longer cruises Radiance Class is already doing.

EN isn't a turbine though, correct?

Enchantment and Rhapsody are same class, except EN was stretched. So I assume they are both the same, which would still need to be run at a given level to power the ship. Also I would be very surprised if they came to a dead stop for stability's sake, they don't want to bob around. I'm sure they probably zig zag a bit if they have to though.

Edited by mxylpic

No, Radiance class ships are the only ones in Royal's fleet that have gas turbines.

The turbines burn cleaner than diesel engines, but are real gas hogs. So much so that Royal cut holes in the sides of each Radiance class ship and installed diesel engines to provide electrical power for the hotel load when the ship is docked.

...So much so that Royal cut holes in the sides of each Radiance class ship and installed diesel engines to provide electrical power for the hotel load when the ship is docked.

Ah really? Cool! Never knew that. Thx Bob :)

How's this: Nassau, Labadee, Cozumel, at sea :D:D:D (I like this!)

Too long for a 5 niter!

Would anyone like to venture a guess as to a 5 night Navigator itinerary that includes both Bahamas AND Mexico as per the press release?

I really hope it's just not Nassau, at sea, Cozumel, at sea.

I can't see why Labadee in my example can't be the 5th day... Liberty 4 dayer's to Cozumel are 4 days so that can't be because it's too far? If time at port is an issue, Navigator maybe can do what Allure currently does - ie. 7am-2pm in Nassau then head off to Labadee - 8am-3pm... leaving a couple of hours earlier than current normal itineraries(5pm) to get to Cozumel.

Any thoughts or clarification? Is my timing/distance between ports off base?

Would anyone like to venture a guess as to a 5 night Navigator itinerary that includes both Bahamas AND Mexico as per the press release?

I really hope it's just not Nassau, at sea, Cozumel, at sea.

I can't see why Labadee in my example can't be the 5th day... Liberty 4 dayer's to Cozumel are 4 days so that can't be because it's too far? If time at port is an issue, Navigator maybe can do what Allure currently does - ie. 7am-2pm in Nassau then head off to Labadee - 8am-3pm... leaving a couple of hours earlier than current normal itineraries(5pm) to get to Cozumel.

Any thoughts or clarification? Is my timing/distance between ports off base?

Wayy off!

Where do you come up with these things :rolleyes:??

Agreed. Regardless, I'm so glad to see them keeping the Freedom class and a couple Voyager class in the Caribbean. I hate the aspect of flying in and out of MIA and getting from the MIA to Dodge Island, but you seriously cannot beat the gorgeous view sailing out of Miami and the beautiful row to "showcase" the ships.

I'd pick Port Everglades any day over the Port of Miami but I am glad they are keeping a presence there.

There have been posts/threads that I have read about Enchantment often times not sailing full.....did I make it up...no....just read what others posted.

Hmm.... ok.

So maybe she'll get two different 5 day itinieraries:

1. Nassau/Cococay/Freeport/at sea
  2. at sea/Cozumel/Costa Maya(or Labadee)/at sea

Do these me sense timing/distance wise?

I believe you'd need a 6 night to get to Cozumel and Labadee because I think you need a sea day between Labadee and Cozumel. (Sea/Labadee/Sea/Cozumel/Sea) Cozumel and Costa Maya is an option though.

But as I mentioned before, I'd love a 5 night CocoCay and Labadee cruise! (CocoCay/Sea/Labadee/Sea)

How about Nassau, Coca Cay and Key West ?

Sorry if I already missed that guess;)

Well Enchantment will be doing that itinerary on her 4 nighters from Miami.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Instead of Bahamas and Mexico, I'd love to see a "Private Beaches Cruise" to both Labadee and CocoCay! Just a suggestion if Royal is listening :p

Great idea! My first cruise was on The Big Red Boat...the 3day cruise anchored off a beautiful private island in the abacos and we were able to play for 2 days...even had shows on the island at night! We loved it!

Great idea! My first cruise was on The Big Red Boat...the 3day cruise anchored off a beautiful private island in the abacos and we were able to play for 2 days...even had shows on the island at night! We loved it!

This sounds great. Would be neat if the more adventurous would be allowed to sleep on the island, maybe the Labadee cabanas

I believe you'd need a 6 night to get to Cozumel and Labadee because I think you need a sea day between Labadee and Cozumel. (Sea/Labadee/Sea/Cozumel/Sea) Cozumel and Costa Maya is an option though.

But as I mentioned before, I'd love a 5 night CocoCay and Labadee cruise! (CocoCay/Sea/Labadee/Sea)

Ah ok... I don't know what I was thinking and a little embarrassed actually as I should know better, but just looking through distances between countries/islands like Topo Gigio said I was way off base with my estimations.

My thoughts are strictly based on the press release for the 5-day itinerary being "Bahamas and Mexico". I feel the only way this can happen is Nassau/at sea/Cozumel/at sea.... I won't ever be booking this, way too boring and typical. If RCL can offer two separate 5 night itineraries, one being at sea/Cozumel/Costa Maya/at sea and the other Nassau/Cococay/Turks/at sea (if they deal with CCL for once per 2 weeks visit) now that would be waaaay better imho.

Edited by Hoopster95

Ah ok... I don't know what I was thinking and a little embarrassed actually as I should know better, but just looking through distances between countries/islands like Topo Gigio said I was way off base with my estimations.

My thoughts are strictly based on the press release for the 5-day itinerary being "Bahamas and Mexico". I feel the only way this can happen is Nassau/at sea/Cozumel/at sea.... I won't ever be booking this, way too boring and typical. If RCL can offer two separate 5 night itineraries, one being at sea/Cozumel/Costa Maya/at sea and the other Nassau/Cococay/Turks/at sea (if they deal with CCL for once per 2 weeks visit) now that would be waaaay better imho.

I agree with you on that. I'm looking to go on a short cruise in Dec 2016 (Won't be going on our "big" cruise in the spring of 2017 :(), and the 5 night Navigator will be an option depending on the itinerary. I would at least rather them have her stop at CocoCay instead of Nassau. I would also prefer them not to stop at Cozumel...maybe Costa Maya at least?

Also... I like your Nassau/CocoCay/Turks idea if thats possible...

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

• 2 years later...
If I was in charge (HA!) this is what there would be

Voyager-class out of Miami

4 Day run A (weeks 1 and 3 of month) - Embark/Sea Day/Labadee/Sea Day/Disembark

3 Day run - Embark/Coco Cay/Nassau/Disembark

4 Day run B (weeks 2 and 4 of month) - Embark/Coco Cay/Nassau/Sea Day/Disembark

Let's see how close I am two and a half years later; if there is alternating Labadee routes, if there are sea days, and if there will not be KW visits now that Voyager class is going to short Miami cruises.

With alternating A and B itins it makes B2B's with a 3 day that much more interesting and filling the ship more feasible. IMO.

Let's see how close I am two and a half years later; if there is alternating Labadee routes, if there are sea days, and if there will not be KW visits now that Voyager class is going to short Miami cruises.

With alternating A and B itins it makes B2B's with a 3 day that much more interesting and filling the ship more feasible. IMO.

It will be Mariner replacing Enchantment starting June 2018 with 3-4 night Bahamas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It will be Mariner replacing Enchantment starting June 2018 with 3-4 night Bahamas

All Bahamas or any Labadee/KW?

I've done 4 nighters on CCL with KW and Cozumel.

Hoping RCI just has some alternating routes. I'd hop on and off Voyager class all the time for getaways but can only take so much Nausea. Nassau. .

All Bahamas or any Labadee/KW?

I've done 4 nighters on CCL with KW and Cozumel.

Hoping RCI just has some alternating routes. I'd hop on and off Voyager class all the time for getaways but can only take so much Nausea. Nassau. .

I am waiting for the formal public release, but it looks like it will be taking over Enchantments scheduled sailings from the notification I received earlier today.