2016 Cruises

wrl001

probably Sept & March

We booked a "placeholder 2015 cruise" on-board the Regatta on the 7/7/14 7-night RT out of Seattle. One time change priviledge will allow us to find the right 2016 cruise. In addition to the on-board booking perks, it also garnered an additional $100.00 per cabin on-board credit for the cruise we were on.

• 4 weeks later...

....chomping at the bit! :)

Really hoping we are able to take a cruise from Bali or Singapore around March 1st, 2016... We are planning on heading to Jakarta for the Java Jazz Festival last weekend of February '16. Would be nice to bundle this with pre or post cruise...

....chomping at the bit! :)

Really hoping we are able to take a cruise from Bali or Singapore around March 1st, 2016... We are planning on heading to Jakarta for the Java Jazz Festival last weekend of February '16. Would be nice to bundle this with pre or post cruise...

Waiting to see the same type thing...something in Feb 2016 Asia, that we can tie in with Chinese New Years in Hong Kong and Tet in Viet Nam.

I am hoping for a repeat of the Cape Town to Singapore early in 2016 - will try to get an OS or VS as soon as it opens.

It is part of the world cruise and I suspect it will be open for booking as a segment sometime soon.

Actually, I am hoping for a repeat of the 1/6/2015 CPT-SIN cruise - not a segment. I was on waitlist for the 6 month cruise segment and gave up.

The itineraries are very similar - it is Nautica vs Insignia (1 month later).

If they don't repeat the Nautica itinerary, you can always do the Insignia (which also visits Myanmar, if that matters to you)

Would definitely opt for the Insignia itin if offered - cruised down the Irrawaddy on the Road to Mandalay some years back - would like to see how much it has changed. We are deposited on the Regent Voyager for a 12/21/15 CPT-SIN. If Oceania repeats, we'll sit down and make a choice.

The itineraries are very similar - it is Nautica vs Insignia (1 month later).

If they don't repeat the Nautica itinerary, you can always do the Insignia (which also visits Myanmar, if that matters to you)

Usually those cruises that visit Myanmar are land excursion's. you have to take,leave the ship for 2 or 3 days,and you miss the time on board.If it's a pre or post it would be much better.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, I am hoping for a repeat of the 1/6/2015 CPT-SIN cruise - not a segment. I was on waitlist for the 6 month cruise segment and gave up.

This is the itinerary for the Nautica that you are looking for starting 12/9/15:

Cape Town, South Africa; Port Elizabeth, South Africa; East London, South Africa; Durban, South Africa;

Richards Bay, South Africa; Maputo, Mozambique; Nosy Be, Madagascar; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania;

Zanzibar, Tanzania; Mombasa, Kenya; Mahé, Seychelles; Malé, Maldives; Colombo, Sri Lanka;

Phuket, Thailand; Penang, Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang), Malaysia; Singapore, Singapore

Hope it will work for you.

PS This is the Insignia 2/9/16:

Cape Town, South Africa; Port Elizabeth, South Africa; East London, South Africa; Durban, South Africa;

Richards Bay, South Africa; Maputo, Mozambique; Nosy Be, Madagascar; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania;

Zanzibar, Tanzania; Mombasa, Kenya; Mahé, Seychelles; Malé, Maldives; Mangalore, India;

Cochin (Kochi), India; Rangoon, Burma (Yangon, Myanmar); Penang, Malaysia;

Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang), Malaysia; Singapore, Singapore

Edited by Paulchili

This is the itinerary for the Nautica that you are looking for starting 12/9/15:

Zanzibar, Tanzania; Mombasa, Kenya; Mahé, Seychelles; Malé, Maldives; Colombo, Sri Lanka;

Phuket, Thailand; Penang, Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang), Malaysia; Singapore, Singapore

Hope it will work for you.

PS This is the Insignia 2/9/16:

Zanzibar, Tanzania; Mombasa, Kenya; Mahé, Seychelles; Malé, Maldives; Mangalore, India;

Cochin (Kochi), India; Rangoon, Burma (Yangon, Myanmar); Penang, Malaysia;

Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang), Malaysia; Singapore, Singapore

I am on the Jan 2015 cruise on Nautica -- I intentionally did not want to be on a segment of a world cruise. I think there will be a lot of bonding among the world cruisers and those who get on and off will feel like outsiders. Just my opinion but it was a consideration.

Edited by pacheco18

I am on the Jan 2015 cruise on Nautica -- I intentionally did not want to be on a segment of a world cruise. I think there will be a lot of bonding among the world cruisers and those who get on and off will feel like outsiders. Just my opinion but it was a consideration.

or maybe they will welcome new faces after seeing the same old ones for months :D

or maybe they will welcome new faces after seeing the same old ones for months :D

LOL -- that, of course, is the other side of the coin and a possibility. However, for the 2015 World Cruise, the CPT to SIN segment is very early in the World Cruise itinerary so they will probably still like one another at that point.

I would be interested to hear from folks who do segments on the World Cruises to see if they sensed a difference.

My Oceania daily junkmail arrived. 2016 Previews are out.

Some new things and changes. No decent promos (no free grats) only Free internet and up to $500 OBC. However most are less than $500 - even HKG to IST is only $400

The Cape Town to Sing on Nautica departs 9 Dec and is 30 days with NO stop in Myanmar.

The usual trek back on Nautica Hong Kong to Istanbul is on 24 March.

Bookings open on the 17th at 0830h....