2 Cruises not back to back-4 bottles of wine?

gadaboutgal

We are sailing on 2 cruises on Caribbean Princess that are back to back, but we purchased them as 2 separate cruises. Will we be allowed to take on 4 bottles of wine? If not, can we get them to just hold them until the second cruise?

We are sailing on 2 cruises on Caribbean Princess that are back to back, but we purchased them as 2 separate cruises. Will we be allowed to take on 4 bottles of wine? If not, can we get them to just hold them until the second cruise?

I've never seen anything in writing from Princess but in March on the Golden the bottle checkers said only 1 bottle/person at the beginning of each cruise. We explained having 4 bottles for our B2B & they allowed us to bring them as long as we didn't bring any during turnaround day.

My guess is when checked they only allow 1 bottle/person/cruise even when doing a B2B but they have some flexibility to use discretion to allow both at the initial embarkation.

My DH and I were on a Ruby B2B that was also sold as a 9 day cruise in February. For us it was a true B2B booked as 2 separate cruises. We brought 4 bottles on at embarkation and had to show our first and second cruises boarding passes and give them 2 bottles for delivery to our cabin on the last night of the first cruise. They gave us a receipt with our name, cabin number, wine and vintage info. We found the bottles (in a Princess shopping bag) in our cabin when we returned to dress for dinner on the last night of the first cruise.

Edited by capriccio

My DH and I were on a Ruby B2B that was also sold as a 9 day cruise in February. For us it was a true B2B booked as 2 separate cruises. We brought 4 bottles on at embarkation and had to show our first and second cruises boarding passes and give them 2 bottles for delivery to our cabin on the last night of the first cruise. They gave us a receipt with our name, cabin number, wine and vintage info. We found the bottles (in a Princess shopping bag) in our cabin when we returned to dress for dinner on the last night of the first cruise.

I certainly don't begrudge Princess their rules and I'm not one to shlep wine onboard at embarkation anyway (only did so in port in Europe because, you know, it was Europe!). That said, you gotta believe that the labour costs in all that effort they went to had to outweigh the potential revenue from a bottle of wine you would have purchased onboard.

I certainly don't begrudge Princess their rules and I'm not one to shlep wine onboard at embarkation anyway (only did so in port in Europe because, you know, it was Europe!). That said, you gotta believe that the labour costs in all that effort they went to had to outweigh the potential revenue from a bottle of wine you would have purchased onboard.

What labor cost?? They are already paying the crew if they have a task or if they sit by idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our last two cruises were B2B and we had no problems bringing on 4 bottles on embarkation day :)

But were they booked as one cruise or two cruises. Did you have one boarding pass or two? From what I have been reading, if you have only one boarding pass and booked as one, then only 1 bottle of wine pp. If you have two boarding passes and booked as two cruises, then you are allowed 2 bottles of wine pp. Just wanting clarification on this.

But were they booked as one cruise or two cruises. Did you have one boarding pass or two? From what I have been reading, if you have only one boarding pass and booked as one, then only 1 bottle of wine pp. If you have two boarding passes and booked as two cruises, then you are allowed 2 bottles of wine pp. Just wanting clarification on this.

Thats sounds logical but when confronted with private security at the embarkation port, and they are enforcing said rule I doubt they will understand the logic. All you can do is try. :(

So, my understanding is, since I am booked on a b2b but have it booked only as one cruise, I can only bring on 1 bottle pp but if I would have booked it as 2 cruises, I could have brought on 2 bottles per person?
Maybe, depending on who is at the security desk. You could always go ashore and buy more wine for the second leg.

Maybe, depending on who is at the security desk. You could always go ashore and buy more wine for the second leg.

We did a B2B on Ruby in January and took four bottles when boarding. We were prepared to have two stored, but we were allowed to take them to our cabin. We bought two more on turn around day and took them on with no problem We would have paid the $15 pp if asked and still come out ahead. I do think it depends on who is on duty, and also I believe they are more stringent on some cruises.

Sheila

We had two separate 7-day cruises last year which were b2b but two booking numbers. We were able to bring two additional bottles on the second leg of the cruise. We just bought the bottles at the turn-around port.

Thanks to all for your response. I will print both cruise boarding passes to have to show just in case there is an issue.

We had both boarding passes & showed them to them however they still said only 1/person/cruise when boarding although they did waive the rule to allow us to bring our 2 each at the start of our B2B. Hopefully it works for you & waive the procedure & allow both upon boarding the ship.

Second question: If they do not let us bring on the 4 bottles, will they just store the other 2 until the cruises are over? We don't really need 4 bottles, but they are being gifted to us on a cruise immediately preceding the Princess cruises; and, since we will be without a car, we have nowhere to store them ourselves.

Booked either way you should be allowed 2 bottles/person. Just have proof of the booking(s) with you.