CATS coming to R.C.C.L. Please anything but that.Imean anything.

dolittle

As someone who thinks Royal Caribbean is getting it right with there big shows and likes the idea of a truncated broadway musicals on ships, it was with horror and dread that I read this notice on there site. There are so many great shows with wonderfull music that would be so great to see on board while I am not the biggest fan of Chicago it is a real show with some plot and some good music also Hairspray is a lot of fun with a thin plot. Cats on the other hand is painfull in every aspect(yea, yea I know it was a big hit) the only good song is borrowed from another show, there is no plot ,stupid songs and well I could go on but I was wondering what show would you like to see on board old or new.The best would be the ones with the most hit songs and thin plots also what shows would you avoid like the Cats I mean plague.

As someone who thinks Royal Caribbean is getting it right with there big shows and likes the idea of a truncated broadway musicals on ships, it was with horror and dread that I read this notice on there site. There are so many great shows with wonderfull music that would be so great to see on board while I am not the biggest fan of Chicago it is a real show with some plot and some good music also Hairspray is a lot of fun with a thin plot. Cats on the other hand is painfull in every aspect(yea, yea I know it was a big hit) the only good song is borrowed from another show, there is no plot ,stupid songs and well I could go on but I was wondering what show would you like to see on board old or new.The best would be the ones with the most hit songs and thin plots also what shows would you avoid like the Cats I mean plague.

First I laughed, then agreed with you. Then I thought, the theater will be full - with a drink in hand, cruisers will watch anything! Or maybe RCI did it on purpose - you really need a drink for this show :D

OK, we can certainly understand some folks not liking Cats,,,or even a truncated version. But it just happens to be the 2nd longest running show in Broadway history so one can assume that somebody liked the show.

Hank

How about Sweeney Todd and then the next day have pot pies on the buffet???

Love that idea. My comment is that nobody is forcing the OP to go to Cats. There are lots of other things to do in the evening. As for me, I think that Cats is a great show.

DON

I too disliked Cats the first time I saw it but went again & lived it the second time. I'd finds mama mia painful cuz I didn't like Abba back in the day either. I'd love to see Hedwig onboard! My all-time favs are Phantom (can't see that translated properly to a ship), Les Mis (too sad), and Lion King (that would be awesome!)

I too disliked Cats the first time I saw it but went again & lived it the second time. I'd finds mama mia painful cuz I didn't like Abba back in the day either. I'd love to see Hedwig onboard! My all-time favs are Phantom (can't see that translated properly to a ship), Les Mis (too sad), and Lion King (that would be awesome!)

I don't think you'll see Lion King on an RCI ship anytime soon. :D

I also don't understand all the angst and gnashing of teeth against Cats. ANY show a ship puts on will have it's detractors. If you don't like the show, don't go.

Sorry to take this down another track, but what song is borrowed from another show?