Returning to cabin after a swim

FangedRose

I like a late afternoon swim before getting dressed ready for dinner.

How do others get back to their cabins when still wet?

Don't want to lay out late afternoon to dry off, won't work in Sept/Oct in Europe!

Don't want to shower and change in changing rooms, just to put dirty day clothes back on thus necessitating another change and shower minutes later.

Have tried a robe/sarong/day clothes but embarrassing wet patches were disconcerting even after a thorough towelling.

Have usually resorted to wrapping a towel round myself on top of swimsuit, but felt uncomfortable going through public areas in little more than I wear after a shower in my own bedroom.

What do others do?

I think you worry to much. I just dry off and put on my swimsuit cover up. Everyone knows you are on cruise and no one would like twice at any water spots that may occur during your walk to your room :rolleyes:. Just smile as you pass and say hi ;)....then they'll be looking at your face and not your clothes:).

I tie my hair up so it isnt dripping (hard work when your hair is long and thick like mine) and then towel dry my body.

Then I throw on my loose black maxi t-shirt dress on and head wherever.

Black doesn't really show the wet spots/becomes see-through and is really comfy after a swim.

But as others have said do not worry about it, plenty of wet folk wandering around on a cruise. :)

My husband and I just towel off and throw either a t-shirt (him), or shorts and/or t-shirt (me) and head back to the room. No one cares if your shirt or shorts are a bit wet. Most know or assume that you are heading back to the cabin after being in the pool or hot tub.

Just dry off with a towel, put on a cover up, and go directly back to the cabin. :)

Agree. DW likes to refer to those who wear robes (especially robes issued by the cruise lines) as "Robe People." It really looks silly to be walking around a ship in a bath robe although some folks think its fine. Most folks do fine with a basic cover-up of some sort which looks a lot nicer then a white bath robe.

Hank

Don't want to lay out late afternoon to dry off, won't work in Sept/Oct in Europe!

Don't want to shower and change in changing rooms, just to put dirty day clothes back on thus necessitating another change and shower minutes later.

Have tried a robe/sarong/day clothes but embarrassing wet patches were disconcerting even after a thorough towelling.

Have usually resorted to wrapping a towel round myself on top of swimsuit, but felt uncomfortable going through public areas in little more than I wear after a shower in my own bedroom.

What do others do?

Hi, same issue....We just towel dry off as much as possible and throw on a cover up (preferably dark, so no 'wet spots' are obvious and head to our cabin....No one cares...Plenty of people in wet suits around. I would NOT wear a bathrobe.....

Enjoy your cruise.

Easy -- just towel off, throw on a cover-up, and head back to your room. :)

I always take several pareos with me. I use them for sun protection at the pool, and they double nicely as swimsuit cover-ups, when I leave the pool area. They also dry very easily, so I don't have a bunch of wet clothes in my cabin. :cool:

Agree. DW likes to refer to those who wear robes (especially robes issued by the cruise lines) as "Robe People." It really looks silly to be walking around a ship in a bath robe although some folks think its fine. Most folks do fine with a basic cover-up of some sort which looks a lot nicer then a white bath robe.

Hank

You think it's silly on a ship, you should see it at a luxury hotel! It happens all the time at my hotel, and at others I've worked at.

Hi, same issue....We just towel dry off as much as possible and throw on a cover up (preferably dark, so no 'wet spots' are obvious and head to our cabin....No one cares...Plenty of people in wet suits around. I would NOT wear a bathrobe.....

Enjoy your cruise.

When I see people in the bath robes they remind me of someone coming out of a spa/steam room. Doesn't look funny to me. They are used for other purposes besides in ones own house.

Celebrity has large bath towels that they have displayed/rolled up on the back of the sofa. They are the same ones they have at the pool. I have seen people walking back to their rooms wrapped in these towels. They often have a cover-up in their hands which they probably wore to the pool.

Like others said don't worry about it. There will be plenty of others enjoying the pool and it is normal to see these things.

When I see people in the bath robes they remind me of someone coming out of a spa/steam room. Doesn't look funny to me. They are used for other purposes besides in ones own house.

Coming out of a spa/steam room in a robe compared to walking around the ship in one are very different things. :rolleyes:

When I see people walking around the ship in bath robes, I just assume they have no self respect to be out in public dressed like that. Or they are too lazy to get dressed. Either way, they look pretty silly. Might as well be walking around in in their underwear or with curlers in their hair. :eek:

Edited by PTMary

What do others do?

So how is sitting walking about by the pool ( which is a public area) wearing a little more than what you wear after taking a shower in your own bedroom any different than going through the public areas back to your cabin? :confused:

When I see people walking around the ship in bath robes, I just assume they have no self respect to be out in public dressed like that. Or they are too lazy to get dressed. Either way, they look pretty silly. Might as well be walking around in in their underwear or with curlers in their hair. :eek:

Or wearing jeans in the MDR?

You think it's silly on a ship, you should see it at a luxury hotel! It happens all the time at my hotel, and at others I've worked at.

LOL. We have seen it at some luxury hotels when folks are going to and from the spa but that never seemed to weird as long as they weren't walking in the lobby. But on our last Celebrity cruise a lady actually came into the Lido for lunch and she was wearing her Celebrity issued robe. I figure the next thing we will see is somebody coming into the MDR on a formal night in a bath robe and baseball cap.

Hank

What do others do?

I dry myself with a towel, put my tank top and sandals on, and walk to the cabin.

What I find funny about the robe thing is that its almost strange if you not wearing a robe when wandering round a luxury spa but on cruise ships some people really seem to dislike people wearing them in public.

I love wearing mine in the room while beautifying myself.

I am now tempted to wear it to breakfast though! Hell...I might even wear it the the comedy show, wine tasting or to walk around in port. Then I might really go to town and wear it to formal night and accessorise it with a tiara and heels. ;)

It may surprise some but Carnival also provides robes in every cabin.

Edited by Velvetwater