Let's all have a laugh at ourselves and have some FUN

kazu

I just can't read all the comments due to jet lag. One thing I wanted to mention is that one of our tablemates actually got the cook to make her "lactose free" creme brulee. The waiter was very forthcoming about offering that service for her. I thought people with that affliction were able to take pills.

Typically, yes. They can take Lactaid (Lactase enzyme) for relief.

I stopped posting because people go so N-A-S-T-Y. Thank you soooo much for this. I still just read now unless i really what to know something or help. Usually my question was answered somewhere, and than the reproaches start.

I stopped posting because people go so N-A-S-T-Y. Thank you soooo much for this. I still just read now unless i really what to know something or help. Usually my question was answered somewhere, and than the reproaches start.

If that happens again, take a deep breath and have a pice of apple pie :p

Yes, agreed about the nasty!

... there sure are a lot of know-it-alls on the HAL board.

I get a chuckle out of how self - righteous some people can get. This thread was a lot of fun!

From now on when I feel self righteous I will eat (humble) apple pie.

If we get a few more to do this, rather than call this thread silly, life would be good. This community is all about helping each other not berating each other:D

Many thanks to everyone who joined in on the fun and if I may suggest, the mantra when things get out of control should be "just be breathe and have a piece of apple pie". Some didn't get it. Many of us did :D

Now no one yell at me, I didn't write these I just copied them.....

What do you get if you cross a jogger with an apple pie ?

Puff pastry !

How do you make an apple turnover?

Push it down hill.

What did the apple say to the apple pie?

“You’ve got some crust.”

Not just Washington state - we've got the biggest crop ever on our apple tree, and I just don't know what to do with them all. If you spot a woman at the dock in Vancouver giving away bags of apples as you embark for Alaska - that'll be me.:D

And another elite group has been formed . . . .

KeepCalm.jpg

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I have half a mind to order one (no comments on the half a mind please:p)

Should we do a group order:D

I heard that part of the MasterChef activities will be for everyone to bake their versions of Apple pie. Those whose pies are not up to Chef Graham's standards will be sent home immediately. Better practice your pastry skills with that Easy Bake oven.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I heard that part of the MasterChef activities will be for everyone to bake their versions of Apple pie. Those whose pies are not up to Chef Graham's standards will be sent home immediately. Better practice your pastry skills with that Easy Bake oven.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But they won't let me take my EazyBake onboard, they say it's a fire hazard!

Love it, ger! Bon Voyage to you on the NA TA...we'll be a bit before you on the Noordam.

And Bon Voyage to you as well - try to calm the seas for us, won't you? Because I suffer from motion sickness, I'm coming armed to the teeth with ginger, Bonine, Sea Bands, and an apple pie (made with green apples, of course) for good measure.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
seplling

I had a baked apple concoction with dinner last night and heavens above there was no crust. :eek: What were they thinking as that certainly didn’t qualify as apple pie? I’m going to disregard the fact that it wasn’t advertised as “pie” and just demand a full refund. Additionally don’t you think I also ought to get at least a 50% discount on my next dinner? I’m also going to go to all the restaurant review sites and post really really bad reviews of the place. :mad: Didn’t they know in advance that I wanted pie!?! Maybe I could send multiple emails to the owner as that ought to get me special treatment. :rolleyes:

BTB - ger_77 just love the t-shirt!