Let's all have a laugh at ourselves and have some FUN

kazu

I've heard HAL is replacing the Veendam's aft retreat with a wading pool of caramel. Is that true?

Loyal cruisers on Crystal claim to be "Crystalized"..........can HAL cruisers now claim to be "caramelized"?

Just wondering...If I remove the hotel service charge from my bill, what happens to my pie? Will I have to return it? If that's my intention, should I just refuse the pie in the first place?

Thanks everyone for a really good laugh. I just got to this thread tonight.

Eat the pie before you remove the tips, then if they want it returned it's their problem.

Edited by GUT2407

I was feeling off but after all these posts no longer need an apple a day to keep the doctor away.

Now I have a tummy ache from laughing too hard.

Thanks Kazuhiro, Oceanwrench, et al. Brilliant stuff here

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was feeling off but after all these posts no longer need an apple a day to keep the doctor away.

Now I have a tummy ache from laughing too hard.

Thanks Kazuhiro, Oceanwrench, et al. Brilliant stuff here

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might not need an Apple a day, but how about an apple pie a day.

I thought she married a prince:p;)

Please, we do not need any additives to the taste of the caramel - please be considerate of your fellow cruisers. thank you:p:D

Ya mean we get a pie AND a prince !!!...I have heard there is competition between cruise lines,,,but this really takes the cake...i mean pie.:)

Edited by COLLEYBERRY

This thread is priceless! :):p I have to thank everyone for contributing and if there ever is an "apple" cruise please sign us up!!

I just did a search and came up with 10 short Apple jokes. Imagine, when I put the subject into Google I got jokes about Apple technology, not apple the fruit. My how times have changed and how I have not!

Why did the apple go to the doctor?

Because he felt rotten to the core.

What did the apple tree say to the hungry caterpillar?

Leaf me alone!

How do you hide an elephant?

Paint his toenails red and put him in an apple tree!

Why didn't Noah like apples?

Because he preferred pears (pairs)!

What kind of apple has a bad temper?

A crab apple!

Why did the apple cry?

It's peelings were hurt!

Why was the apple alone with the orange?

Because the banana split!

Why did the apple stop running?

He ran out of juice!

How do you make an apple turnover?

Push it down hill!

What do you call an apple with tummy problems?

A tooty fruity!

Is there any truth to the rumor that Applebee's is replacing the Pinnacle Grill on all ship? People wanted a less expensive dining option and have been complaining about the surcharge in the Pinnacle....

Edited by innlady1

I know skeet shooting has disappeared from cruise ships for many years now

But archery may make a big comeback in the all new William Tell Lounges , coming soon to a HAL ship near you :)

I hope they will be playing the William Tell Overture. The experience just won't be the same without it. Who should I send my spectacular suggestion to? I want to make sure it happens:p

I know skeet shooting has disappeared from cruise ships for many years now

But archery may make a big comeback in the all new William Tell Lounges , coming soon to a HAL ship near you :)

Archery ... it is making a comeback thanks to Hunger Games!

If Jennifer Lawrence is made an onboard celebrity archer I think HAL sales will go way up. Well other things will go up too but sales I bet are one. ;)

I'd book that cruise in an Big Apple minute!

I hope they will be playing the William Tell Overture. The experience just won't be the same without it. Who should I send my spectacular suggestion to? I want to make sure it happens:p

Well you know with all the cutbacks, they might just play Lone Ranger reruns on a tv set. *LOL*

Archery ... it is making a comeback thanks to Hunger Games!

If Jennifer Lawrence is made an onboard celebrity archer I think HAL sales will go way up. Well other things will go up too but sales I bet are one. ;)

I'd book that cruise in an Big Apple minute!

Bad bad bad:D:D

Is there any truth to the rumor that Applebee's is replacing the Pinnacle Grill on all ship? People wanted a less expensive dining option and have been complaining about the surcharge in the Pinnacle....

I heard the same thing! :eek: It MUST be the truth!

What will they do with all that fancy china?

Maybe they will give it away instead of tiles. Frequent cruisers will end up with a service for eight in no time.

It's amazing how something as innocent as an apple pie has created such a ripple in the cruise industry!

Oh Dear didn't realize that some have never heard of Apple Pan Dowdy.. There once was a song about it: "Shoo Fly Pie & Apple Pan Dowdy"

Here are 10 recipes:

http://www.momsfreerecipes.com/?a=455002&s1=googsearch&s2=&s3=&title=Top+10+Apple+Pan+Dowdy+Recipes&headline=Apple+Pan+Dowdy&image=http://www.prodlinks.com/images/apple-pan-dowdy.jpg

Thank you for all the information about Apple Pan Dowdy. Since I don't want to be accused of wearing dowdy clothes, I was concerned about eating apples that are dowdy. rolleyes:

Edited by NMLady

I heard they were bringing back trays to hold all this pie!

Yes, you are right. I have it on a very good source (very upper but of course I can't quote it as I don't want him to lose his job) that indeed the trays will be back for the pies. But ONLY the pies. After that they will be collected. They will NOT be allowed in the Lido - only in the aft at the caramel pool. ;) I know, I have connections:p:D

Slightly off topic but this is my favorite rendition:

And if we are lucky, they might be able to program the ships horns to play William Tell Overture when they sail out of FLL.

Only on the Westerdam:):D assuming she wants to keep her title of Queen of Horns.

Edited by kazu

Yes, you are right. I have it on a very good source (very upper but of course I can't quote it as I don't want him to lose his job) that indeed the trays will be back for the pies. But ONLY the pies. After that they will be collected. They will NOT be allowed in the Lido - only in the aft at the caramel pool. ;) I know, I have connections:p:D

That is only on ships sailing to the Caribbean. Ships sailing to Alaska or the Med it is reversed . The trays will be out on Lido, BUT cannot be used for pie.

This was told to me by the Director of Pies and Trays on The Eurodam ,who is a third cousin twice removed on my mother's side. But I cannot tell you his name because he really doesn't exist. :)

I just can't read all the comments due to jet lag. One thing I wanted to mention is that one of our tablemates actually got the cook to make her "lactose free" creme brulee. The waiter was very forthcoming about offering that service for her. I thought people with that affliction were able to take pills.