Let's all have a laugh at ourselves and have some FUN

kazu

Did you have the tip removed from your bill? I would write to the office of the President if I were you. Maybe you can get a free dinner and a plateful of chocolate covered apples on your next visit.

Regardless of how good the rest of the meal was of course I removed the tip, after all no crust on my "it wasn't pie" dish! But, it better be caramel covered apples or I'll have to complain again. ;)

I know that it’s up to me to find the good, to be positive regardless of what’s happening around me. I no longer point fingers and place blame.

I realize that everything happens how it happens, and it’s up to me to choose how I want to feel about it.

I know that it’s up to me to find the good, to be positive regardless of what’s happening around me. I no longer point fingers and place blame.

I realize that everything happens how it happens, and it’s up to me to choose how I want to feel about it.

so are you saying you are an apple/glass half full person? :p;)

I am packing for my cruise next week and am wondering if the room steward can provide an apple peeler or do I need to pack one? Also, how about a knife to cut my pie with?

They only have one peeler, and it might take an hour to get there, and he will stand there while you peel because he needs it back for the next person. Just like the bottle opener. So pack your own. Hmm, the knife is another conundrum - security might confiscate it.:rolleyes:

I am packing for my cruise next week and am wondering if the room steward can provide an apple peeler or do I need to pack one? Also, how about a knife to cut my pie with?

They only have one peeler, and it might take an hour to get there, and he will stand there while you peel because he needs it back for the next person. Just like the bottle opener. So pack your own. Hmm, the knife is another conundrum - security might confiscate it.:rolleyes:

Does each suite have its own peeler and knife?

Why all this talk of apple peelers and knives, don't they peel and cut the apples before they make the pie? Or is this just more cost cutting [as opposed to apple cutting].

some of us want apples to go with our apple pie:D and we EXPECT the appropriate instruments to make the peeling and cutting easy:p

I don't want mine peeled early, it will go brown.

do I have to call in advance to make sure they don't peel my apples???:p

some of us want apples to go with our apple pie:D and we EXPECT the appropriate instruments to make the peeling and cutting easy:p

I don't want mine peeled early, it will go brown.

do I have to call in advance to make sure they don't peel my apples???:p

And this is why my next cruise isn't with HAL I'm getting lemon meringue pie so no worries about browning apples. Plus it is all so complicated.

And this is why my next cruise isn't with HAL I'm getting lemon meringue pie so no worries about browning apples. Plus it is all so complicated.

But if you sprinkle your apple slices with lemon juice they won't go brown. So add a lemon to your list of requirements for when you board. Instead of unpacking your could be having fun peeling and slicing apples and trickling lemon juice over them. What a great start to a cruise.:D

Not just Washington state - we've got the biggest crop ever on our apple tree, and I just don't know what to do with them all. If you spot a woman at the dock in Vancouver giving away bags of apples as you embark for Alaska - that'll be me.:D

I would like to help you out. Does anyone know if they will deliver a bag of apples to my cabin if I just slap a label on it?

Now I know that some of you will be saying that I'm ruining things regarding HAL's current permissive attitude toward unlimited apple carry on, but I really must have my specific type of apples. You know -- red ones to go with certain meals, white ones for enjoying on my veranda....

I find HAL's current apple list to be sadly lacking.

Here's my problem - I love apple pie, but don't want all the carbs from the crust, soooo I am going to ask to just have the apples and brown sugar left in my room. In order to prevent them from browning, I toss them in either Sprite or Ginger Ale (don't want them being too tart!). Because I am not getting the pie, I would expect that I should have a can of either Sprite or Ginger Ale gratis . . . who do I speak to about getting the cost of the soda removed from my bill if it shows up there?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I just heard that HAL will only allow me to carry on 1 apple when boarding for the entire cruise.

This is dreadful news. We like to go to different countries and sample all of the apples in each port.

The owners of the apple orchards aren't going to be very happy. How can HAL book excursions to apple orchards and then,not allow passengers to bring back those fresh apples from the orchard they visited on the excursion?

Dontcha know that if I'm not able to have a sliced apple on my veranda when sailing away,then there's just no sense in cruising.

What about B2B cruises. When we get back to port on turnaround day,will I be allowed to take a taxi to a fruit stand and purchase another apple for the second leg of the cruise,or will they deny me and tell me,it's one booking number and hold my apple till the last night of the cruise?

Time for me to go to Facebook and start an apple petition

I just heard that HAL will only allow me to carry on 1 apple when boarding for the entire cruise.

This is dreadful news. We like to go to different countries and sample all of the apples in each port.

The owners of the apple orchards aren't going to be very happy. How can HAL book excursions to apple orchards and then,not allow passengers to bring back those fresh apples from the orchard they visited on the excursion?

Dontcha know that if I'm not able to have a sliced apple on my veranda when sailing away,then there's just no sense in cruising.

What about B2B cruises. When we get back to port on turnaround day,will I be allowed to take a taxi to a fruit stand and purchase another apple for the second leg of the cruise,or will they deny me and tell me,it's one booking number and hold my apple till the last night of the cruise?

If I do buy an apple while ashore will HAL make my pie out of that apple? or does it have to be their inferior apples.

I heard that the your room steward will be happy to fill the little fruit basket in your stateroom with apples. But he will leave only red apples for rooms on the port side of the ship (red apples - red wine - port) and green ones for rooms on the starboard. That should help everyone remember on which side of the ship their stateroom is located.

Please check the Know before you go facts.

You can bring as many apples as you want on board in ports or embarkation. You just need to pay the COREkage fee for any extra apples :D

No problem at all:D

Please check the Know before you go facts.

You can bring as many apples as you want on board in ports or embarkation. You just need to pay the COREkage fee for any extra apples :D

No problem at all:D

But you have to eat the stickers they put on the apples so they know you haven't stuck the sticker on a smuggled apple!

Pack your own travel peeler.;)

Is there a security issue with peelers, they do have those sharp edges.

Will my peeler be confiscated upon embarcation and returned at the end of the cruise?

I would hate to have to peel my apples with one of those steak knives from the MDR.

Who do I cantact to resolve these issues?