Let's all have a laugh at ourselves and have some FUN

kazu

Pack your own travel peeler.;)

Seriously? :rolleyes: We got an upsell offer and we weren't sure we should spend the extra $99 each to go from an oceanview to a suite. The only reason my DH agreed was we were certain we would have an apple peeler supplied.

I'm already disappointed with HAL :mad:

:D

Seriously? :rolleyes: We got an upsell offer and we weren't sure we should spend the extra $99 each to go from an oceanview to a suite. The only reason my DH agreed was we were certain we would have an apple peeler supplied.

I'm already disappointed with HAL :mad:

:D

There may be a few on board - so you should contact your Travel Agent and have her reserve one for you in your suite. If it doesn't appear, you can get your concierge look into it for you. Good luck!

There may be a few on board - so you should contact your Travel Agent and have her reserve one for you in your suite. If it doesn't appear, you can get your concierge look into it for you. Good luck!

The bartender have them as well - but they stand there and expect you to return them. Just say no - you need your apple peeler all cruise:D

Look! What's the big deal? I just want to exchange my apple pie for escargot!:mad:

I'm on your side - I only like my apples raw anyways so escargot all the way for me thanks :p:D:D

The bartender have them as well - but they stand there and expect you to return them. Just say no - you need your apple peeler all cruise:D

The cabin steward will also bring you an apple peeler but will expect to get it back when he services your cabin that night. If it's not there for him to get, then no chocolates for you!

Look! What's the big deal? I just want to exchange my apple pie for escargot!

Sorry, no substitutions . . . it's either apple pie or nothing. Your choice. However, if you choose nothing, please put my name, sailing, and cabin number down for your pie. Thank you.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Sorry, no substitutions . . . it's either apple pie or nothing. Your choice. However, if you choose nothing, please put my name, sailing, and cabin number down for your pie. Thank you.

Gerry

FUNNY! :D Enjoy your TA and MY apple pie. Better still, switch sailings and come on my TA. BTW, may I have your escargot?

FUNNY! Enjoy your TA and MY apple pie. Better still, switch sailings and come on my TA. BTW, may I have your escargot?

Thanks for the apple pie - mm, mm, good. I'd love to switch sailings, but we've got all our air and hotels scheduled and can't do it, unfortunately. Now about the escargot . . . I usually order double, but for you Chelly, I'll only order a single and let you have my 2nd, how's that?

Have an awesome time on your T/A on the Noordam!

Gerry

Quote "OMG - I just realized what the new ship's name will be.

No wonder HAL has kept it a secret -

It WILL BE APPLE PIE/AMERICAN APPLE PIE/ AMERICAN PIE."

My vote is for the APPLEDAM

Of course, why didn't I think of that ? ? ? They'll probably switch from Elemis products to apple-scented shower gels, etc. Maybe for the Appledam, they'll break from tradition and the exterior paint will be Candy-Apple Red and White !!!! The penthouse will now be known as the "treehouse" and the Pinnacle will become "Blossoms" . . . . . :D

and Adagio will switch their play list from funereal music to "its cherry pink and apple blossom white" followed by "bye bye miss american pie"

No, wait ! ! ! That'll become the ship's theme song - can't you just picture it? Being on the Appledam, leaving the beautiful port of Venice, and instead of hearing "A Time To Say Goodbye", people will be standing on the outer decks, arms around each other's shoulders in true brotherly fashion, singing at the top of their lungs "BYE, BYE, MISS AMERICAN PIE, DROVE MY CHEVY TO THE LEVY, BUT THE LEVY WAS DRY" . . . . . sigh

No, wait ! ! ! That'll become the ship's theme song - can't you just picture it? Being on the Appledam, leaving the beautiful port of Venice, and instead of hearing "A Time To Say Goodbye", people will be standing on the outer decks, arms around each other's shoulders in true brotherly fashion, singing at the top of their lungs "BYE, BYE, MISS AMERICAN PIE, DROVE MY CHEVY TO THE LEVY, BUT THE LEVY WAS DRY" . . . . . sigh

Tears in my eyes at the image. I swear!

And the buffet can be called Johnny Appleseed's.

Wouldn't she have to be the Appeldam?

Yes Yes...In Dutch it is spelled Appel so it has to be the "Appeldam"

not Appledam...So the Buffet will have to be Jan Appelseeds (DH's father, from the Hague was called Jan, but DH is called John

Edited by serendipity1499

I just heard from my third cousin's friend's neighbor who know some one who works for HAL, that HAL will be growing their own apples on board their ships. HAL is removing all decorative plants from their pots and replacing them with large apple trees. Each ship will have hosted apple tour daily (for a small fee). There will be apple picking in season which PAX may enjoy partaking in.

I just heard from my third cousin's friend's neighbor who know some one who works for HAL, that HAL will be growing their own apples on board their ships. HAL is removing all decorative plants from their pots and replacing them with large apple trees. Each ship will have hosted apple tour daily (for a small fee). There will be apple picking in season which PAX may enjoy partaking in.

Awesome! I'm going to check to see if that's one of the activities they'll have on our upcoming T/A. I'd rather pick apples than choose one of their other offerings like washing dishes, folding laundry, mopping floors, etc. (I think that activity was listed as Live Like A Crew Member For Half A Day - $199 pp).

Well, if they let me do the apple picking activity on the ship, I really want to bring along my Easy Bake Oven and make my own dutch appeltaart. I think my recipe is better than HAL. And maybe I could supplement my cruise fare by selling some either to other passengers or back to the ship.

So, a seven day cruise....I could bake maybe 10 a day......70 pies.....at $15 each(plus 15% gratuity)....I can cruise for free.:D But I will have to take another cruise to enjoy the ports as I will be way to busy baking on the first cruise.:(

I just heard from the lady down the street, who's sister knows one of HAL dock side personal who knows the chef. She said they HAL's apple picking fee will be by the apple not by the pound. And if you need a ladder to pick from the tree tops, there will be an extra charge according to how many steps there are on the ladder you need.