Big No No´s

Germancruiser

You know, I haven't posted in quite a while, what with the usual repeat postings asking the same questions which you guys have all answered numerous times but you have all just made my day!!

I wondered where this post came from/was going and what it alluded to but boy was it one of the funniest I have read in a long while (small things please small minds some might say!!!)

Anyway, thanks again

All the best,

Lyn

UK

Edited by Lyn Mc

Captain Schettino NOT at the helm ,but visiting his girlfriend back in his suite.

Besides being in his suite he was also at a seminar lecturing about panic management! :eek::eek::eek:

Captain Coward was invited by a professor to speak for two hours at a criminology seminar linked to Rome's La Sapienza university.

"I was called to speak because I am an expert. I had to talk about panic management," Schettino told La N a z ione daily, saying he had used a 3D model of the doomed Costa Concordia to demonstrate how emergency evacuations are carried out.

"I know what to do in these sorts of situations," he said. *** :eek:

Schettino is accused of refusing to give the order to evacuate until the vast ship had begun to topple over, despite knowing it was sinking from a hole torn in the side after he struck rocks off the Tuscan island of Giglio.

The prosecution says the delay meant lifeboats on one side of the ship could no longer be launched, forcing panicked people to jump into the freezing sea.

Disbelief turned to outrage after the former captain went on to compare the Concordia shipwreck to the September 11 attacks on New York's World Trade Centre, La N a z ione said.

OMG seriously? What was he thinking? He must have lost a few rocks when he hit his head falling into the lifeboat.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Oh dear- what an unsupected turn this thread took- but a funny one I have to admit- and a day without a good laugh is a lost one-I once read- so true!

Well I was refering to a poster here who mentioned bed bugs on board Summit- the whole thing vanished into thin air. Thats what brought me to " name that thread" the way I did! I quite understand now- nobody wants to know about " bed bugs" - beastly things!

Greetings

Michael

Oh dear- what an unsupected turn this thread took- but a funny one I have to admit- and a day without a good laugh is a lost one-I once read- so true!

Well I was refering to a poster here who mentioned bed bugs on board Summit- the whole thing vanished into thin air. Thats what brought me to " name that thread" the way I did! I quite understand now- nobody wants to know about " bed bugs" - beastly things!

Greetings

Michael

The OP of the missing thread started with a post to an existing thread on bed bugs. For reasons best known to her, she then started a new thread with exactly the same information. If that wasn't enough, she turned around a couple of hours later and started yet another new thread, repeating her information verbatim for the third time. Her original post is still here but the two duplicates were apparently zapped.

Just as well, as this is a great deal more fun! :D

Bed Bugs are a BIG No no- no matter where they turn up!

What an ignorant post........ Why would one inflame the crowds. I would speculate the majority has no clue what a bed bug looks like. A bug in the bed does not make a bed bug. Jeez...

As someone who was eaten alive by Bed-bugs on a trip to Florida a few years ago, it is wonderful to be laughing out loud reading this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ya otherwise bed bugs are no laughing matter... That is for sure !!

We ran into them once several years ago on vacation... Truly a pain. Fortunately they didn't come home with us in that I read on-line how best to deal with them (extreme HEAT or COLD).

We now have changed how we travel, and have been fortunate to have never encountered them again:

1- Read TripAdvisor religiously before booking a Hotel

2- Do a room / bed inspection when we arrive in our room.

3- Use the luggage stands... And NEVER put our bags on anything that is textile (bed, sofa / chairs or carpet)

4- Report any issues verbally & inwriting to the Hotel (a lot can be learned by how a Hotel reacts to the info provided)

5- Once home, unpack in the garage, and immediately launder all our clothing. If it cannot be laundered / go in the dryer it either goes out to the drycleaners or goes in a huge ziplock bag and into the freezer for a few days

6- Store our empty luggage in the garage... Living in Canada this means we have ideal conditions for killing off bed bugs... Hot in the summer, and Freezing in the winter.

Like I said we've never had another encounter... And don't want one.

Have known folks who brought the buggers home and spent tons of money getting them eradicated from their homes. No thanks.

Nasty topic... But a fact of travel. Bedbugs are not selective... Even 5 Star Hotels can get them as they "hitch-hike a ride" on other Travellers (and not a sign of cleanliness overall as many people assume)

Hope this info helps someone,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB