El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Just got the third confirmation!

Edit: Sorry, was so excited that I forgot to answer the question. Yeah, this shouldn't affect our days at all, since it's less than 30 days and begins/ends in Australia.

Great! So you got your cruise and can also see your mum. Bonus

Thanks all. Just made the actual payments. Still have to book airfare, but that shouldn't be an issue. If anyone runs into my mom, don't tell her that it was cheaper if she came with us. I told her we were paying for her cruise (I mean, TECHNICALLY I am...). It's all good, we're covering some of her airfare too.

Awesome price, and we've been on Voyager before and enjoyed it (Freedom of the Seas spoiled us a bit though). Too bad it doesn't visit Christchurch, but for that price I'm not complaining.

Thanks all. Just made the actual payments. Still have to book airfare, but that shouldn't be an issue. If anyone runs into my mom, don't tell her that it was cheaper if she came with us. I told her we were paying for her cruise (I mean, TECHNICALLY I am...). It's all good, we're covering some of her airfare too.

Awesome price, and we've been on Voyager before and enjoyed it (Freedom of the Seas spoiled us a bit though). Too bad it doesn't visit Christchurch, but for that price I'm not complaining.

Your mum will enjoy every second she has with her family! Bet she is just as excited

Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas

Cruise Code: VY01APR15

Departure Date: Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Cruise Name: Fremantle to Singapore

Nights: 14

Departing: Fremantle (Perth

Interior Stateroom (Guaranteed) twin $739

Single $1164

Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas

Cruise Code: VY01APR15

Departure Date: Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Cruise Name: Fremantle to Singapore

Nights: 14

Departing: Fremantle (Perth

Interior Stateroom (Guaranteed) twin $739

Single $1164

This one just keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. The B2B to Tokyo as a double is even better.:D

Ship Name: Pacific Jewel

Cruise Code: J522

Cruise Departure Date: Friday, 5 June 2015

Cruise Name: Singapore - Brisbane

Nights: 16

Departing: One way economy airfare from SYD or OOL included, plus

2 Nights accommodation in Singapore + other extra's

Interior Stateroom from $1599;)

Several days a go I recieved Email from Celebrity for special event cruise Anzac day 100th Anniversary Celebrations in Turkey. 12 nights from Rome return departing April 22. From $A714 but priceless.

Great price.

I know a few who would have jumped at that, I had also looked at that cruise a year back but booked something else.:D

We booked that March 16 Voyager of the Seas cruise.

What is the best way to get from Freemantle to Perth Airport. Taxi, bus? How much should we expect to pay?

Thanks

Very difficult and fiddly by public transport The taxi will cost up to $50 depending on time of day Early morning is slightly less

Very difficult and fiddly by public transport The taxi will cost up to $50 depending on time of day Early morning is slightly less

Agreed, there is a train to Perth CBD and also ferries and then a bus from Perth CBD to the airport, with luggage in tow, makes it quite difficult. I would see if there is a shuttle organised by the ship and check the price or just take a taxi.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

We booked that March 16 Voyager of the Seas cruise.

What is the best way to get from Freemantle to Perth Airport. Taxi, bus? How much should we expect to pay?

Thanks

Look at ship shuttle.

Taxi will be expensive $75 or close too if in peek hour [now for 4 that might be less than the shuttle].

Train to Pert and then bus will be a PITA.

Look at ship shuttle.

Taxi will be expensive $75 or close too if in peek hour [now for 4 that might be less than the shuttle].

Train to Pert and then bus will be a PITA.

The four times we have used taxi it was between $43 and $50 $75 would be a very bad journey or a bad taxi driver

The four times we have used taxi it was between $43 and $50 $75 would be a very bad journey or a bad taxi driver

was being a bt cautions a few years ago 6 I think ours was $60 or $65 and I figured with a bit of inflation and a bit more traffic $75 would be close, and yes it was a B of a trip. Road works and an accident, things you can't know about but that can add $$$$$ to the taxi cost.

Agreed, there is a train to Perth CBD and also ferries and then a bus from Perth CBD to the airport, with luggage in tow, makes it quite difficult. I would see if there is a shuttle organised by the ship and check the price or just take a taxi.:D

The train and bus are okay though, if you prefer to go that way. Decent service on both. Just depends what you prefer.

The train and bus are okay though, if you prefer to go that way. Decent service on both. Just depends what you prefer.[/QUOT

The trouble is there is still a gap between Perth airport and Perth station and this also would need a bus (2) or a taxi

The train and bus are okay though, if you prefer to go that way. Decent service on both. Just depends what you prefer.[/QUOT

The trouble is there is still a gap between Perth airport and Perth station and this also would need a bus (2) or a taxi

Fremantle train goes to Perth CBD, and the bus also goes from there, a couple of blocks away (level) as I recall...?

Hi all,

I picked up a bargain today on Carnival Spirit in their 72 hour sale.

27 May - 9 nights Ex Syd Balcony Guarantee for under $800.00pp twin

Amazing value. Not travelled Carnival previously, but at that price I couldn't pass it up.

Hi all,

I picked up a bargain today on Carnival Spirit in their 72 hour sale.

27 May - 9 nights Ex Syd Balcony Guarantee for under $800.00pp twin

Amazing value. Not travelled Carnival previously, but at that price I couldn't pass it up.

That's a pretty good price. We paid $999 pp for an 11 night balcony guarantee in November. The Music Manila Band in the Club Cool every night are great if you like Rock and Roll and the singers from the show also sing there occasionally. While The Captain watches from the back of the room. The production shows on the Spirit was excellent.

Edited by cruisine21