El Cheapo Cruises Thread

I know the prices have been reducing but the market is by no means saturated yet.

I think it is more a case of enticing people to cruise who have never cruised before or have not cruised with that line before and once they are addicted (we all know it will happen), then they can increase costs.

The market will sort itself out.

Add up the numbers that are needed to fill all the ships down here

and thats a lot of people going to bed on the ocean

each and every night..:D:D

But while we still have a small market, it is the fastest growing in the world.

We live in Canada and usually book with an on line US TA.

BUT, we have been researching prices and it appears that, from time to time, pricing on Australian TA websites for Australian cruises are better priced than on our usual site. Did a price compare on the recent Diamond sale and saw a 20 percent or more delta.

We do not want to ask an OZ on line or regular TA if they will accept our booking given that we are from Canada. We do not want to 'compromise' the agent/agency by asking this upfront.

BUT, we do have an Australian accommodation address (friends) that we could use in a pinch.

So, for those in the know, will a OZ online TA accept our booking with our home address, should we use an OZ address, and do the cruise lines do anything silly like check you home address against where/how you booked the cruise?

Thanks very much. Looking very much forward to coming back to Australia again for a visit! Lots of snow here today.

Edited by iancal

BUT, we have been researching prices and it appears that, from time to time, pricing on Australian TA websites for Australian cruises are better priced than on our usual site. Did a price compare on the recent Diamond sale and saw a 20 percent or more delta.

We do not want to ask an OZ on line or regular TA if they will accept our booking given that we are from Canada. We do not want to 'compromise' the agent/agency by asking this upfront.

BUT, we do have an Australian accommodation address (friends) that we could use in a pinch.

So, for those in the know, will a OZ online TA accept our booking with our home address, should we use an OZ address, and do the cruise lines do anything silly like check you home address against where/how you booked the cruise?

Thanks very much. Looking very much forward to coming back to Australia again for a visit! Lots of snow here today.

In short I do not know, but I have never seen any restrictions on customer address for using an Aussie TA.

Friends from England have certainly used them and do not have an aussie address but they were staying (extended stay) in Australia at the time. :D

You may be able to get around the address part that way, but unless you're a new Princess cruiser and happy to not get credits and/or have a Princess AU sailing account (or a separate one), you'll likely get picked up if you try to link to your existing CA profile.

I noticed that the pricing had gone down again on this cruise. Only seen it directly on the Princess website.

ASIA & AUSTRALIA

19 Days From Sydney, Australia to Singapore

Diamond Princess leaving 27 March 2015

Interior: From $1399 pp

Ocean view From $2099 pp

Edited by icat2000

Cunard has 10 day sale at the moment for world voyage 2015 sectors from $99 per day. Many options available both to and from Sydney or anything in between. As example QM2 Hong Kong to Darwin 10 nights $1069 for inside, $A 1379 balcony of $A2199 for princess Grill suite.

Cunard has 10 day sale at the moment for world voyage 2015 sectors from $99 per day. Many options available both to and from Sydney or anything in between. As example QM2 Hong Kong to Darwin 10 nights $1069 for inside, $A 1379 balcony of $A2199 for princess Grill suite.

These are great prices and worth an adventure, I will be on her for Freo to Capetown next year.:D

This looks like a good deal. No kids on this ship.

Ship Name: Arcadia Cruise Code: PJ501SFOBNE Departure Date: Saturday, 31 January 2015 Cruise Name: San Francisco to Brisbane Nights: 23 Departing: San Francisco, United States

Inside cabin $2222 per person.

And this relocation cruise is starting to come down in price too

Ship Name: Diamond Princess Cruise Code: M527 Departure Date: Sunday, 6 September 2015 Cruise Name: Japan to Sydney Nights: 23 Departing: Yokohama, Japan

Inside from $1899 or Oceanview $2299

What was that cost per head per night Mic, if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers R

:cool:

It is hard to say, we have purchased a cruise/tour/Fly package which includes everthing. At the time we had tried to break it down and due to the safari part of the trip it became very difficult, we estimated around $150-200 per night per person in a balcony cabin. Either way it was a great deal and is much better and cheaper than what we could do it for.

Edited by MicCanberra

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone ,

Just received my Tuesday email early ,today,normally a accommodation site,but they have started to show discount cruises.

Great deal for Pacific Pearl,inside cabin $549 twin or $599 for outside cabin. 7 nights, only 2 ports but still good pricing .P&O Pearl 18th Jan 2015.think it will sell out fast

Cheers Deb

just thought i'd bump this up

the OZ site is still doing auctions but you have to register to browse the site, they still have bargains if anyone is interested

we are booked out for now, need more leave or I would jump at some of the low fares or even try the auction.:D

Ship Name: Rhapsody Of The Seas Cruise Code: RH17JAN15 Departure Date: Saturday, 17 January 2015 Cruise Name: South Pacific Nights: 11 Departing: Sydney - Australia

From inside $873 pp or oceanview $973 pp

I am keeping an eye on this. There are a large amount of unbooked cabins for a cruise that departs in a few weeks. Particularly OV and JS. Prices may drop a lot lower yet if they want to fill the ship.

I am keeping an eye on this. There are a large amount of unbooked cabins for a cruise that departs in a few weeks. Particularly OV and JS. Prices may drop a lot lower yet if they want to fill the ship.

I can't go cause I have plans to cruise at end of March on the Diamond Princess. But there are some baragins around if your prepared to wait and you can go at a drop of hat.