How About Wearing Socks with Sandals?

Chelly

The thread questioning wearing white after Labor Day brought to mind this:

Is it still considered gauche to wear socks with sandals on a cruise?

Sometimes I wear colorful, flashy socks with my sandals....just for fun!:)

Friends don't let friends wear socks with sandals. Seriously. No socks with boat shoes, either. Please. But on the other hand, nothing is worse than a gentleman of a certain age (and they're ALWAYS of a "certain age") wearing calf-legth black dress socks with sandals and Bermuda shorts.

The thread questioning wearing white after Labor Day brought to mind this:

Is it still considered gauche to wear socks with sandals on a cruise?

Sometimes I wear colorful, flashy socks with my sandals....just for fun!:)

I never let fashion or other's opinions dictate what I wear.

Socks with sandals? White after Labor Day? Plaid with print? Knee socks with Bermuda Shorts? Who cares?

I don't. I ignore the 'fashion police'.

Edited by NMLady

Wearing socks with sandals is simply "dorkey" but many folks have no problem with that label. It is also considered a foot fashion faux pax... So, it might be fun to post a quote from the "Book of Rules"

"Americans are constantly videotaped, and with the popularity of the Internet, many sock-and-sandal wearers are unfortunately viewed worldwide. These individuals often symbolize American society, one of the causes of the decline of American popularity in recent years."

We suspect that men wearing baseball caps indoors (and even in the MDR on cruise ships) has also contributed to the decline of the US as a fashion trend setter. That practice also stamps the hat wearers as lacking taste and good manners.

Hank

When people wear socks with sandals at our SC beaches, we know they are our much appreciated tourist down for a visit. :D

LuLu

Oh Lulu ... how right you are ... and add what babyher posted above...

"You need the full effect ....add a fedora , a metal detector a white undershirt and a Hawaiian print shirt over that unbuttoned."

How many have you seen - even out to dinner - dressed that way ???? :D:D

I really thought the socks with sandals was a peculiar look until my grandsons began wearing them with their Nike sandals, sometimes even with dark socks! :rolleyes: Now I don't even notice the trend.:D

Thanks for your funny post. We live near several colleges and over the years I've seen so many of the students wearing socks with their sandals I too don't even notice anymore. I will say though, it is the guys wearing this "look" much more than the girls.

Oh Lulu ... how right you are ... and add what babyher posted above...

"You need the full effect ....add a fedora , a metal detector a white undershirt and a Hawaiian print shirt over that unbuttoned."

How many have you seen - even out to dinner - dressed that way ???? :D:D

Definitely out to dinner! :D

But you and I don't care what they bring to wear as long as they bring MONEY to $pend! ;)

LuLu

Definitely out to dinner! :D

But you and I don't care what they bring to wear as long as they bring MONEY to $pend! ;)

LuLu

Yeah but the one's that dress like that usually are there for The Early Bird so you aren't making that much *LOL*