2015 Pacific Coastals on website

sunviking90

Thanks for the heads up - I just checked yesterday and nothing then.

Very disappointed in the 2015 offerings - all are 1-4 days only. For those of us flying in, it is very hard to justify cost wise. I really like the 5 day ones, and especially the 6 day.

One new thing is the Noordam being on the schedule. I would love to try out that ship.

DaveOKC

Thanks for the heads up. The Noordam cruise I was interested in only has a short stay in Victoria. Not enough time to really do anything, and there are no other port stops.

Roz

I agree with Dave, they are disappointing. They all skip the entire West Coast! They start in San Diego, 3 sea days then the obligatory stop in Victoria. It doesn't even seem like HAL is trying with these.

-Paul

Yes, HAL seems to make very little effort with these. They seem to be truly to get the ship from point A to point B with nothing in between. The other lines doing coastals offer 5-7 days and some nice ports along the way.

We are doing a 5 day on the Westerdam in a few weeks that actually stops in Catalina and San Francisco. It was more expensive than the HAL coastals we've done in the past and also sold out long ago. I would think they would see this as a good thing. The 4 days ones with with a single stop in Astoria seem to be hard to fill and sell at rock bottom prices last minute.

We are in Vancouver though and they still make really nice getaway with minimal flying and maximum sea days which we love.

For those of us who enjoy the coastal repositioning cruises, they are now showing the 2015 sailings on HAL's website.

Our PCC called us August 26th when the cabins were released and we snagged the remaining PS for the May 5, 2015 4-day Pacific Coastal cruise on the Noordam. Others on our Roll call booked the same day, and will also continue on the May 9th Alaskan cruise.

We transferred the cruise the same day to our TA and received a great discount. Staying on the ship eleven days are more appealing to us than the seven day cruises.

Our PCC called us August 26th when the cabins were released and we snagged the remaining PS for the May 5, 2015 4-day Pacific Coastal cruise on the Noordam. Others on our Roll call booked the same day, and will also continue on the May 9th Alaskan cruise.

We transferred the cruise the same day to our TA and received a great discount. Staying on the ship eleven days are more appealing to us than the seven day cruises.

totally agree - 11 day cruises are far more appealing than 7 days:D

I can't fathom booking this on it's own (probably because it's too far to fly for us) but tacked on to another cruise - it's a nice add on and sea days are just fine by us:D

Yes, HAL seems to make very little effort with these. They seem to be truly to get the ship from point A to point B with nothing in between. The other lines doing coastals offer 5-7 days and some nice ports along the way.

We are doing a 5 day on the Westerdam in a few weeks that actually stops in Catalina and San Francisco. It was more expensive than the HAL coastals we've done in the past and also sold out long ago. I would think they would see this as a good thing. The 4 days ones with with a single stop in Astoria seem to be hard to fill and sell at rock bottom prices last minute.

We are in Vancouver though and they still make really nice getaway with minimal flying and maximum sea days which we love.

We took the 5-day coastal on the Westerdam in May 2011 from San Diego to Vancouver. We had stops in Victoria (which we love) and Astoria, which was a delightful town. We are on the 4-day Pacific Coastal on the Noordam in May 2015, and would love if they had stretched it out another day to stop in Astoria.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up about the repositioning 2015 cruises being up on their web site now.

I don't understand why everyone is complaining, these 3/4 day repositioning cruises are the same that Hal has been doing for years, to get their ships from point A to point B.

Though it would be nice if they did do some longer coastal cruises, but realize most of their ships are coming from farther away then just SD. Like the Noordam will be coming from FLL doing a Panama cruise, with many of their cruisers going on to Vancouver. If you add to many days to that trip, I think it becomes a harder sell. I believe Hal would rather sell those 18 days, then do a 4/5 day cruise, which Hal seems to sells at a reduced rate. I know many times when they have listed like Port Angeles as a port, most the time they can't get in there, so now they play it safe with Victoria.

I like what Princess is doing, at the beginning/end of the Alaska season they do some actual coastal cruises. They are pretty nice but they are 7 days. We did one several years ago that we really enjoyed.

Makes me all the more glad I'm booked on the Westerdam 5-day later this month (San Francisco, Catalina, San Diego). It's definitely the best coastal we've been on (and we've been on a few).

Our anniversary is the end of September, it's a nice way to celebrate!

I'm going to check into this itinerary for 2015. Thanks for info.

I don't think I saw it listed for 2015 :(

We have done everything from one-night (never again), 3, 4 and now 5 nights. The ones that stop in San Francisco are the best IMHO.

I checked too...didn't see a five night for next year:mad: We did a four day this summer with two of our grandchildren...never again...not the grands..but the four day:D

That being said...I am thrilled I'm getting to do a 5 day on Hal with a stop in San Francisco...have wanted to do this for several years but it just never worked out...

For those of us who enjoy the coastal repositioning cruises, they are now showing the 2015 sailings on HAL's website.

I will look for discounted availability next March/April. This year I booked *last minute* on the Westerdam from San Diego to Victoria and enjoyed my first Neptune Suite. I got the impression that many passengers stayed on from FLL but there was still much available. In Victoria, I think HAL lost some money because not enough passengers booked the airport transfer and they put us in separate taxis.

That being said...I am thrilled I'm getting to do a 5 day on Hal with a stop in San Francisco...have wanted to do this for several years but it just never worked out...

I wish HAL would either port out of SF or offer more stops in SF on their Pacific Coastal cruises. I lived in the SF area for years and miss that beautiful city. We end up going to Southern California or Seattle every year to cruise with HAL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note 3 usings Forums mobile app.