C and A Starting to Enforce New Onboard Booking Change Rules

molly361

I just spoke to the D+ desk and was told if I want to change my reservation for a specific cruise that I booked onboard my OBC was going to revert to the $25 Next Cruise booking amount.

The agent said they are just starting to enforce that rule.

I know that I have read that others were successful in changing without penalty. I wonder if I got an uniformed person or if this is going to be the policy, which really is the new policy:confused:

I just spoke to the D+ desk and was told if I want to change my reservation for a specific cruise that I booked onboard my OBC was going to revert to the $25 Next Cruise booking amount.

I know that I have read that others were successful in changing without penalty. I wonder if I got an uniformed person or if this is going to be the policy, which really is the new policy:confused:

Quite a change from letting us change "a couple of times" to "once" to "none". Why am I not surprised.

I just called them back to get clarification and after checking with her supervisor I was told that it is taken on a case by case basis, there is no set policy. WHAT!!!:eek:

Well, I have to give them credit for admitting that they have no set policy.

Thanks once again for checking for us.:)

Guest maddycat

This is pretty upsetting. We've always felt comfortable booking while onboard for cruises 1 1/2 - 2 yrs. out, knowing that RCI would honor price drops before final payment. If they take away the OBC, then the only incentive for booking onboard is gone.

This is pretty upsetting. We've always felt comfortable booking while onboard for cruises 1 1/2 - 2 yrs. out, knowing that RCI would honor price drops before final payment. If they take away the OBC, then the only incentive for booking onboard is gone.

Very upsetting! I'll wait and see how this plays out. If that is indeed the case, no more booking a next cruise on board.

We did our bookings in February for the Allure TA next April. There has been a price drop, but when I phoned this week, they refused to honour the price drop and said they no longer do it. Never had this problem before - I really don't think they know what their policies are.

Is this just for changing ships (transferring the reservation) or price drops, too????:confused: If they stop honoring price drops they are going to see a big change in how many people book their cruises early. Also, a lot of people may start booking other lines that still do honor price drops.

Is this just for changing ships (transferring the reservation) or price drops, too????:confused: If they stop honoring price drops they are going to see a big change in how many people book their cruises early. Also, a lot of people may start booking other lines that still do honor price drops.

Until they change the fact that you can cancel up until final payment without penalty if you booked your cruise in North America then you can take advantage of price drops. Other countries impose penalties for changes and cancellations before final payment.

Until they change the fact that you can cancel up until final payment without penalty if you booked your cruise in North America then you can take advantage of price drops. Other countries impose penalties for changes and cancellations before final payment.

Good point. I see now that the poster with the price drop issue is from Australia. That kind of stinks for them.:(

I have never transferred a cruise on my own. RCI has cancelled cruises on me and have offered my OBC for the inconvenience, but I have not ever booked a cruise with the sole purpose of holding an OBC for another cruise. However, since RCI has changed the policy of offering the same credit for Next Cruise as they would if you booked an actual cruise onboard I can see why people do it. I would not tie up the cash for a deposit for the small OBC now being offered.

I know some who book and then change ships several times. I would guess this is a way to limit the changes.

As long as people are ultimately sailing on Royal Caribbean, it really should not make any difference to RC if they move the cruise.

This is SO un-customer-friendly, it defies understanding.

They get our money far in advance.

Ultimately, they get the rest of it and we cruise on their ships.

What more do they want?

As long as people are ultimately sailing on Royal Caribbean, it really should not make any difference to RC if they move the cruise.

This is SO un-customer-friendly, it defies understanding.

They get our money far in advance.

Ultimately, they get the rest of it and we cruise on their ships.

What more do they want?

It appears they don't want us to have much OBC. Typical short-sighted management move.

If this happens, I'd never book another unless it's a cruise I really intend to take. I normally don't have any firm plans while on board. We're normally at home when we see the deal we want.

I have no more next cruise bookings left and will book no more of them. I booked 2 real cruises as far out as they can be in order to use them to change to whatever I want when I want to. Those are the last 2 I'll book on board if they make this change.

Gina

Agreed.

I just called them back to get clarification and after checking with her supervisor I was told that it is taken on a case by case basis, there is no set policy. WHAT!!!:eek:

This is even worse than a bad consistent policy.

Gina

Good point. I see now that the poster with the price drop issue is from Australia. That kind of stinks for them.:(

I have never transferred a cruise on my own. RCI has cancelled cruises on me and have offered my OBC for the inconvenience, but I have not ever booked a cruise with the sole purpose of holding an OBC for another cruise. However, since RCI has changed the policy of offering the same credit for Next Cruise as they would if you booked an actual cruise onboard I can see why people do it. I would not tie up the cash for a deposit for the small OBC now being offered.

This is exactly what I've said. So what if it's only $200 and any interest on it would be next to nothing. It's the principle. I'm beginning to feel jerked around by RCI - corporately. Once on board it's the crew that makes it worth it, as I know many others feel.

I'm still annoyed with the little corporate decisions that affect the cruise experience - no pens, paper in staterooms or flowers in MDR.

The booking policies are increasingly unfriendly. It's the old booking/pricing policies that first attracted us to cruising with RCI. :(

Gina