Come On Celebrity--It Can't Be That Difficult

cruisead

[quote name='ECCruise']But does it work now? Worked fine earlier for me, now no go.[/quote]

Nope, not working for me now either.....so, we are all in the same
boat:rolleyes:....I know, that was bad:p

I dont get the message about re-entering the log in details any more -- I dont get that far now , it just keeps returning to the sign in windows for no result. I think we need a new smilies symbol - an extended middle finger .

[quote name='hammo']I dont get the message about re-entering the log in details any more -- I dont get that far now , it just keeps returning to the sign in windows for no result. I think we need a new smilies symbol - an extended middle finger .[/QUOTE]

This happens to me on lots of sites. Verizon and AT&T pretty frequently, but others too. Empty your cache and browsing history, try a different browser or try clearing cookies. I he that helps.

As far as comparing to Amazon, it's much more like comparing to a hotel or airline, both of which would never let the challenges continue. Amazon, while large, is actually simple in comparison. The challenge that faces the cruise lines is that while large, they are still tiny compared to airlines and hotel chains. Some cruise lines get it right. In my opinion, Celebrity has overly complex it systems that cause their challenges. I'm sure they'll abandon the structure and database eventually, but it may get really ugly when they migrate and it isn't clean. Issues ranging from individual reservations being lost to enhancements disappearing will no doubt occur.

Happy sailing.
Jenna

Happy sailing,
Jenna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Needtobespoiled
Thanks for the advice , however I regularly do the things you suggest and despite this - the same result . Really though , I should not have to do this to be able to access my reservations on the Celebrity website , dont you think ? :confused:
As for changing my browser , well that is just a little extreme to see what I have paid for. ( I use Chrome )

[quote name='hammo']Hi Needtobespoiled
Thanks for the advice , however I regularly do the things you suggest and despite this - the same result . Really though , I should not have to do this to be able to access my reservations on the Celebrity website , dont you think ? :confused:
As for changing my browser , well that is just a little extreme to see what I have paid for. ( I use Chrome )[/QUOTE]

Sometimes cache or cookie issues are out of th control of the website admin and no, I don't think what I suggested was extreme at all.

That being said, this problem was an RCI problem, not just Celebrity as I saw a report on Royal's board with similar problem.

Happy sailing,
Jenna

Clearing cookies wholesale is ridiculous when the motive is to enable access to a website that is disfunctional at best . Desired and helpful cookies enable ease of access to websites that work properly and eliminate wasting time relocating and re-logging in -- obviously . The fact is - I should be able to click on the Celebrity website and see what I have paid for - not have to adjust my computer settings .

[quote name='hammo']Clearing cookies wholesale is ridiculous when the motive is to enable access to a website that is disfunctional at best . Desired and helpful cookies enable ease of access to websites that work properly and eliminate wasting time relocating and re-logging in -- obviously . The fact is - I should be able to click on the Celebrity website and see what I have paid for - not have to adjust my computer settings .[/QUOTE]

With Chrome, you can clear back an hour, a day, etc. and no, that is not always Celebrity's fault. There are reasons your CACHE (which is what I suggested you try first, not cookies) and cookies can have issues outside of Celebrity's control, such as Chrome crashing, not that it evey happens. ;). You can also remove individual cookies, cache, etc, it just is generally a waste of time when clearing a cache is so easy.

Glad you can access your profile now.

Happy sailing,
Jenna

[quote name='ChucktownSteve']Sounds like the problem is caused by an ID-10-T infestation in the back end. :p[/quote]

Yuck - I think I caught something like that on a cruise once. Spent a lot of time in the bathroom and my back end was not in very good shape for days!

Im sorry to say this. A lot o people should not use the internet or computers at all. That does sound harsh and I'm sorry but. I am no computer expert but I know most time I'm having trouble with a website it is me or things out of the websites control. The internet is an exact science close does not work. If your ta has made changes to your reservation you may not have access other than online check-in. Some people are paranoid about updates and downloads. My mother in law is afraid to down load anything the result is all of her browsers and programs are so out of date nothing works. I'd update everything clear cookies and cache and it all works for a while and she is happy. The lesson is just because you can't make a website work don't always blame the website. Every time I read about the concerns with the website I check my reservation and all is good and I can access all. Please be patient and have some who knows what to do. I have a PhD in computer engineering on speed dial to help me.

[quote name='chief190']Im sorry to say this. A lot o people should not use the internet or computers at all. That does sound harsh and I'm sorry but. I am no computer expert but I know most time I'm having trouble with a website it is me or things out of the websites control. The internet is an exact science close does not work. If your ta has made changes to your reservation you may not have access other than online check-in. Some people are paranoid about updates and downloads. My mother in law is afraid to down load anything the result is all of her browsers and programs are so out of date nothing works. I'd update everything clear cookies and cache and it all works for a while and she is happy. The lesson is just because you can't make a website work don't always blame the website. Every time I read about the concerns with the website I check my reservation and all is good and I can access all. Please be patient and have some who knows what to do. I have a PhD in computer engineering on speed dial to help me.[/QUOTE]

I am computer savvy, have been developing websites since 1998 and no, the problem is not with the user(s). Did you try to access the site yesterday? 90% of the people here were not able to access it so unless they all suddenly turned stupid overnight it was not their problem. A house full of PhDs in computer engineering cannot help you or us if the problem is on the other end.

The website is awful. I have been sailing with Celebrity since 1999, have used the website since shortly after that time (to give you an idea, my user ID is 5 very common letters) and the problem only started 18 months-24 months ago. It hasn't got much worse (until yesterday when it vegged) but it hasn't got any better by a long shot.

The problems are not with the users. A consumer based company that wants to use their website for customer service needs to keep that site operational and in a state where a non-techie customer using virtually any internet browser can do what they need to do without running into problems and getting frustrated. Even something as basic as a customer needing to call customer service due to an internet problem and being told their browser may not be compatible is not acceptable.

Celebrity relies on the internet for advance check-in and sales of "cruise enhancements" (excursions, beverage packages, dining, etc). I'm sure they also sell a substantial percentage of their basic cruise bookings on their website as well. And even for those products where internet usage isn't required, their web site is also used as a key marketing tool. If they don't keep the site usable for even the most basic of computer users they're alienating part of their customer base.

Any customer, or potential customer, that can get through to Cruise Critic and read this forum should be able to use their web site without having problems. Edited by Lsimon

I do admit that at times the web site goes down. I also have found some of the same concerns as others search results don't reveal proper results etc. More times than not it is something I've entered wrong. I will however admit it is not the most user friendly website I have had the pleasure to use. That being said as many variables as there website has I still use it all the time to research prices and potential itineraries am am interested in. I would be interested to know what people expect perfection every time. That is not possible. Websites go down for many reasons maintenance etc. This is only meant to be my perspective as I do use the website and even in the last two years have not had any more or less concerns than with rccl website. Most of the problems I have had are after quite a bit of frustration have been my own making. Nobody wants to admit that but it is the truth.

[quote name='ChucktownSteve']Sounds like the problem is caused by an ID-10-T infestation in the back end. :p[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Eddie's Girl;44358336]LOL! Does anyone understand that?[/QUOTE]

Oh yes..... :D

We tried to look at excursions on the website today. Between us we have over forty cruises on Celebrity and have used the website each time.
It's impossible now.
One used to be able to download a PDF with all the excursions, so that you could read and browse thru them offline....no more.

[quote name='ECCruise']I am computer savvy, have been developing websites since 1998 and no, the problem is not with the user(s). Did you try to access the site yesterday? 90% of the people here were not able to access it so unless they all suddenly turned stupid overnight it was not their problem. A house full of PhDs in computer engineering cannot help you or us if the problem is on the other end.

The website is awful. I have been sailing with Celebrity since 1999, have used the website since shortly after that time (to give you an idea, my user ID is 5 very common letters) and the problem only started 18 months-24 months ago. It hasn't got much worse (until yesterday when it vegged) but it hasn't got any better by a long shot.[/QUOTE]

The above is fully correct--

First you write the code -- <X --Check>
Next you test the code --- <X --Not>
Then you promote fixed and operation code to Production <X ?>

Sadly-like the Healthcare portal in the US, X IT forgot step 2 and (SURPRISE) they are getting the same results as did the portal!!! Its like reading "How to drive a car" to a teenager and then, without any further practice/instruction, giving them your brand new L Corvette and letting them go off on their own --maybe not the best approach

[quote name='Kevnzworld']We tried to look at excursions on the website today. Between us we have over forty cruises on Celebrity and have used the website each time.
It's impossible now.
One used to be able to download a PDF with all the excursions, so that you could read and browse thru them offline....no more.[/quote]
Try this:[URL="http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions"]http://www.celebritycruises.com/plan-a-cruise/shore-excursions[/URL] Edited by patty1955

[quote name='Lois R']Hi Beth:) just wait till we sail though.....the on board experience is
really great:D......and look at all the nice folks on our roll call too;)[/QUOTE]

Hi Lois,

I agree the onboard experience is great, and I'm really looking forward to our upcoming cruise. Sometimes it gets so frustrating, though, dealing with their website. Makes me stop and think, Princess has a great onboard experience, too...AND a website that works! :)

I've had my share of problems with Celebrity's website, but I just found a travel website that makes Celebrity's look good. I know I can't give the web address, and I hope I'm not breaking the rules,but I was trying to book what's called the Reno Fun Train. The reservation system is the worst I've seen and the hotel descriptions are hilarious; Sands is really cool! Blablablabla; Bliblablo Bliblablo Bliblablo Bliblablo Bliblablo Bliblablo Bliblablo Bliblablo Bliblablo Bliblablo Bliblablo; Eldorado Reno is super mega awesome. Pretty lights too. If you try to book, it cycles back to the search page.
See, it could be worse.