Football and MUTS

4cats4me

Found this in my email box. Sorry if this has already been posted

Princess Partners with Top NFL Teams

Hey all you Football Fans!!!

Attention football fans! We're thrilled to announce Princess has partnered with four great NFL teams - Chicago Bears, Houston Texans, San Francisco 49ers, and Seattle Seahawks.

"Princess Cruises sources a large number of guests from Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, and Houston," said Gordon Ho, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing. "Not only do consumers in these markets have a passion for their home team but our research tells us that they also have a passion for exploring the world on cruise vacations. So we think that bringing the two together is a winning combination."

You won't have to worry about missing any of the action as thirteen of our cruise ships will show the most highly watched NFL games during our Game Day at Sea Parties! Every Thursday and Sunday afternoon, as well as Sunday and Monday night, guest can watch the games on our signature Movies Under the Stars® screens while sailing through the balmy waters on a Caribbean cruise or from the sun-splashed West Coast. While your clients are cheering on their team, they can enjoy their favorite nibbles like burgers, hot dogs, chips and salsa, pizza, and other party foods football fans would enjoy during a traditional stadium tailgate or while hosting their own football get-together. Beer buckets and team-inspired drink specials will add to the tailgate experience.

Last year on my NE cruise, games were shown in cabin, too! It was great! However, I don't expect to see the Packers Oct. 19 on my Canary Island cruise! :) Too bad they already played the Bears!

It was great fun watching football on MUTS, a little chilly, but fun nonetheless! :)

Go Pack Go! :) :D

Edited by susancruzs

You won't have to worry about missing any of the action as thirteen of our cruise ships will show the most highly watched NFL games during our Game Day at Sea Parties! Every Thursday and Sunday afternoon, as well as Sunday and Monday night, guest can watch the games on our signature Movies Under the Stars® screens while sailing through the balmy waters on a Caribbean cruise or from the sun-splashed West Coast..

Just what we need. What next - football on Antarctica cruises or on African safaris? Is there any place in the world that we can't get away from the NFL?

DON

Just what we need. What next - football on Antarctica cruises or on African safaris? Is there any place in the world that we can't get away from the NFL?

DON

I watched the Super Bowl on MUTS on the Star Princess Antarctica cruise back in 2009. Actually we were off the coast of Chile at the time and I went back to the cabin for the second half as I was freezing. lol

Edited by DougH

I leave on Saturday and hope they have the Seahawks on Sunday. Do they also show it on cabin TV ?

FYI - the Seahawks next game is a Monday nighter Oct 6. Maybe you will be able to watch it on MUTS.

Why isn't the Los Angeles NFL team included??? What a minute. We don't even have a team. What a civic embarrassment.

But over all this a good thing.

But you've to the Rams .... er... no. How about the Raiders? .... no? Well, there's still UCLA. ;)

Personally I would like to see Movies for "Movies Under the Stars" rather than "Sports Under the Stars" SUTS? (not for some on formal nights...). Playoff and Championship games, OK.

Civic embarrassment? How about living in the capital of Texas with no pro sports at all? It could be worse.

Just an observation...it always amazes me when some people on CC have to vent their anger about things others enjoy about a cruise. No one forces anyone to do anything on a cruise & one of the great things about cruising is to make our own choices. It's not really necessary to demean any activity others enjoy just because they don't like something. :rolleyes:

It's a cruise & nothing to get so angry about. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just an observation...it always amazes me when some people on CC have to vent their anger about things others enjoy about a cruise. No one forces anyone to do anything on a cruise & one of the great things about cruising is to make our own choices.

My observation: I'm not angry. But I've often found the noise pollution of MUTS bothersome. And, as a non-fan, I would rather be able to hang out in the Lido pool without non-stop sports announcing and cheering. (Or, for that matter, endless replays of old concerts or rom-coms I have no interest in seeing, though I do find football commentators, sorry, more acoustically intrusive than U2 or Ashton Kutcher.)

I guess I always have the choice of wearing earplugs.

What I do find myself angry about is that the NFL has tax-exempt status. But that's a topic for elsewhere.

Edited by shepp

Well, there are approximately 317 million people in the U.S., and the most recent Superbowl was viewed by approximately 111.7 million people, so you can say, in truth, that most people do not watch the Superbowl.

But judging by the noises in my neighborhood on game day, it doesn't feel that way. :D

Just an observation...it always amazes me when some people on CC have to vent their anger about things others enjoy about a cruise. No one forces anyone to do anything on a cruise & one of the great things about cruising is to make our own choices. It's not really necessary to demean any activity others enjoy just because they don't like something. :rolleyes:

It's a cruise & nothing to get so angry about. ;)

Agree!!

Wish they had college football too! Going to miss 3 Gator games on our next cruise!! :(

My observation: I'm not angry. But I've often found the noise pollution of MUTS bothersome. And, as a non-fan, I would rather be able to hang out in the Lido pool without non-stop sports announcing and cheering. (Or, for that matter, endless replays of old concerts or rom-coms I have no interest in seeing, though I do find football commentators, sorry, more acoustically intrusive than U2 or Ashton Kutcher.)

What I do find myself angry about is that the NFL has tax-exempt status. But that's a topic for elsewhere.

I'm the exact opposite: I find the noise of a football game much easier to tune out than a concert by a group whose music makes my ears bleed (looking at you, U2) or the dialog/sound effects of a movie. And out by the pool, I'm always tuning out the big screen: my drug of choice is reading.

Agree 1000% with your last point. Don't get me started.

I would love MUTS if they didn't receive an SD signal and blow it up and stretch it to fill their screen.

They take an image like the following:

LostSD.jpg

And stretch it to look like:

LostSDHD.jpg

Get with the times Princess! Start receiving HD signals instead of SD!

A vacation without the kids. 5 glorious days. 49ers vs. Saints on MUTS. OMG, OMG, OMG! I can't wait!!! :D

P.S., I love my kids. I love them more when they're not standing in front of the TV while the game is on. And, yes, I'm a girl. :)

What I do find myself angry about is that the NFL haIs tax-exempt status. But that's a topic for elsewhere.

I agree completely about the noise pollution factor. I was on the Crown Princess last week and my opinion that the MUTS constant blaring noise greatly detracted from the enjoyment of an otherwise classy cruise experience. I can see televising the games in a lounge maybe. In my opinion, it's sad that we live in an era that has us accustomed to obtrusive electronic media everywhere in public.

I agree completely about the noise pollution factor. I was on the Crown Princess last week and my opinion that the MUTS constant blaring noise greatly detracted from the enjoyment of an otherwise classy cruise experience. I can see televising the games in a lounge maybe. In my opinion, it's sad that we live in an era that has us accustomed to obtrusive electronic media everywhere in public.

When I wanted to read quietly near a pool I just used the other pool area. I don't really "use" the pool myself. I grab a lounger on the upper deck overlooking the covered pool but still under the enclosure. No MUTS noise. Very peaceful.

The people who really suffered on Star were the smokers as the outdoor smoking area there on Lido deck was the walkway between the two pool areas. The sound of MUTS thundered through there. It was really annoying. Fortunately for me, I'm an ex-smoker rather than a current smoker. It was quite annoying though when hanging out with my son sometimes as he is a smoker.

Normally MUTS doesn't bother me and I actually enjoy it quite a lot at times. I don't care about old concerts nor do I (gasp!) care much about the football games although it might be nice to see the Packers stomp the living gunk out of some other team on the big screen with pizza and a bar on hand. :cool: