Four people one Cabin/Oasis information.

My husband, brother, sister in law and I are all sailing on the Oasis in April of 2015. We currently have an ocean view belcony room booked. This is my second cruise and everyone else's first. I for some reason thought the beds became full size not twin. My question is do all of the rooms have pull out couches or is it possible to get a rollaway as my husband and I both won't fit well sleeping on the couch seeing as we are going to rotate who gets the bed for the night. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for the boat itself that would useful also. We are not sure what excursions to participate in either. I really want to go snorkeling someplace but not sure where is best. We stop in Hati, Jamacia and Mexico. Thanks for the ho/information. I hope I posted in the correct location.

My husband, brother, sister in law and I are all sailing on the Oasis in April of 2015. We currently have an ocean view belcony room booked. This is my second cruise and everyone else's first. I for some reason thought the beds became full size not twin. My question is do all of the rooms have pull out couches or is it possible to get a rollaway as my husband and I both won't fit well sleeping on the couch seeing as we are going to rotate who gets the bed for the night. If anyone has any tips or suggestions for the boat itself that would useful also. We are not sure what excursions to participate in either. I really want to go snorkeling someplace but not sure where is best. We stop in Hati, Jamacia and Mexico. Thanks for the ho/information. I hope I posted in the correct location.

OH My Gosh ! 4 adults in one cabin.

You need to be commended on your bravery ! LOL

:) :) :)

Wow, I hope you all like eachother alot ;) that is close quarters for 4 adults. We find it cramped with 2 adults and a child.

There will be no room for anything else once the sofa bed is made... This is what it will most likely look like.

14mbaqw.jpg

Your bed and sofa may be switched..sofa by closet...bed by balcony.

If you tell us what room # you have we can tell you how its set up.

Edited by vacation_junkie

My neighbours on Oasis were 4 adults in a D2 balcony.... and the set up was similar to the one above. I have no idea how they coped, and in a connecting room with mine and I didn't hear a thing!

PS in Jamaica I highly recommend http://www.knowjamaica.com

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Yikes.....you may want to reconsider. How much is any privacy important? You'll have one bathroomn with limited space to put toiletries. Closets and any drawers will need to be divided by four. Getting to the bathroom at night will be an obstacle course. Everyone trying to find their things to get ready for the day. Storing all your suitcases, the list goes on.I suppose it can be done but, OH MY!!!

As far as snorkeling, check the Ports of Call board for any snorkeling in any of your stops.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Edited by iheartbda

Photo is very accurate ..... really gives a good idea of what it would be like with bed and sofa bed.

Four adults in a cabin is very tough! Did it years ago on the Majesty when our kids were in college. We managed - mainly because we had the bed made up as two twins and had pullman upper berths (kind of like two sets of bunk beds). We did at least have more floor space. We kept a suitcase under each "twin" and lived out of that. Also used the showers at the gym very frequently.

Storage would be very difficult for you all. Cabins are functional for two people and have always managed closet/drawer wise, but I am not sure how easy it would be for four people.

I am sure you have your reasons for sharing, however, would really suggest trying to get a cabin each. Check out several combination of prices - you may be surprised.

I cannot imagine where you store clothes and toiletries for 4 adults in one of those cabins unless all 4 of you can do a week of traveling with a bare minimum of stuff. It gets tight with 2 for a week. I would rather do 2 interior cabins than 4 to anything smaller than a Jr Suite.

I would NOT put 4 adults in one cabin..no matter which cabin, unless it's a 2 room suite. The main bed is 2 twins stuck together...the other 2 are either pullmans, or a sofa bed...1 bath..and it's TINY....TEENSY...you better be really, REALLY good friends!

Edited by cb at sea

My question is do all of the rooms have pull out couches or is it possible to get a rollaway.

No you cannot fit a rollaway. depending on how the cabin is configured 2 of the berths will be bunks that fold out from the wall/ceiling and NOT a couch. and those are NOT large enough to comfortably fit adults.

there is absolutely no way in hell I would EVER consider cramming 4 adults in a standard cabin..

Why are you booking one ocean view cabin for 4 adults?

If it's the money, save your money until everyone can afford there own inside cabin or cruise on a different ship that's more affordable.

CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION. DO NOT SAIL WITH 4 ADULTS IN A CABIN! It is not worth it to save a couple of hundred dollars. You will be miserable and tempers and attitudes will go crazy by day 3.

I really want to know why you're putting 4 grown folks in one cabin. And two couples to boot. Whoever can't afford to get their own cabin should stay home. What about a little hanky panky w/ your husband? OMG!! No way no how I would book a room w/ my sister and her husband. I would cruise on a smaller ship out of a small port for cheap before I shared a cabin with another couple.

Edited by cynt

My Mother and I usually book a Junior Suite, but for our Dec Indy cruise we are in a D1. She is so concerned that we are not going to have enough room. I told her she and my Father and my son and I used to always get a D1 and always had enough room, we will be fine.

Now, 4 adults in an oceanview is a different story. I also would think about either upgrading to a JS or getting separate rooms. Looking at the pictures, 2 suitcases each, where are you going to put all your stuff? The closets are not that big for 4 grown adults. Good luck with whatever you decide and have a wonderful cruise.

Sue

Well which cabin do you presently have booked? We can look up the room configuration for you or you can look it up on the RCI website.

Despite what others are saying, and I do understand why they are saying don't do this - our family of 4 sailed not once but twice in one cabin. It was the only way we could afford it.

Was it tight? Heck yes.

Were our grown children squishy on the sofa bed? Heck yes.

Would we do it again? Heck yes. :)

Rollaways being available is not the Point, there will simply be nowhere to put it.

As others have said, no way I would sail with 4 adults in that cabin.

If you are going to do it I do recommend to take turns with the sleeping Arrangements. My recommendation is doing it in shifts, one couple takes the night and one the day, or the couples get the cabin every other day while the others sleep on deck.

Oasis class has some of the smallest cabins available. Did you at least check to see if a JS is available or is that just too expensive? My daughter and I sailed in a D1 and found it incredibly close. I guess if you can laugh at the situation you can make anything work. Enjoy your cruise!

Well which cabin do you presently have booked? We can look up the room configuration for you or you can look it up on the RCI website.

Despite what others are saying, and I do understand why they are saying don't do this - our family of 4 sailed not once but twice in one cabin. It was the only way we could afford it.

Was it tight? Heck yes.

Were our grown children squishy on the sofa bed? Heck yes.

Would we do it again? Heck yes. :)

Loved your post! Totally agree!

I posted earlier in the thread - we sailed on the Majesty with our two adult-aged kids (in college at the time). The look on their faces when we opened the cabin door was priceless! At the time it was all we could afford, plus we had gotten a good deal.

We enjoyed the cruise, made wonderful memories, and laugh about it now. Would highly recommend a cabin with pullman beds rather than a sofa bed. Showering at the gym, etc. and using an open suitcase under the bed as an extra drawer for stuff.

OP, enjoy, whatever you decide!

I know you aren't really asking but i think i would check to see what it would cost for you each to get your own interior cabin. Even 2 people each in the smallest interior cabin beats 4 adults. Besides all of the other stuff mentioned, the mornings are the worst when one person is awake he/she won't be able to do so much as go to the restroom without waking everyone else. I'm wondering if you booked on a 3rd and 4th sail free promotion so you might be thinking that you saved a bunch of money. If that is the case, you might be surprised. Run all the possible scenarios thru some dummy bookings and see if its not feasible to get 2 rooms. Id rather have no view than share a room with 2 other adults. I don't even think I would do a junior suite with 4 adults vs 2 rooms. This pictures above look tight, yet it will feel much tighter.

Debbie

Edited by debbs0723

I went on Oasis last year with 4 adults (my parents and brother) in an inside balcony over looking Boardwalk. We did just fine and enough room since we were only there to sleep and shower. We had a Pullman bed (I slept on and it was one of the most constable beds I have ever slept on). We'll actually be in an inside cabin on Freedom next month. My only concern this time is storage but we'll do fine. We got the promo 3rd and 5th sail free for a total of less than $1800. I priced it out without the promo and other cabins categories and two cabins.... it would have been at least double the price.

And I totally agree with PMcC1998 and Langley.

I hear Cozumel is a great place for snorkeling as they're known for snorkeling......

Your brave.

Why not do an L1 or L2.

Two baths, two stories, we love them and there are three of us.

Good luck

Oh.............who would decide who sleeps where:D

Sea Ya

I would imagine that if a 2 story luxury suite was a financial option, the OP and 3 other adults would not have elected to sail in an OV cabin.

Good luck OP!

M

I know not everyone can afford the L1 & 2's I was just offering an option. They provide so much more room. And could make for a better cruise experience.

Sea ya

Good luck to op

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you have to have 4 adults in one cabin, at least pick one out that has two Pullman beds along with the main bed. That way. You still get floor space. The sofa bed is good for 2 children or one adult.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app