Princess cruisers trying RCI anything we should know?

We have just booked our first RCI cruise. I realize there are many differences between cruise lines. Are there any major differences we should be aware of, I hate surprises.

No self-service laundry on any Royal ship.

We just got off the Ruby Princess in mid August doing a 12 night British Isles Cruise. This was our second Princess cruise. We are RCCL and Celebrity cruisers. You will LOVE RCCL. The cabins are bigger, the bathroom bigger and the food is much better. There are more activities on sea days. Although in some cases Princess has better itineraries, we will never go on a Princess Cruise again.

We have just booked our first RCI cruise. I realize there are many differences between cruise lines. Are there any major differences we should be aware of, I hate surprises.

More alike than you can imagine. I think you will prefer Princess if you are on any ship other than the Oasis or Allure.

Don't expect that great Princess pizza onboard!

I have always heard wonderful things about Princess pizza.

Royal Caribbean pizza is not even as good as most frozen box pizzas. I would take a frozen Newmans Own or a California Pizza kitchen pizza over Sorrentos any day. Even a Red Baron is better :cool:

Edited by ryano

I have always heard wonderful things about Princess pizza.

Royal Caribbean pizza is not even as good as most frozen box pizzas. I would take a frozen Newmans Own or a California Pizza kitchen pizza over Sorrentos any day. Even a Red Baron is better :cool:

Yeah the pizza is a little sad. The cookies, now...

Don't expect that great Princess pizza onboard!
Ditto! Also Princess has real ice cream but Royal has REAL coffee. The coffee on Princess is downright disgusting.

I wouldn't say there are many differences between the two. Overall, I think everything (excursions, drinks, bingo, specialty restaurants, shops) right down to cruise fare is usally more expensive on Royal.

We love both. Enjoy!

guess it might depend on which RCCL ship you sail on, but I found no real grill for the wonderful chicken, hamburger or brats that you can get at the Trident grill on Princess. Most of these on Royal are found in the Windjammer or boardwalk's hot dog venue. Just not the same when it's found on a buffet. Also love the outdoor movies shown every night on Princess. But Royal wins hands down with their salad bar on sea days. That is why we sail on both lines....each offers something different....:D

By your signature, I see you are sailing "Rock Legends IV Cruise" - Independence of the Seas Jan 21,2016. I was curious about this and looked it up; the website says the artists are TBA! I find it so curious as to how/why someone would book a very specific cruise without knowing who is playing? Seriously asking, not judging.. do you know who is performing? :)

We just got off the Ruby Princess in mid August doing a 12 night British Isles Cruise. This was our second Princess cruise. We are RCCL and Celebrity cruisers. You will LOVE RCCL. The cabins are bigger, the bathroom bigger and the food is much better. There are more activities on sea days. Although in some cases Princess has better itineraries, we will never go on a Princess Cruise again.

Food is very subjective and we cruise RCI, Celebrity and Princess. We have done 4 RCI cruises within the past year, 2 Celebrity and 2 Princess. We believe that Princess has better food overall than RCI. Celebrity and Princess are very close. Again, very subjective.

Ditto! Also Princess has real ice cream but Royal has REAL coffee. The coffee on Princess is downright disgusting.

I wouldn't say there are many differences between the two. Overall, I think everything (excursions, drinks, bingo, specialty restaurants, shops) right down to cruise fare is usally more expensive on Royal.

We love both. Enjoy!

There are many people who say the coffee on Royal is terrible (not me), I can only imagine what they would then say about the coffee on Princess.

As far as ice cream goes....you can get real ice cream at dinner on Royal -- just ask for it; I do, along with wonderful chocolate chip cookies.

Thanks OP for posing this question. DW and I have been with Princess for a few years and are looking forward to our pending Allure sailing. Thanks for the responses, keep them coming...........

By the way, the Princess pizza is pretty good, we just got off the Carnival Dream, pizza was terrible. Saw posted above that the Royal pizza left a little to be desired.

Edited by L454S

Our travel agent is suggesting Brilliance of the Seas for a Baltic cruise in comparison with Caribbean Princess Baltic Cruise. We have sailed Princess before and know what to expect. What about Royal Caribbean in the Baltic? Which line would you choose?