Freedom not getting Hairspray?

I just noticed on RCCL productions

http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/featured-venues

Hairspray is no longer listed as one of the shows.

I know it was just rumours about Freedom getting Hairspray during her upcoming dry dock but I wonder if this means that she is not.

Well to be honest (and I'm sure I'll get flamed for the outrage of admitting it!) but I will not miss Hairspray at all if that is the case.

Why are you choosing to be negative? If you do not like the Broadway shows that is fine, but many people (including myself) enjoy them.

I read it that he doesn't care for Hairspray. Not that he doesn't like Broadway shows.

Why are you choosing to be negative? If you do not like the Broadway shows that is fine, but many people (including myself) enjoy them.

I started the comment about Hairspray and agree with the other poster that it has nothing to do about Broadway shows - which I have enjoyed on RCI. I just don't happen to like Hairspray. Apparently others agree.

Not sure how commenting on that is negative regarding Broadway shows in general. Not all Broadway shows are created equal and not all are as good as each other to the tastes of the audience.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I think it would be a mistake for RCCL to take Hairspray from Oasis to another ship. People are looking for different experiences, and I KNOW some people would not go on the Freedom for the reason of having already seen Hairspray on the Oasis if the same Broadway show was offered on the Freedom. They'd be better off, IMHO, to offer a completely different Broadway show that has not been featured on any of their other ships.

Wicked would be great!

As would Newsies and The Book of Mormon, but Newsies is Disney owned and The Book of Mormon, well, you know ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by kwazi07

Well to be honest (and I'm sure I'll get flamed for the outrage of admitting it!) but I will not miss Hairspray at all if that is the case.

Loved, Loved Hairspray. Saw it on Broadway and thought Hairspray on Oasis was every bit as good as Broadway. I even saw it at the theater and bought the musical movie. One of my favorites. But I love musicals of all kind!:p

I wish they would have put Mama Mia on Liberty as a replacement for Saturday Night Fever. Love SNF but both hubby and I really like Mama Mia. Since we will never go on Quantam unless it eventually comes to Florida, we won't get to see Mama Mia at sea.

I have heard you either love or hate CATS. I have never seen it, so cannot say. But different musicals for everyone. People love Lion King and we both thought by far that was the worst musical we ever saw. In all the years we have gone/seen musicals, that was the first one we both hated. Thought it was a total waste of time.

I wish they would have put Mama Mia on Liberty as a replacement for Saturday Night Fever. Love SNF but both hubby and I really like Mama Mia. Since we will never go on Quantam unless it eventually comes to Florida, we won't get to see Mama Mia at sea.

I have heard you either love or hate CATS. I have never seen it, so cannot say. But different musicals for everyone. People love Lion King and we both thought by far that was the worst musical we ever saw. In all the years we have gone/seen musicals, that was the first one we both hated. Thought it was a total waste of time.

I would like to see Mama Mia. What would you want on Anthem or Ovation?

RCI should hire some Tony award winning set, costume, and song designers just like Busch Gardens Tampa (local theme park) did when they created the masterpiece Katonga. Since you seem to love musicals, you should check it out on YouTube. It is similar to the Lion King but I love it more.

RIP Katonga 2004-2006

I feel the same way about Rock of Ages, terrible musical! My friend on the other hand loved it. Saw Mamma Mia with the original London cast way back in 1999, but not likely to see it on board now.

I would like to see Mama Mia. What would you want on Anthem or Ovation?

RCI should hire some Tony award winning set, costume, and song designers just like Busch Gardens Tampa (local theme park) did when they created the masterpiece Katonga. Since you seem to love musicals, you should check it out on YouTube. It is similar to the Lion King but I love it more.

RIP Katonga 2004-2006

Anthem will have *We Will Rock You*

http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/featured-shows/we-will-rock-you

...but better than CATS! :eek:

Best musical ever seen on any ship, certainly on RCI..Cats was terrible...saw it on Broadway & didn't like it...Hairspray had the best music & dancing I've seen..only the Disney shows can compare IMO..SNF on the Liberty was also very good...my kind of music- 60's, great harmonies, all Beach Boys/ surfin', early 60's type songs...