Oasis Viking Crown gone?

bouhunter

Dear new Quantum-Class,

thank you very much for the bad influence on other ships in the fleet (at least Oasis and Allure...)!! :mad:

I just hope that Viking Crown Lounge will be kept on all other ships and that at least Freedom/Voyager/Radiance/Vision do not get Dynamic Dining... :rolleyes:

Please, please, please RCI!!!!!!!!!

I love(d) the Viking Crown on the Oasis, but I have to admit that it was never that busy on both of my Oasis-class cruise (one during the summer, the other during spring break). Very nice place to listen to the band/singer that would play there in the evening.

If an area like a lounge doesn't see a lot of use, I'm not surprised to see it re-purposed these days. Same goes for the Oasis-class chapels; very cool looking but they probably don't generate much revenue compared to the suite that is replacing them.

I'll miss the lounge, but I'm sure the suite guests will appreciate what is replacing it (which includes me when the wallet allows).

I love(d) the Viking Crown on the Oasis, but I have to admit that it was never that busy on both of my Oasis-class cruise (one during the summer, the other during spring break). Very nice place to listen to the band/singer that would play there in the evening.

If an area like a lounge doesn't see a lot of use, I'm not surprised to see it re-purposed these days.

On my last Oasis cruise, the pool band played in the VCL at night. People packed the lounge, assumably for the reggae music. Kudos to the cruise Director Ricky Mathews for purposing that lounge to get more people up there. Too bad it isn't lasting. I always thought the VCL was the most comfortable lounge on the ship. :(

This is a huge safety issue. As every Star Trek fan knows, in an emergency, non-essential personnel and passengers would gather in the saucer-section so that it could be used as a life-raft.

Now, with RCL eliminating it's "saucer-sections", where are we to go if the dilithium core starts to meltdown?

I am so disappointed in RCI for getting rid of the Viking Crown lounge on the Oasis - This had to be my favorite lounge to gather with friends and family on our last cruise and I was very much looking forward to seeing again on our upcoming cruise.

I think it's a SHAME that a staple of what made RCI what it is today is being REMOVED from its ships for more SUITE perks for the wealthy.

Did RCI stop and think about the people who save up to go on your cruise ship and the monies they save for MONTHS/WEEKS/YEARS in order to have a nice vacation... Thanks for not caring about the little folks and only caring about the $$$$$$$$$

This is a huge safety issue. As every Star Trek fan knows, in an emergency, non-essential personnel and passengers would gather in the saucer-section so that it could be used as a life-raft.

Now, with RCL eliminating it's "saucer-sections", where are we to go if the dilithium core starts to meltdown?

LOL! I am a huge Star Trek fan and that was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!-:cool:

I'm psyched! I typically cruise in a CL on Oasis and Allure. I love the idea that the whole 17th floor is now a private enclave a-la The Haven on NCL. Now if they would just open up the sun deck above the CL's for suite guests instead of crew...:p

not exactly. Just a small portion is a lounge. The rest was converted to suites

oa_deck17_v2015_jun.gif

Edited by SeaUs

Did RCI stop and think about the people who save up to go on your cruise ship and the monies they save for MONTHS/WEEKS/YEARS in order to have a nice vacation... Thanks for not caring about the little folks and only caring about the $$$$$$$$$

I'm sure they thought about the people who save up for cruises, and I'm sure they care about "$$$$$$$$$" (they are a business and not a charity). I also completely doubt that the absence of the VCL will have any significant impact on people having a nice vacation (even the ones I have been on where the VCL was hopping, I still would remember a wonderful vacation if I were to have a problem that caused me to forget any time I spent in any VCL).

Am I disappointed that it is gone? Sure, I too liked the space. However, on Oasis and Allure, it is significantly underutilized, so better to find a way to have it better utilized without biting into other space that most cruisers like better.

I will miss it, and the Oasis / Allure VCL is not my favorite VCL. The vantage point for views is limited; that said I enjoy the VCL on every ship I go on; it is always one of the first places I go to. Just because I "get it" doesn't mean I like it.

Am I disappointed that it is gone? Sure, I too liked the space. However, on Oasis and Allure, it is significantly underutilized, so better to find a way to have it better utilized without biting into other space that most cruisers like better.

They could have planned more activities in VCL to drum it up a bit. People go where there are activities and during the daytime VCL is usually a quiet zone (on purpose). If they moved a trivia session up there you'd see it perk up, and bar sales increase too.

The VCL was always a great place during the daytime for its peace and quiet, an area for people to get away from the hustle and bustle for a while.

For me this is a backward step but as has been mentioned it is a business and money comes before passengers in some peoples eyes.

The VCL was always a great place during the daytime for its peace and quiet, an area for people to get away from the hustle and bustle for a while.

For me this is a backward step but as has been mentioned it is a business and money comes before passengers in some peoples eyes.

Agreed, and will miss VCL for that reason.

Agreed, and will miss VCL for that reason.

Us too. When we cruise with my sister and BIL we would spend all day in the VCL and play cards. We love to people watch and during that day that is the best place to people watch without being roasted in the sun.