Your perfect Cruise itinerary?

Hflors

If you could design the "perfect" itinerary for a cruise what would it be?? (lets dream here and money and time should not be considered)

The first cruise I would design is a round the world cruise that lasts 365 days. I want it to hit every major port in Europe, the Mediteranian and the south pacific and spend two to three days in each.

The second cruise I would want to design is a Hawaii/ tahiti cruise and each port three days long. Forget the little known ports I want three days in Honolulu, Lahania, Papeete, Moorea and Bora,Bora.

What is your perfect cruise itinary?

Nice thread topic. We could all use a little dreaming. :)

My itinerary would be a northern one. Leaving from Montreal, Halifax or Boston (but prefer a Canadian embarkation) and go to PEI, Newfoundland and Labrador, Greenland, Iceland, Scandinavia, Russia, come back via Amsterdam, Scotland, Ireland..... hit Nova Scotia and if returning to Boston then New Brunswick too.

I would also like to to the North West passage but admit that would probably be on an expedition cruise.

Edited by 1of4

My itinerary would be a northern one. Leaving from Montreal, Halifax or Boston (but prefer a Canadian embarkation) and go to PEI, Newfoundland and Labrador, Greenland, Iceland, Scandinavia, Russia, come back via Amsterdam, Scotland, Ireland..... hit Nova Scotia and if returning to Boston then New Brunswick too.

I would also like to to the North West passage but admit that would probably be on an expedition cruise.

If it's offered, I will come. Either one of those cruises.

As a matter of fact, I believe there is an expedition cruise of the northwest passage already scheduled. Now, if money were no object....

My perfect itinerary would always go to someplace "cool", and I mean that in the thermal sense of the word. We would go to places where a jacket and a sweatshirt are required attire during the day, and snow and ice are part of the land/seascape. The one 1of4 suggested does the trick.

My perfect itinerary would start and end in Vancouver or Seattle, so we didn't have to fly! There are lots of great itineraries that start OR end here, but I think there's only a Hawaii round trip, which is in the plans somewhere! We had friends who went to NZ and Australia on the Statendam from Vancouver with us, and then they returned on a different cruise line, so I guess that could be organized. But I think that the Pacific will be on the horizon for us - if I can find that "perfect itinerary". :)

Do like the 365 day world cruise idea - sign us up now! Actually looked into B2B world cruises on different lines but they all sail in about the same timeframes.

Do know a lady (or did know a lady as have not heard from her in at least 2 years so she may have passed) who lived in one of the suites on the Statedam and just went wherever the ship sailed. She was a truly wonderful lady - and I do mean lady! Many of us know frequent travelers who would not be termed 'a lady'. She was allowed to bring some of her own furniture and had her own art up on the walls - she had a Degas that was outstanding! Often think of her with major jealousy.

If it's offered, I will come. Either one of those cruises.

As a matter of fact, I believe there is an expedition cruise of the northwest passage already scheduled. Now, if money were no object....

My perfect itinerary would always go to someplace "cool", and I mean that in the thermal sense of the word. We would go to places where a jacket and a sweatshirt are required attire during the day, and snow and ice are part of the land/seascape. The one 1of4 suggested does the trick.

Ruth

We'll come with you! Let's add Quebec City, too.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Something to get us through the winter -starting just after Christmas, from New York (REAL New York, not Brooklyn and certainly not Bayonne), after a couple of theatre evenings; a comfortable, not necessarily ostentatious, verandah cabin; 8:00 PM assigned dining at a table of ten shared with compatible, interesting. and interested fellow cruisers; then proceeding through warm waters of the Caribbean, down the east coast of South America, touching Antarctica, then up the west coast of South America, through the Panama Canal, then dropping us off in Florida in, say, mid-March so we could unwind for a couple of weeks before heading home for the beginning of Spring weather. Of course, this would require a waiver of regulations - but that should be capable of being arranged along with the other elements.

Crystal's got my perfect itinerary planned in 2016 - the crossing of the Northwest Passage.

It's out of this world amazing.

I'll have to say that this particular cruise is very interesting, and I don't think anyone has ever offered it before. Pretty amazing but I like the cruise that the Amsterdam is doing next fall, an expanded cruise to the South Pacific, sounds good to me.

Wow.

It's nice to dream. Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket and book those cruises too.

Then maybe Antarctica on another trip.

If you could design the "perfect" itinerary for a cruise what would it be?? (lets dream here and money and time should not be considered)

The first cruise I would design is a round the world cruise that lasts 365 days. I want it to hit every major port in Europe, the Mediteranian and the south pacific and spend two to three days in each.

The second cruise I would want to design is a Hawaii/ tahiti cruise and each port three days long. Forget the little known ports I want three days in Honolulu, Lahania, Papeete, Moorea and Bora,Bora.

What is your perfect cruise itinary?

With a 365 day world cruise the two of those could be combined. Sign me up!:D

If you could design the "perfect" itinerary for a cruise what would it be??...

I need to agree that I also would love a 365 day world cruise and would surely sign up for it. We are typically on HAL ships 5 to 7 months each year so for us, it would not be that much of a stretch.

But for me, as opposed to Hflors wanting to

hit every major port in Europe, the Mediteranian and the south pacific and spend two to three days in each.
, I am not particularly interested in the major cities in Europe and the Mediterranean. I would like to go to a large number of the smaller cities, towns and villages on each of the continents.

We enjoy seeing regular people in various situations and learning about their beliefs and customs. We are not that into commercial tourist attractions.

Scott & Karen

Crystal's got my perfect itinerary planned in 2016 - the crossing of the Northwest Passage.

I knew I saw it somewhere! That's the one I was looking at. My little heart went pitty-pat, that is until I saw the fare. :eek:

I knew I saw it somewhere! That's the one I was looking at. My little heart went pitty-pat, that is until I saw the fare. :eek:

What, an inside for $32,000 isn't your cup of tea? :)

It was waitlisted within 10 hours of opening sales, fwiw. Crystal's got it going on, ha.

What, an inside for $32,000 isn't your cup of tea? :)

It was waitlisted within 10 hours of opening sales, fwiw. Crystal's got it going on, ha.

I'm booked, and internet permitting will be doing reports. BTW, Crystal does not have insides. I'm in a "limited view" with a view somewhat like this:

3s7061deck.jpg

(unless the upgrade fairy calls).

Roy

:) Oceania offers a 360 day world cruise on I believe Insignia She leaves Miami In January and July for 180 days and covers most of the world if you book both segments. My self I would like to see a few longer cruises doing round trips from n.y. Several years ago the Voyage of the Vikings did this and it was great.

I'm booked, and internet permitting will be doing reports. BTW, Crystal does not have insides. I'm in a "limited view" with a view somewhat like this:

3s7061deck.jpg

(unless the upgrade fairy calls).

Roy

That's right - limited views. My apologies!

I had forgotten you were able to book. Man, I really hope that Internet works for you because this is a dream itinerary for me! So happy you get to experience it.

I think I want your life, at least your cruising life!

Like, except I could do without Russia.

My ideal would be RT out of Vancouver hitting all of the glacial highspots in a leisurely manner.I'd like to see Seymour Narrows during the day. Stay in the Inside Passage as much as possible. Longer port times and no night time sailing. Ketchikan for Misty Fjords.

Tracy Arm, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Hubbard Glacier, College Fjord, Kenai Peninsula.

Overnight for a full day in Sitka Harbor. Victoria too. Pure scenic cruising.