Eggs Benedict become 'Suite perk' on Quantum

MADflyer

With American Icon Grill serving as the main dining room breakfast option with the introduction of Dynamic Dining on Quantum, Eggs Benedict and other daily specials are gone from the breakfast menu.

The Coastal Kitchen' menu does offer Eggs Benedict for suite guests only.

While I am sure someone will post a photo of the menu shortly from American Icon Grill, it is limited to five 'Breakfast Favorites'.

Carolina Shrimp N Grits

Southwest Huevos Rancheros'

New York Bodega Breakfast (Bacon,eggs,cheese on a Kaiser roll)

Louisiana Beignets

Bagel & Lox (Cream cheese, scallions, capers, tomatoes)

This is complemented with various 'Healthy Choices'

Granola, Hot and Cold Cereals, Fruits and Yogurts.

If American Icon were to fill, they would seat 'overflow' in Silk using the same menu.

With American Icon Grill serving as the main dining room breakfast option with the introduction of Dynamic Dining on Quantum, Eggs Benedict and other daily specials are gone from the breakfast menu.

While I am sure someone will post a photo of the menu shortly from American Icon Grill, it is limited to five 'Breakfast Favorites'.

Carolina Shrimp N Grits

Louisiana Beignets

If American Icon were to fill, they would seat 'overflow' in Silk using the same menu.

Wow. Thanks for the info. While we will miss the eggs benedict....these new options sound tasty also. However, surprised at the limited menu.....no eggs " any style" or omelets?

The Windjammer is enhanced on Quantum with several eggs made to order stations, including one in the far aft with direct access to the outdoor seating area. They also have a section open 24 hours and will serve omelets.

The Solarium Bistro will also become a very popular option now on Quantum. They offer omelets made to order as well as several prepared egg dishes. It was very well presented. I only fear overcrowding as it may become too popular.

The Café Two70 is basically the exact items from the Park Café venue, but presented in a much more spacious environment with clearly separated stations for Hot Sandwiches / Bagels / Specialty Coffee with pastries.

Carolina Shrimp N Grits

Louisiana Beignets

The Windjammer is enhanced on Quantum with several eggs made to order stations, including one in the far aft with direct access to the outdoor seating area. They also have a section open 24 hours and will serve omelets.

The Solarium Bistro will also become a very popular option now on Quantum. They offer omelets made to order as well as several prepared egg dishes. It was very well presented. I only fear overcrowding as it may become too popular.

The Café Two70 is basically the exact items from the Park Café venue, but presented in a much more spacious environment with clearly separated stations for Hot Sandwiches / Bagels / Specialty Coffee with pastries.

Wow. Sounds like lots of options. Wish they would offer some of these new choices on the older ships.

On Quatun are they offering fresh squeezed OJ for purchase in any of these restaurants? Fee or complimentary in suite restaurant?

Carolina Shrimp N Grits

Louisiana Beignets

Well, good thing I wont be on the Quantum then. I love me my eggs benedict in the MDR when I'm on a cruise ship. Another step in the wrong direction for a company that seems determined to drive people away.

five 'Breakfast Favorites'.

Carolina Shrimp N Grits

Louisiana Beignets

Being from SC, I will be very pleasantly surprised if they can pull off shrimp and grits and have it resemble anything that you would actually be served in coastal SC, LOL. I will cross my fingers and wait and see. :D

I wonder if they will do the same thing to Oasis for breakfast when she switches to Dynamic Dining. I imagine they would. I am excited to see a new breakfast menu for sit down breakfast, however there are so many other breakfast options on these ships, I can see why they are doing that. It's nice to hear that Cafe Two70 is similar to the Park Cafe. That turned out to be one of my favorite breakfast and lunch spots on the Oasis class.

I take it there is not a benedict option in the WJ for breakfast? I only ask because Celebrity does offer it at their poached egg station.

All the Operations and F&B management are on board this sailing and it will be interesting to see how the week progresses.

As one guest noted they were offered breakfast options, while I was only allowed to order one of the 5 options on the menu when I was at the American Icon when they opened this morning.

I did not notice a poached egg station in the WJ, but I only did a quick walk-through today. It was very nicely presented and certainly the best WJ I have ever seen on a RCI ship. I am not a buffet fan, by the way, so my opinion is biased.

I'm just glad to hear about the plentiful availability of made-to-order omelettes on Quantum. The difficulty getting made-to-order omelettes on the Oasis Class is one thing that really irritates me every time we sail, as much as I love the rest of the ship. We don't like going to JRs or the MDR for breakfast.

Edited by Dave85

Carolina Shrimp N Grits

Louisiana Beignets

What type of suite? Does Junior Spa Suite qualify to dine at Coastal Kitchen?

Carolina Shrimp N Grits

Louisiana Beignets

My husband loves Eggs Benedict for breakfast on cruises! And I love suites. Thank you Royal Caribbean for giving me extra ammunition to upgrade my cabin...:D I love it! The regular breakfast menu looks very nice though. No complaints from me.

I'm rather surprised that Pancakes and French Toast are not featured on this menu, those are two pretty iconic American breakfast offerings.

Jonathan

[sARCASM]

You'll probably have to be in a suite. Bacon too - need to be in a suite. Toast and juice will soon be suite perks.[/sARCASM]

Instead of being the cruiseline of "why not" they'll eventually be the cruise line of "have and have nots".

What type of suite? Does Junior Spa Suite qualify to dine at Coastal Kitchen?

I was able to enjoy dinner in Coastal Kitchen tonight. The manager mentioned that on Quantum they are currently testing having Coastal Kitchen available to JS and above. So, currently yes to JS and above on Quantum.

As I was on the Oasis westbound TA, the manager there stated that Coastal Kitchen on Oasis class would be open only to GS and above.

I was able to enjoy dinner in Coastal Kitchen tonight. The manager mentioned that on Quantum they are currently testing having Coastal Kitchen available to JS and above. So, currently yes to JS and above on Quantum.

As I was on the Oasis westbound TA, the manager there stated that Coastal Kitchen on Oasis class would be open only to GS and above.

Can you share a bit about your experience in Coastal Kitchen? Are there many tables for 2?

My guess is that the suite level on the Oasis for Coastal Kitchen is higher because the Oasis has many more suites. There are only 125 total suites (I believe) including JS on the Quantum. There are 30 GS and 86 JS plus 11 more suite categories on the Oasis compared to 20 GS/SGS and 70 JS/SJS on the Quantum.

Edited by Mythbuster