Insane Prices

donnogirl

Just looking at some Med cruises for 2015 and for a 12 night cruise on the Vision a balcony is going for 5900.00 per person!!!!! Are they crazy??

What time of year? Spring break or Summer most likely, peak travel season worldwide. A 7 night voyage I'd expect to pay about $2.5-$3k for a balcony in those parts if you were reserving now (late in my opinion, for the best prices on a cruiseline that always sails full in the Med one should book a year to a year and a half in advance) For a 12 night, $5900 is a reasonable price for a 12 night balcony booking this late. It is driven up by demand, and that voyage will undoubtedly sail chock full of people willing to pay those prices.

I wouldn't pay that much but that is why I reserve as early as possible. Fully refundable deposits are a cruisers best friend.

There is absolutely nothing "reasonable" about a 5900.00 per person balcony cabin on a 18 year old ship IMHO. Not even for a 12 night Med. cruise.

You can sail on a luxury cruise line like Regents for that or just a little more.

People may willing to pay it but that doesnt make it reasonable.

Need your dates. August and September sailing that balconies have sold out so you're seeing suite prices. Such a small ship on a good itinerary. The July 3rd sailing is $6,698 pp for a balcony. That was $2,400 in May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruise Junky

That's strange, I looked at all the Rhapsody cruises for 2015 and the prices are more like $2879 per person for a balcony for 11 nights. The particular travel agent site I looked at was also offering $1025 OBC for select sailings. You might look at NCL - they are usually less expensive for the Med and you could possibly get into a Penthouse or above.

The most expensive I could find on RCCL was the July 3, 2015 - 9 nights priced at $3829 per person for a balcony. But most were at least $1000 less.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

That's strange, I looked at all the Rhapsody cruises for 2015 and the prices are more like $2879 per person for a balcony for 11 nights. The particular travel agent site I looked at was also offering $1025 OBC for select sailings. You might look at NCL - they are usually less expensive for the Med and you could possibly get into a Penthouse or above.

The most expensive I could find on RCCL was the July 3, 2015 - 9 nights priced at $3829 per person for a balcony. But most were at least $1000 less.

Vision OTS - 9/25/15 - 12 night Med Venice cruise has D1 category for 5959.00 per person

It may be a lot of things, reasonable is not one of them, its $500 a night per person which is sky high.

Yeah, its $12,200 for two and only 1000.00 OBC. In a balcony cabin on an almost 20 year old ship. Insane is definitely the correct term.

Im almost 100% positive luxury cruises that include everything can be bought for this.

Edited by ryano

I booked a year ago for the July 3rd cruise on the Vision of the Seas for the 3 of us Junior Suite aft we paided 6500$. That was with the BOBOHO thank god we did, there is no way we could afford the prices they are charging now. Good luck,try looking for 2016 med cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just looking at some Med cruises for 2015 and for a 12 night cruise on the Vision a balcony is going for 5900.00 per person!!!!! Are they crazy??

I agree, I would not pay that for a suite, check the other lines such as Princess and Hal, I have gotten great deals on RCCL but I have also seen times that were way to high.

Jan 4 2016 11 nights Southern Caribbean on Serenade Junior Suites going for $8500

With Diamond Discount

Stateroom Stateroom Total $8,580.70 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $4,339.00 $4,339.00

Taxes, fees and port expenses: $113.85 $113.85

Discount: ($325.00) $0.00

Per Person Total: $4,127.85 $4,452.85

Grand Suite with Diamond Discount

Stateroom Stateroom Total $10,312.70 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $5,205.00 $5,205.00

Per Person Total: $4,993.85 $5,318.85

D-1 With Diamond

Stateroom Stateroom Total $4,356.70 USD

Guest 1 Guest 2

Cruise Fare: $2,227.00 $2,227.00

Per Person Total: $2,015.85 $2,340.85

BTW we paid around 2500 for this cruise for a D-1 in May. And we only paid $3000 for Quantum for 12 nights. This is really insane.

Edited by dsvd79

its reasonable to whom. Maybe the person really wants to go. maybe they are multi millionaires. Maybe they dont count every penny on their vacations. if its reasonable to them, thats all it matters.

Well yeah. I'm not sure what part of IMHO you missed though. That means in my honest opinion meaning not reasonable to ME but something tells me you know this.

For that kind of money I'm going with a more upscale cruise line where everything is included. That's all I was trying to say. I care not how you or anyone else spends their money. :)

These cruises were available for sale in early spring 2013. I booked ours on May 7, 2013, so yes they have gone up in price since then. It's supply and demand at work. :)