Crystal Blocks

I believe that the block is crystal, so has lead in it. They cannot see through it, so it's suspicious to them.

Huh! I didn't even think twice. Stuffed my Q block in my carry-on, didn't get checked luckily. By the way...

DSC02579_zpsd0570a98.jpg

Look really closely. Yes, the bear is there (use glasses and/or backlight the block so it's clearer) :D

Also, Northstar is hanging off the starboard side and when looking aft you can see the detail of Florider and IFly. Very cool block :)

[ATTACH]335984[/ATTACH]on night 140 this was waiting in our room after dinner! The thing is heavy!!

That's neat that it shows the Northstar! Thanks for posting the photo. :D

Huh! I didn't even think twice. Stuffed my Q block in my carry-on, didn't get checked luckily. By the way...

DSC02579_zpsd0570a98.jpg

Look really closely. Yes, the bear is there (use glasses and/or backlight the block so it's clearer) :D

Also, Northstar is hanging off the starboard side and when looking aft you can see the detail of Florider and IFly. Very cool block :)

AND the other stuff too! Thanks!

Edited by Coralc

I believe that the block is crystal, so has lead in it. They cannot see through it, so it's suspicious to them.
Count on Bob to have what is likely a REAL answer!:)
Received my 1st on the Liberty in December. I too had it with me for carry on --- went through the scanner with no issue (it was in the box it came in).
I got my Liberty block this past May on a transAtlantic ending in Barcelona. I had the pleasure:mad: of carrying it all over Spain, then from MAD-EWR, US Customs, EWR-DCA and home. I was hoping they'd be out of blocks on the ship and would ship it to me afterwards so that I didn't have to carry it, but of course they had probably restocked before leaving Florida. First World Problems:p

Thom

The staff was calling our name to receive our last block on the Legend at the upper tier

party. We did not arrive on time, and did not receive it. Blame those darn drinks in the

CL for that one! ;) It did show up in our cabin that night, however. :)

We will get another block (maybe?) on Vision the end of the month. Lucky so far as to

have each one bearing a different ship!

Went through security @ EWR. Got flagged on the X-ray belt so it required a bag search. The TSA agent swabbed it, and apparently the test machine didn't like it so we got a full body search. Craziness lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We may have a situation that may be more normal than we think. On our next cruise we are fortunate enough to have a Junior Suite (great military discount). We are 13 points from our next block. Now since have the time I figured out that with the cabin and the night points we will get 14 points for this cruise. The question is will Royal catch it? We had a similar situation with our last brick because it was during a time when the December Diamond Celebration happened. Again we had a Jr Suite, 10 day cruise plus the Diamond celebration points. That cruise sent us over our "brick" mark by 16 points. No brick. Our next cruise we asked about it and the Loyalty ambassador said, "you should have received it on the ship you were on when you went over".

Thankfully that next cruise we were on a different ship so the ambassador gave us one of his that he kept for emergencies.

Edited by rharvey999

We may have a situation that may be more normal than we think. On our next cruise we are fortunate enough to have a Junior Suite (great military discount). We are 13 points from our next block. Now since have the time I figured out that with the cabin and the night points we will get 14 points for this cruise. The question is will Royal catch it? We had a similar situation with our last brick because it was during a time when the December Diamond Celebration happened. Again we had a Jr Suite, 10 day cruise plus the Diamond celebration points. That cruise sent us over our "brick" mark by 16 points. No brick. Our next cruise we asked about it and the Loyalty ambassador said, "you should have received it on the ship you were on when you went over".

Thankfully that next cruise we were on a different ship so the ambassador gave us one of his that he kept for emergencies.

I too wonder whether the math will delay our block. B2B cruise with DH booked in solo cabin; that is 28 quick points taking him to 281 points by end of the B2B. If loyalty ambassador was not hired for math skills;) or if they do not have enough blocks, we won't get the block on the ship. should that happen, we will call C&A as soon as points are posted. I'm told they will mail us the block, though I understand it may be fast or slow.

Edit: typo...

Edited by Starry Eyes

See the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise and confirm you are on the milestone list.

See the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise and confirm you are on the milestone list.

I'm doing that on second day of our upcoming Oasis. Will leave ship with 281 points. Now to figure out how to not be on Freedom for 350. :o

I'm doing that on second day of our upcoming Oasis. Will leave ship with 281 points. Now to figure out how to not be on Freedom for 350. :o

That's good, expecially if you are in a suite. For whatever reason, they have a problem multiplying by 2.

It takes a while and some coordination, but I have actually been able to trade my duplicate blocks for a block that I did not have. The block is very heavy to mail, so I was lucky to be able to trade blocks with someone on a recent sailing.

Good luck

M

It takes a while and some coordination, but I have actually been able to trade my duplicate blocks for a block that I did not have. The block is very heavy to mail, so I was lucky to be able to trade blocks with someone on a recent sailing.

Good luck

M

Freedom in Dec of 15 will be our first duplicate.

Freedom in Dec of 15 will be our first duplicate.

Then you have some time to plan. Perhaps someone on the roll call has a duplicate of a block you want.

Also - since I see you live in Cocoa Beach, it is possible you can trade with others as they sail from that port area.

good luck

M

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Indy block on my B2B. it did not come voluntarily. Had to ask. Supposedly they had a list of people that were suppose to receive them but I was not on the list, they added me with no problems and received my block a few days after

ImageUploadedByForums1422235899.037764.jpg.883bb4a64814f45937bd870e78866e84.jpg

I reached a milestone on my 2nd leg of a B2B earlier this month on Enchantment. I went to the LA on the first cruise to explain my points to her and to inquire about thye block. She just looked all confused and said "Well, if you're entitled to it you'll get it". The way she said it didn't really sit well with me and figured oh well.

On the 2nd cruise as we were entering the top tier event Mackey called out to us and told us to sit down in front as they were going to present us with our crystal block. Nice presentation along with a picture taken with the Officers.

That was totally unexpected but really appreciated.

First, thank you again to Cruise Critic and the OP...we truly knew nothing about the crystal block. After reading this thread, we contacted RCI and finally received our crystal block last week. It took approximately 4 months.

Just curious...why is it that only one(1) crystal block is sent per couple?

I spoke to a RCI C&A representative and actually had a nice laugh about it. I said, "What if we get divorced...who gets the one crystal block?" He laughed.

Then I said, "Perhaps I'm not the only one...shouldn't each person receive a block since each one paid separately?" He said, "That makes sense".

He then placed me on hold so he can speak to a supervisor.

Final answer: "The bottom line is we only give one crystal block per relationship...er, or marriage". I said, "You know how funny and strange that sounds...don't you?". He said, "Yes".

No, they will not send a second crystal block. :)

Still happy to get one...thank you RCI.

First, thank you again to Cruise Critic and the OP...we truly knew nothing about the crystal block. After reading this thread, we contacted RCI and finally received our crystal block last week. It took approximately 4 months.

Just curious...why is it that only one(1) crystal block is sent per couple?

I spoke to a RCI C&A representative and actually had a nice laugh about it. I said, "What if we get divorced...who gets the one crystal block?" He laughed.

Then I said, "Perhaps I'm not the only one...shouldn't each person receive a block since each one paid separately?" He said, "That makes sense".

He then placed me on hold so he can speak to a supervisor.

Final answer: "The bottom line is we only give one crystal block per relationship...er, or marriage". I said, "You know how funny and strange that sounds...don't you?". He said, "Yes".

No, they will not send a second crystal block. :)

Still happy to get one...thank you RCI.

It makes perfect sense since each of you earned the 140 points. Lol