Favorite Class of ship

jules815

We love the Solstice class, they are beautiful ships. However, we enjoy the Millennium class as well when they're going on a desired destination. We're regular Aqua Class cruisers and I think that while the Persian Gardens on S-Class is preferable, Blu on M-Class seems to be better.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow cruiser from Chicago! Our favorite are the S Class ships. Nothing against, the M class, they are beautiful too. However, we love the openness and more modern feel of S class ships. While Celebrity does a great job of keeping all their ships in top shape, we find S Class to be impeccable in terms of cleanliness and upkeep.

We have just been back on the Equionox, the last 2 cruises with Celebrity have been on the Millennium class. Although the Solstice class are beautiful ships and have some lovely spaces we had forgotten how crowded they can feel, particularly on sea days and in the Ocean view on any day!! I prefer the feeling of space and fewer passengers you get on the Millennium class and for some reason the Martini bar and Cafe al bacio seem to work better. Just my opinion:)

Constellation in the days when she did the 14 night cruises was my favorite. I prefer any of the M-class ships to the S-class ships. I like having drawers next to the beds, like having the drawers in the closet, like having the closet face the hallway rather than having to crawl between the bed or couch and the closet door.

I admit that the S-class bathroom storage is better, and the way the connecting cabins work on the first four S-class ships was a clever idea. But that over-the-bed storage area is not a plus, I'm too short and I don't like to have things stored over my head in case of rough seas, so I can't use it at all.

I completely agree about the uncomfortable seating in the Solarium on S-class ships!

And the T-pool on the M-class ships is wonderful.

Always a pleasure to meet a fellow cruiser from Chicago! Our favorite are the S Class ships. Nothing against, the M class, they are beautiful too. However, we love the openness and more modern feel of S class ships. While Celebrity does a great job of keeping all their ships in top shape, we find S Class to be impeccable in terms of cleanliness and upkeep.

Absolutely agree...the S class are tops in our book. But as you'll find in these responses folks are just as adamant in their loyalty to the M class. Just do what we did--cruise both and decide for yourself!

Constellation in the days when she did the 14 night cruises was my favorite. I prefer any of the M-class ships to the S-class ships. I like having drawers next to the beds, like having the drawers in the closet, like having the closet face the hallway rather than having to crawl between the bed or couch and the closet door.

I admit that the S-class bathroom storage is better, and the way the connecting cabins work on the first four S-class ships was a clever idea. But that over-the-bed storage area is not a plus, I'm too short and I don't like to have things stored over my head in case of rough seas, so I can't use it at all.

I completely agree about the uncomfortable seating in the Solarium on S-class ships!

And the T-pool on the M-class ships is wonderful.

I agree completely, also 1000 fewer passengers.

Charlie

I am not a Celebrity regular and likely never will be, not because I don't like it but I'm just not that 'loyal' kind of cruiser.

That being said, I can't imagine booking an 'S' class because I love the promenade deck. Already, it was a stretch for us to book Celebrity 'M' because the promenade doesn't wrap around.

The pictures I've seen with the lifeboats blocking the promenade view make it a difficult choice for us.

Plus, I really like the smaller ships.

Just something others might want to consider.

I don't think that there is a perfectly designed cruise ship. But my favorite Celebrity design is actually the C-class, which, with Century's departure, will no longer be in the Celebrity fleet. While there are some features of the S-class ships I find very appealing every time I am on a M-class ship I just feel that I am home.

I prefer the M Class because those ships are better designed for dancing. On the S Class ships dancers in the atrium have to fight for space with people walking up and down the stairs which empty right onto the dance floor. Also, some of the ship's photographers set up right on the dance floor on formal nights. Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

What exactly do you mean by the way the connecting cabins work on the first four ships. Does that mean that Reflection does not connect in the hallway? How is it different?

What exactly do you mean by the way the connecting cabins work on the first four ships. Does that mean that Reflection does not connect in the hallway? How is it different?

This is correct, on Reflection I believe it is a standard connecting door.

As far as our favorite class of ship, I'd say it is the one we're on!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

This is correct, on Reflection I believe it is a standard connecting door.

As far as our favorite class of ship, I'd say it is the one we're on!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Do you mean inside the cabin ??? or hallway

I personally prefer M class but there are pros to each one.

S class - newer and more modern design, larger so more options of venues and activities, nicer spa area, more options for specialty restaurants, nicer bathrooms, nicer buffet, better movie selection on tv (I think the tv's also tend to be a bit larger), standard cabin size larger

M class - T-pool gets triple bonus points, more comfortable size (the older I get the more I care about this:)), more classic design, fewer people so often feels less crowded, more and better storage, better for dancing (love the Rendevous bar - no good equivalent on S class IMO), AQ and CC rooms larger than standard balcony and very slightly larger than S class if I remember correctly, aft elevators, missing that awful central atrium (which some love but I hate)