Quantum Failure!

M.S JAZO

Excuse the misspelling... so much writing I stopped caring.

As someone explained. You board with your printed boarding pass.

Oh & How Dare I Forget To Mention... The room turned out to not have passengers... they were contractors from the ship yard... Meyer Wreft... On board fixing things that needed fixing and repairs. So they just assigned them a room that belonged to a paying passenger. There is your kicker.

I'm so sorry you went thru that fiasco! :(.

There were/are two families booked in the same cabin during the 8 nighter.

I was at Guest Services when I overheard their ordeal. :eek:

I LOVE the ship but they really need to get this crap together.

I'm so sorry you went thru that fiasco! :(.

There were/are two families booked in the same cabin during the 8 nighter.

I was at Guest Services when I overheard their ordeal. :eek:

I LOVE the ship but they really need to get this crap together.

I assume that you did not overhear the outcome, or you would have told us.

But if you find out, please let us know!

This may be a dumb question...but I will ask anyway. Can someone take the SeaPass Card from any room and head to one of the bars? I would think that could be a huge problem.

Sounds like that is a possibility.

I'm trying to figure out how this is a process improvement. What problem did it solve? What was the question asked that got this? Wherever in the chain they found an improvement they assuredly created a magnitude more problems without ready solutions.

What about the current/old system of getting a sea pass printed at check in desk was so broken that it needed to be scrapped totally? At check in pier side there are dozens of agents processing people. If you have a problem immediately after you get on the ship you now have a handful of guest services people who can attempt to help.

New ship. New terminal. New check in procedure. New dining format. New connectivity / technology. Anyone sailing this ship while it departs from NJ is a tester really. Too many new things at once makes it hard to hone and fine tune one particular area. It takes a lot of resources and brainpower to solve this one. I wonder how long until they scrap this awful sea pass taped to the door / in room at boarding. Stuff like double booked rooms...I don't even understand how that happens.

They're certainly learning a LOT to apply for smoother roll out of Anthem.

After reading all these threads it sounds like RCI tried to do too much too fast as far as new procedures. Too many to's and too's in that sentence:D.

These changes should have been rolled out gradually. Glad our Jan 2015 Oasis cruise is before the change to DD, let others be the test dummies.

The problem with booking cabins double does not only happen on Quantum. It happened also on Oasis during our westbound TA in October. One of our roll-call-members booked a Sky Loft Suite (from Rotterdam) and in Southampton, another family was booked in the same suite. All hell broke loose and they were negotiating with Guest Services about a solution. I do not exactly know how this ended, but there was no other suite available and one family had to move to a balcony room.

People who know that we are cruisers asked us if we were going on the new Quantum of the Seas? I told them I always wait a year or two to let them get the bugs out and fix the problems. This is a perfect example of why.

I really hope RCCL did something special for you for wasting so much of your time while they tried to fix their mistakes.

The problem with booking cabins double does not only happen on Quantum. It happened also on Oasis during our westbound TA in October. One of our roll-call-members booked a Sky Loft Suite (from Rotterdam) and in Southampton, another family was booked in the same suite. All hell broke loose and they were negotiating with Guest Services about a solution. I do not exactly know how this ended, but there was no other suite available and one family had to move to a balcony room.

If I had booked a skyloft suite for a TA cruise and had to switch to a balcony my cruise better be free. That would be beyond disappointing. I don't think I could just say 'oh well' over that :eek:

If I had booked a skyloft suite for a TA cruise and had to switch to a balcony my cruise better be free. That would be beyond disappointing. I don't think I could just say 'oh well' over that :eek:

In a sitaution like that RCI will likely up the rewards to the two customers until one of them caves - the trick there is for the two customers to colude with each other in saying no to the initial low ball offers.:cool:

Wow, what a terrible thing to happen especially on such a short cruise. Our 3 and 2 nighters both went really well, but I honestly had concerns about that card on the door thing. Seemed flwed. No way to stop anyway from grabbing the card and if someone goes to the wrong room what a mess. I loved everything about Quantum and the new check in was super quick, but they should go back to giving sea pass before we get on!

What about the current/old system of getting a sea pass printed at check in desk was so broken that it needed to be scrapped totally?

Good question but it certainly is a new process that could easily be scrapped ...and it sounds like it should be.

Sea passes were not printed in the terminal previously in most cases.

The ship has to move those bins full of sea pass cards from the ship to the terminal on the old system. This new system just changes how the pre-printed cards are distributed.

The check-in agents at most ports work for third party agents and have to collect the sea passes from the ship representative on the old system. Someone from the ship had to be at the terminal to resolve issues on the other system and issues are now resolved onboard.

The ship has to move those bins full of sea pass cards from the ship to the terminal on the old system. This new system just changes how the pre-printed cards are distributed.

The check-in agents at most ports work for third party agents and have to collect the sea passes from the ship representative on the old system. Someone from the ship had to be at the terminal to resolve issues on the other system and issues are now resolved onboard.

Unfortunately, they have created new issues, in addition to whatever issues they were trying to fix.

They may change the Seapass distribution once they identify the amount of lost revenue they experience between boarding & cabin availability. The first thing we do when we board is head to the Schooner Bar for a drink or two. Then lunch, then the cabin. With this new process, that's (at least) 4 drinks we wouldn't purchase. Knowing many other cruisers do something similar, that has the potential of being a lot of lost $$!!

DH was mortified that they would leave the seapass cards outside the room! What if someone stole them before you could get to them and started billing their drinks to your card?

Not sure if you got the same room as the men that had vacated it. Checking you into a dirty room is a BIG NO NO! If we don't usually prepay our gratuities, I would have returned to guest relations and had them remove the cabin steward's portion. Otherwise, I'd ask for a refund of his portion. As a former housekeeper myself, we hated to find hair especially in the shower because it was so hard to remove it all. A few times, we found so much hair that I think the guests cut their hair in the shower for us to clean up.

I don't understand how they can double book you, I wonder if those men found a room because those key cards were outside. They REALLY should have compensated you better.

I hope you took photos. Also, be sure to write Goldstein and include your photos. If you have an international cell phone, take photos with the cell phone and bring them to the front desk. Just having pictures on your cell phone may be enough to get them to help you, because it's not too hard for you to send them on to Goldstein. Especially if you have his e-mail address pre-programmed.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. We keep all our receipts and paperwork w/ us for this very reason.

Not being able to get into the room for 5 hours is inexcusable! We were delayed until 2:30 pm on Legend but they had a deep cleaning to do.

Edited by knittinggirl

Am I really the only one who feels that you need to have a certain level of understanding when you go on one of the VERY FIRST cruises on a BRAND NEW ship with BRAND NEW technology and boarding procedures? I would be shocked if there weren't bugs! It is unfortunate that your family had some challenges and lost some of your vacation time, but I think you also need to have some understanding considering what you booked.

Edited by disneyfan1313

Am I really the only one who feels that you need to have a certain level of understanding when you go on one of the VERY FIRST cruises on a BRAND NEW ship with BRAND NEW technology and boarding procedures? I would be shocked if there weren't bugs! It is unfortunate that your family had some challenges and lost some of your vacation time, but I think you also need to have some understanding considering what you booked.

Understanding over a glitch at check in, or the bionic bar not working, or dining not going smooth the first night, OK!

But getting onboard to find workers in your room, no room to go to, and having hours of your time wasted by employees not empowered to fix the situation is UNACCEPTABLE.

No one needs to be accepting or understanding of the situation of what OP went through. The things OP encountered are matters of fact and the opinion here seems to be pretty unanimous that RCI majorly dropped the ball in this situation and it would take an absolute blind loyalty ignorant of any facts to defend RCI in this situation.

Interesting, and I did not realize that. However, the current system when you have a problem you are at one of 40 check in agents. With the new system you line up at guest services to have one out of maybe 5 people addressing the issue.

Process changes should be done either for efficiency OR to improve customer experience, or BOTH. I can't see how EITHER is being accomplished here.