Arriving an hour late to MDR

renee1222

That brings up another question. I have read that the post-cruise surveys have been switched from written forms handed out before you disembark, to email surveys sent after the cruise.

We never got either after our cruise last month. I was really looking forward to filling it out too, since our cabin steward was one of the best we've ever experienced.

How does one get these surveys? Another example of RCI IT subpar performance?

You get an email a few days after the cruise.

That brings up another question. I have read that the post-cruise surveys have been switched from written forms handed out before you disembark, to email surveys sent after the cruise.

We never got either after our cruise last month. I was really looking forward to filling it out too, since our cabin steward was one of the best we've ever experienced.

Maybe you did not get one since that was a full ship charter .

Edited by Sailor_Sally

:rolleyes:

I don't know everyone is so worked up.

It is not a big deal.

The next seating isn't until 8:30.

They can order everything quickly, eat, and be out within 45 min or so.

There will probably be others "camping out" who came in at 5:30.

I doubt the servers even care......

You get an email a few days after the cruise.

Nope, it's been almost 3 weeks since we completed the cruise.

Maybe you did not get one since that was a full ship charter .

Maybe so, I would hope that they would have still been interested in our thoughts about the cruise AND staff. In my case the feedback would have been mostly positive, with particular praise by name to our cabin steward. Oh well...

Maybe so, I would hope that they would have still been interested in our thoughts about the cruise AND staff. In my case the feedback would have been mostly positive, with particular praise by name to our cabin steward. Oh well...

Share your thoughts on your cruise here.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/esurvey

Did you check your email SPAM folder in case it went there?;)

People, don't waste your breath on Matty...he knows perfectly well what's what. He's out there now waving his big spoon and celebrating because he was able to stir the pot yet again. Pathetic. :rolleyes:

It is not "stirring the pot".

It is called " Having a different viewpoint".

Just because its not the popular opinion, does not mean it is wrong..

Ya expected by people I could care less about, its not required. it doesnt matter much these days as those outdated traditional dining options are becoming a thing of the past :D

You have no clue of what your talking about , do you?....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I get an email after every cruise. If someone doesn't get an email, it could have gone into the junk/spam mail box in their email client.

I believe there is a way to find a copy of the email on the Royal website or email royalguestrelations@rccl.com and request one from them.

I'm onboard Serenade now, late seating. There are three women who showed up after 9:00 for an 8:00 seating on the first three nights. The last time the headwaiter had a talk with them and I'm guessing (since I'm a poor lipreader) that he suggested MTD, as they did not return.

It didn't ruin our cruise - it gave us something to fuss about.:D

Edited by critterchick

Share your thoughts on your cruise here.

www.royalcaribbean.com/esurvey

Wow, thanks - I'm almost embarrassed to admit I had no idea it was that easy. Definitely going to fill it out now so that our outstanding cabin steward gets the credit he's due! :cool:

Did you check your email SPAM folder in case it went there?;)

Yep, checked that. As an IT/techie guy, one of the first things I check when I think I'm missing an email.

We got ours the same day we got back. In fact I have received several enails to complete the survey (which I all ready did)

RCI only allows 7 days to complete the survey. As we did a b2b (12 days TA), by the time we're home we can't complete the survey on time.

False. Using the survey link posted earlier in this thread, I completed and successfully submitted a survey this week for the cruise we completed on November 22nd.

Not reading or responding to all of the subsequent responses, but specifically to the OP's original comments...

It is possible that the families were on excursions that got them back to the ship late. This happened to me and, the day before we knew we were going to be late for 1st seating, we communicated to our server that we would have to miss the MDR because of this. We were told to come late (obviously within reason for the next seating) and we would be accommodated.

Without knowing the specifics, perhaps this is what happened that night - particularly as you didn't comment that it was every night. The ship may be used to this on days such as this, when many guests may spend the night in port.

Don't agree with this being every night (why not just do MTD then? As somebody else commented, DD may help). Also, feel sorry for the poster (and waiter) for the one table with people coming at different intervals. But, a one off isn't necessarily somebody being rude as it may have been previously discussed and approved.