2016/2017 Caribbean Now Available for Captains Club Members (12/16/14)

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Celebrity's 2016/2017 Caribbean Deployment is released. It's now open for Captains Club Members. Opens to General Public on 12/19/14. While there are a few special sailings around Chrismas/New Year's, it's pretty much more of the same - other than there's no regular 4 & 5 night sailings on the schedule, as Connie is staying overseas.

Of note, is the 2/20/17 Equinox sailing, which is an 11 night Mardi Gras sailing visiting New Orleans for two Overnights, sailing Round Trip from Ft Lauderdale.

For those who asked for some longer sailings for Summit, in addition to her 7 night sailings from San Juan, there's a 10 & 11 night sailing in Jan 2017. Nice that Celebrity listened to the requests.

Here's the link to the deployment flyer. Hope this helps !

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Caribbean/Flyers/14041777_CEL_Caribbean_2016_2017_Deployment.pdf

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Andy:).

Thanks for the heads up. A number of the Caribbean cruises in 2017 say "city stay". Do you know what that means. Thanks

Saw that as well. I imagine it includes a hotel pre or post cruise. I also like the overnights in the ABC's:) It is neat you can visit all three on one cruise. We still haven't been to Bonaire.

Greetings

The first thing I noticed was that Connie was moving. She doesn't return to Florida for the 2016 fall/winter season. I guess Celebrity does not agree that the younger generation prefers shorter cruises. Or maybe they have just decided to stick with us old folks :).

Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any significant changes.

Good Sailing

Tom

Thinking about the Reflection holiday cruise departing on Dec 31, 2016 since that would put my wife and I on the boat for both NYE and our anniversary in early Jan.

Any idea how long Celebrity keeps Christmas decorations up after that holiday is over?

Greetings

The first thing I noticed was that Connie was moving. She doesn't return to Florida for the 2016 fall/winter season. I guess Celebrity does not agree that the younger generation prefers shorter cruises. Or maybe they have just decided to stick with us old folks :).

Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any significant changes.

Good Sailing

Tom

They simply can make even more bucks with Connie somewhere else.

Celebrity's 2016/2017 Caribbean Deployment is released. It's now open for Captains Club Members. Opens to General Public on 12/19/14.

Thanks for the heads up. Just booked a January 2017 cruise on the Summit.

I looked and the 2017 Caribbean cruises are showing on the website. Rates are higher, but include the 123Go all inclusive package.

Hi Andy:).

Thanks for the heads up. A number of the Caribbean cruises in 2017 say "city stay". Do you know what that means. Thanks

I was wondering the same thing..........staying in the city?:confused:

Hi,

The Infinity's 10-day Dutch Antilles Caribbean Cruise (offered three times in October 2016) is something a little different. It sails roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale to Aruba (in port overnight), Bonaire, Curacao and Key West. Also, this itinerary has four full days at sea.

Chuck

The Feb 20, 2017 Equinox Mardi Gras cruise looks like fun. DH and I just booked one of the great "hump" cabins. In fact, four couples from our Sept 2015 Amsterdam - Rome cruise on the Silhouette also booked this cruise. It will be a very familiar (and fun!) roll call.

Hi Everyone,

Celebrity's 2016/2017 Caribbean Deployment is released. It's now open for Captains Club Members. Opens to General Public on 12/19/14. While there are a few special sailings around Chrismas/New Year's, it's pretty much more of the same - other than there's no regular 4 & 5 night sailings on the schedule, as Connie is staying overseas.

Of note, is the 2/20/17 Equinox sailing, which is an 11 night Mardi Gras sailing visiting New Orleans for two Overnights, sailing Round Trip from Ft Lauderdale.

For those who asked for some longer sailings for Summit, in addition to her 7 night sailings from San Juan, there's a 10 & 11 night sailing in Jan 2017. Nice that Celebrity listened to the requests.

Here's the link to the deployment flyer. Hope this helps !

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Caribbean/Flyers/14041777_CEL_Caribbean_2016_2017_Deployment.pdf

Hi,Andy

Thanks for the link. Tested it first thing this a.m.

Well, I suggest our ongoing '' predictions'' or ''speculations are unfolding right on ''Q''...

Connie will do during 2016/2017 winter a repeat of 2015/2016.

After her summer homeporting in Venice, she does a weebit of sailing in the U.A.E then on to Asia...and back again the same way in the spring.

If == X == is happy with the market response, this definitely points to

a winter 2017/2018 decision to perhaps leave Millie permanently in Asia ( think C Trip ) , with Connie now having a new permanent deployment ( Venice/Asia) ....and ''Edge #1 '' being added to the fleet and releasing Summit to come back on the WestCoast for the summer 2018.

I suggest that what appears to be the new template for Connie will prove to be quite well supported by the market..

Hope you and your Mom finally got rid of the nasaties you got during your last Celebrity Odyssey.

Cheers

Claude

We are particularly pleased that there is a choice of cruises that cover both Christmas and New Year [Eclipse and Equinox] AND that one of these is a 14-night cruise. Even happier that the 14-night cruise is out of Fort Lauderdale. Really did not like what was offered for the holidays in 2015.

Hi,

The Infinity's 10-day Dutch Antilles Caribbean Cruise (offered three times in October 2016) is something a little different. It sails roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale to Aruba (in port overnight), Bonaire, Curacao and Key West. Also, this itinerary has four full days at sea.

Chuck

Glad we booked one of these already (I believe ours "overnights" in Curacao)..

Nothing else posted for early 2017, is new and exciting for us. The Mardi Gras itin was interesting but not for us. Have decided we will wait to see what the new ships offer in the future,,,,.

I see a Summit repo sailing for 4/23/2016. When would that be published for 2017? Does anyone know?

Celebrity have, until now, released new season cruises once a year. Until the latest release, it was around April each year. The latest release has been over November/December [i.e. "early"]. You are likely to have to wait another year until the cruise your are interesting is release, IF Celebrity stick with releasing new cruises at this time of year. However, they may move back to April-ish or may make other changes to their schedules. I doubt even Celebrity know at this time!

Glad we booked one of these already (I believe ours "overnights" in Curacao)..

Nothing else posted for early 2017, is new and exciting for us. The Mardi Gras itin was interesting but not for us. Have decided we will wait to see what the new ships offer in the future,,,,.

It must be very difficult for cruise lines. Some people are looking for new itineraries but others, the forward planners, see a cruise one year and look for the same cruise the following [see the top of this post]. They will never be able to please all of the people all of the time.

Edited by Project_gal