Favorite Stateroom Type on Allure/Oasis?

We reserved a promenade room on the Allure for our cruise. We selected it since it seems like it'll be fun for our kids, it's on deck 7...which is well located for us. Also, another big bonus is that it is bigger than the standard rooms including interior, ocean view, boardwalk plus the balcony rooms (excluding the deluxe type suites) and about same size as central Park rooms. We know that we'll need to pull our blinds when we want privacy but we thought we'd give it a try for these reasons.

What is your favorite room type on the Allure/Oasis ships and why? (obviously excluding any of the super large ones....so more out of interior, ocean view, boardwalk, central park view)

Thanks for the replies. I guess I meant more between the staterooms that come under the following:

• "Interior" (i.e. interior / promenade)
  • "Outside" (i.e. Ocean View / Central Park / Boardwalk)
  • "Balcony" (Superior Ocean with Balcony / Central Park with Balcony / Boardwalk with Balcony)

Thinking more...in the chance that we are ever offered an "upgrade"...to see if we'd want to take it. The ones Deluxe/Suite category are way over our price range. I'm sure they are lovely though.

Again, the promenade are bigger than all of these (except for outside central park, which is equal in size) so just wanted opinions of these.

I liked the Ocean View Balcony. I felt like there aren't a lot of chances to see the water on Oasis and I thought Central Park was boring. One of my favorite parts of a cruise is watching the water. If I were to go on Oasis again, that would be the only cabin I'd get (I can't afford anything fancier ;) ).

ETA: I think a Boardwalk balcony would probably be cool too. I think you could see the Aquatheater shows from there. It just might be a little louder.

Edited by bluegirlum

I wouldn't say this for all ships, but honestly, on Oasis and Allure, I wouldn't book anything less than an oceanview balcony.

We have stayed in every category staterooms from inside to full suites, but on Oasis and Allure, there are so few places where you can even see the ocean onboard the ship, I can't imagine not having an oceanview balcony to have some connection to the sea. Especially on Oasis, where they have transformed the Viking Crown into suite-exclusive areas.

On our first RCI cruise back in 06 we had booked an inside room but received a free "bump up" to a balcony. (don't know if they still do that or not).

Anyway, it spoiled us and we've never booked anything but a balcony since. We just enjoy the closer connection to the ocean that it offers.

We had friends stay in a Promenade room. They kept the curtains closed 24-7 except for when the parades were going on in the Promenade. I guess if you're looking for a larger room (as you said they offer) that would be a reason to go with one but other than that........

I also don't think I would be much interested in the Boardwalk rooms. Seems too much like living in fishbowl, and noisy.

So for the two of us our order of preference would be Balcony, Outside Oceanview, Interior.

We have cruised twice on Oasis & once on Allure with our 2 daughters. Our favorite room is the last ( or one of the last) Boardwalk Balcony cabins, deck 8-11. You have a great view of all the activities on the Boardwalk as well as the Aquatheater, rock walls & ocean. The balcony was truly an extension of our room & our girls loved hanging out there anytime we were in the room. Here are a couple of pics. ImageUploadedByForums1420436376.981897.jpg.744f5a9eb97b2e2014d9b437854fb142.jpg. There are several shows & activities that take place at the Aquatheater & you have prime seats!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1420436354.567399.jpg.4d849b91ae8384fcbc387c12674ff6de.jpg

We have cruised twice on Oasis & once on Allure with our 2 daughters. Our favorite room is the last ( or one of the last) Boardwalk Balcony cabins, deck 8-11. You have a great view of all the activities on the Boardwalk as well as the Aquatheater, rock walls & ocean. The balcony was truly an extension of our room & our girls loved hanging out there anytime we were in the room. Here are a couple of pics. [ATTACH]335508[/ATTACH][ATTACH]335509[/ATTACH]. There are several shows & activities that take place at the Aquatheater & you have prime seats!

Hi,

In which room did you stay?

Can you tell from which room these photo take of?

Edited by shay869

We have cruised twice on Oasis & once on Allure with our 2 daughters. Our favorite room is the last ( or one of the last) Boardwalk Balcony cabins, deck 8-11. You have a great view of all the activities on the Boardwalk as well as the Aquatheater, rock walls & ocean. The balcony was truly an extension of our room & our girls loved hanging out there anytime we were in the room. Here are a couple of pics. [ATTACH]335508[/ATTACH][ATTACH]335509[/ATTACH]. There are several shows & activities that take place at the Aquatheater & you have prime seats!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sweet picture of your girls on the balcony and the view looks cool. Thanks for sharing. Am glad to hear that your kids found it fun staying out there, as that's what I'm thinking of the window overlooking the promenade for our kids. The boardwalk ones have neat things to watch.

Yeah...for those that mentioned the JS, they are a bit above what we'd pay as they are just about double the cost of promenade.

We're booked on Allure in August in a superior ocean with Balcony. We always book a balcony as love sitting outside watching the ship dock or just watching the water. Only been on Liberty so far can't wait for the move to Allure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excluding all suites, any oceanview balcony on the hump. As others have pointed out, Junior Suites on the hump are fantastic! But from balcony on down, I favor an oceanview. I like the privacy and, of course, the views. I did a Boardwalk balcony and that would be my second choice as I enjoy watching the activities as well as a partial ocean view. But it is less private so you do need to keep curtains closed.

We have not done a Central Park balcony, but friends who did complained about the music from the pool when on the balcony. Also there is less airflow so summer in the Caribbean could be quite warm.

I think I'd like a Promenade view as it would allow me to sit in the window and watch the activity on the promenade while relaxing. But haven't ever done one so don't know.

Again, for me, it's oceanview balcony as my favorite choice.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I meant more between the staterooms that come under the following:

• "Interior" (i.e. interior / promenade)
  • "Outside" (i.e. Ocean View / Central Park / Boardwalk)
  • "Balcony" (Superior Ocean with Balcony / Central Park with Balcony / Boardwalk with Balcony)

Thinking more...in the chance that we are ever offered an "upgrade"...to see if we'd want to take it. The ones Deluxe/Suite category are way over our price range. I'm sure they are lovely though.

Again, the promenade are bigger than all of these (except for outside central park, which is equal in size) so just wanted opinions of these.

This is our 4th with the kids and the previous 3 we've ALWAYS had PR mid ship rooms[deck 7 is the best]. This one we are doing the CV[ esssentilly a PR room , but overlooks Central Park]

Definitely ocean view balcony! We have only taken one cruise (NOS 10 years ago) and had a balcony which was awesome. Our teenage children had a Deck 7 PR right across the hall from us. They enjoyed looking down on the Promenade to see what was going on. But they also came over to our balcony for snacks before dinner each night. We have an upcoming cruise (19 days!) and got a fair price on a JS on deck 8 (no kids along this time) so we are excited to see how we like it. We will probably like it "too much" and won't want to go back to a regular balcony LOL.

We were on Allure in November. We had an Oceanview Deck 12 Aft. Next time we would get an Oceanview cabin more midship and around Deck 9. It is such a big ship that we really walked a lot. I do like Aft cabins because there are less people walking through the halls, but not on this ship.

We were on Allure in November. We had an Oceanview Deck 12 Aft. Next time we would get an Oceanview cabin more midship and around Deck 9. It is such a big ship that we really walked a lot. I do like Aft cabins because there are less people walking through the halls, but not on this ship.

Cabins sound nice, but I checked and Ocean with Balcony is $1000 more than Promenade. Yikes. :eek: (Standard Ocean ones are on deck 3) Rather spend the extra money on extras (excursions, character meals, other activities, drinks, special dining if we decide)...unless some kind of deal come up.

We've sailed on Freedom twice in promenades and loved them. Was worried I'd feel closed in, but didn't at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to hear. WE figure we won't spend a ton of time in our cabin anyways so fun while we're in them and otherwise will be outside.

Edited by LuCruise

If it's just the wife and I, I definitely would choose ocean view balcony but a month ago we cruised Oasis and had the last boardwalk balcony (12729). The kids loved it. I thought they would like to see the boardwalk, ocean and the aqua show all in one instead of just seeing the ocean. Don't think they missed one of the aqua shows the whole cruise. It was a good choice for our family.

We liked our end aft Boardwalk and the secret balcony access and view to an aqua show, but next time will do an outside balcony. Just must see that water all the time unobstructed!

Often considered doing the inside balcony in Central Park though, as that was my favorite place on the ship. But we spent most of our leisure time in the teak steamer chairs on the aft jogging track...loved those chairs and the wake view down close to the water. I DO NOT like the glass on balconies, it's always dirty and you can't clean it yourself. Much prefer the iron bars, so much clearer view.

Edited by BecciBoo

Oceanview balcony all the way. We were on Allure in November and had the last ocean view aft. (14728) The secret balcony was right next door. I enjoyed the location, but those hallways were long! But I would still rather walk that hall for a week than be at work!

Oceanview balcony all the way. We were on Allure in November and had the last ocean view aft. (14728) The secret balcony was right next door. I enjoyed the location, but those hallways were long! But I would still rather walk that hall for a week than be at work!

The secret balconies are no more, changed into suites during drydock and will be on Allure later this year.

We have been on the Oasis twice and on each occasion we stayed in Room 7584, Ocean/Balcony and for us the location was perfect, not to high and not to low and quite convenient to all amenities, except pool area.

Have a great safe vacation.

Ron M