Sleeping baby in Solarium - okay?

I read her post as people on this forum age discriminate against infant and children not the cruise line.

I have a child and if it's Adults Only she would not be allowed to go since she is a child. No big deal.

thank you.. its not the cruise line discriminating its the cruisers. look at a thread on here when someone mentions a child, all the negative people/comments come out.. and im a him not a her, lol

I am personally beyond tired of being forced to put up with screaming whining little terrorists on a daily basis that are not mine. Society says I have to deal and put up with it cause it is a baby.

and i am tired of dealing with rude grandparents who are not mine and who think they are entitled.. but society says i have to deal with it because its an elder..

thank you.. its not the cruise line discriminating its the cruisers. look at a thread on here when someone mentions a child, all the negative people/comments come out.. and im a him not a her, lol

and i am tired of dealing with rude grandparents who are not mine and who think they are entitled.. but society says i have to deal with it because its an elder..

The cruise line set the 16 and up rule for the Solarium. If you feel that rule is unfair, take it up with the cruise line.

Yes, some people make negative comments about children on internet forums. And others make negative comments about seniors on internet forums. Some people love everyone; others don't. Some people love old people; others don't. Some people love children; others don't. Some people love children, but sometimes want child free time. Some people badly want but do not have a child, and at times they may not wish to see other parent's little blessings. Just the variety of humanity, none of those feelings are age discrimination; if it were you'd be very guilty yourself, Aintnofun007.

Doesn’t the Allure have a youth zone? Perfect place for babies, young kids and their parents.

Absolutely. Like I said earlier in this thread, I'm sure OP will find a nice quiet place without having to go into the Solarium with his niece/nephew. What I was wondering is how does anyone know when baby will "sleep"? I mean, OP says they will just leave if baby starts to fuss; do they wait for babe to fall asleep and then make their way to the Solarium and hope s/he stays asleep? Or do they walk in with baby and try to put him/her down for a nap? See what I mean?

At 10 months, a baby's schedule is pretty regular. I think the parents will probably put their child down for a nap in the cabin for an hour and that be that. :) That's what I would do.

[quote name='Justmekaren918']
I am personally beyond tired of being forced to put up with screaming whining little terrorists on a daily basis that are not mine. Society says[B] I have to deal and put up with it[/B] cause it is a baby.[/quote]

What are the other options?

[quote name='LMaxwell']Someone posted that it says Adults Only. But the Solarium let's anyone 16 or older use everything in the Solarium. But in their guest conduct policy Royal says 16 and 17 are minors, and 18, 19, 20 and young adults. So, like I said, clear as mud. Inconsistency in policies and definitions.[/QUOTE]

I Always say...."the most consistent thing with Royal is their inconsistency"

[quote name='klfrodo']Nice of you to quote justmekaren and take the quote out of context. Must be a journalism major. :eek:[/quote]

Not all all. It was an independent paragraph. I took nothing out of context. They meant to say exactly what I highlighted...

Or did you read something different by that last paragraph?

[quote name='Toddcan']What are the other options?[/QUOTE]
I personally do not at all share the "little terrorist" sentiment, but, to answer your question with the stunningly obvious answer: When on Allure (and many other RCI ships), the other option for an adult who feels that way is to head to the Solarium. Isn't that why that poster expressed those feelings on this particular thread?

[quote name='trev71']We have no kids, and When I go to the Solarium that is my safe haven. When you go in the big main pool kids are screaming and splashing ,which beleive or it not I do mind for the most part since it is vacation.

But rules are rules when it comes to the solarium. Adults only, that is just my two cents :)[/QUOTE]

Totally agree....no kids means no kids. Basically the aren't wanting to know if it's ok to have the kid there until they start screaming or are asked to leave. It's no kids be the adult and respect others and don't take the kid in there. That is why they have kids clubs and day care so the adults can enjoy their adult time in peace.

Woke up in the Solarium one time to see a [B]quiet[/B] little diapered boy being allowed to play in the water that is on the lip around the pool. In about 5 minutes there were staff telling parents and grandparents that was not allowed. Well a huge argument started with grandparents saying it was too loud at the other pool and they paid to cruise. They did leave, but were not too happy.

I do not know how long they had been in the Solarium before I woke up. But like I said the little person was being [B]quiet[/B]. So a sleeping infant could lead to other things.!:(

[quote name='retiredgram']Woke up in the Solarium one time to see a [B]quiet[/B] little diapered boy being allowed to play in the water that is on the lip around the pool. In about 5 minutes there were staff telling parents and grandparents that was not allowed. Well a huge argument started with grandparents saying it was too loud at the other pool and they paid to cruise. They did leave, but were not too happy.[/quote]
They surely didn't consider all the others who might think the large pool is too noisy, all those parents going into the Solarium and then making THAT pool too loud. I guess they thought they were extra special.:rolleyes: Edited by iheartbda

[quote name='iheartbda']..................
They surely didn't consider all the others who might think the large pool is too noisy, all those parents going into the Solarium and then making THAT pool too loud. I guess they thought they were extra special.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

How about the diapers, aren't those banned in all pools except the baby splash area

[quote name='John&LaLa']How about the diapers, aren't those banned in all pools except the baby splash area[/quote]
Absolutely, if a crewmember saw the diaper go into the pool, they might have had to shut it down for a day to clean it. Edited by clarea

I became frustrated reading multiple people post multiple policies so I had my T/A make a 3way call to Royal with me on the phone. Here are some of the answers regarding Solarium.

Who can utilize Solarium Bistro?
-Anyone and any age for breakfast and lunch. At night it becomes Samba Grill, a pay for Brazil style steakhouse

Is the Solarium Bistro in the Solarium?
-They are connected

Where on the ship can a mother nurse a baby?
-Anywhere

Is a baby specifically prohibited from being in Solarium?
-No, but not allowed in the pools, tubs, or not supposed to take up a lounge chair. Anyone under 16 is not supposed to be in the Solarium unless there is inclement weather and family time in the Solarium is announced.

Will security ask someone with a sleeping baby to vacate the area?
-Only if asked to or directed to by another guest

It seems like the Solarium Bistro is going to meet our needs the best; a table to use, adjacent to the Solarium, food and beverages, and no issues about having a baby in the Bistro section during the daytime.

So as not to antagonize others we'll utilize the Bistro area and not be in the Solarium itself.

Best-

Steve

[quote name='PhDUnderTheSea']I became frustrated reading multiple people post multiple policies so I had my T/A make a 3way call to Royal with me on the phone. Here are some of the answers regarding Solarium.

-Anyone and any age for breakfast and lunch. At night it becomes Samba Grill, a pay for Brazil style steakhouse

-They are connected

-Anywhere

-No, but not allowed in the pools, tubs, or not supposed to take up a lounge chair. Anyone under 16 is not supposed to be in the Solarium unless there is inclement weather and family time in the Solarium is announced.

It seems like the Solarium Bistro is going to meet our needs the best; a table to use, adjacent to the Solarium, food and beverages, and no issues about having a baby in the Bistro section during the daytime.

So as not to antagonize others we'll utilize the Bistro area and not be in the Solarium itself.

Best-

Steve[/QUOTE]

You will probably still antagonize some. :o
Nice research though

As long as you and your sweet little kiddo are happy and contented that's all that matters. No need for you to consider anyone else. After all, it's your cruise and you paid good money for your vacation. No need to consider others.😤

Is there a Solarium Bistro on all ships? I'm looking on the Jewel map and don't see a restaurant attached to the Solarium.

Since the OP has made a decision, I won't feel guilty about hijacking the thread. ;)

[quote name='cathep']Is there a Solarium Bistro on all ships? I'm looking on the Jewel map and don't see a restaurant attached to the Solarium.

Since the OP has made a decision, I won't feel guilty about hijacking the thread. ;)[/quote]
Only on Oasis and Allure.

[quote name='PhDUnderTheSea']I became frustrated reading multiple people post multiple policies so I had my T/A make a 3way call to Royal with me on the phone. Here are some of the answers regarding Solarium.

-They are connected

-Anywhere

Best-

Steve[/quote]

And thanks for being the adult in the room.....