Lox-smoked salmon

4gomez

On our last sailing we had to request it in the windjammer, but it was always available.

We've experienced the same thing in the WJ - usually just on the first morning. After that it's usually out every day.

On our last sailing we had to request it in the windjammer, but it was always available.

We've experienced the same thing in the WJ - usually just on the first morning. After that it's usually out every day.

Two cruises ago (Allure), lox only on request in the WJ until halfway through the cruise, then it was out on the buffet. Last cruise (Explorer), there was never lox on the buffet in the WJ, but it was available on request. It obviously varies by ship and sailing.

What "section" would you ask in? I love a bagel with lox in the a.m. (even if the bagels on a cruise aren't the best :))

We've always found it (or asked for it) at the station that has the "fixin's" for bagels - cream cheese, capers, etc.

I always asked a uniformed supervisor and they had someone get an amount on a plate, but it was necessary to specify that I wanted capers as well.

When lox has not been on the buffet, there are likewise no capers out, though there may be onions.

Partly because the bagels aren't great, I usually have mine with cream cheese on a slice of the dark, whole-grain rye that is available on the bread display.

One addition, I've always been able to get it from Room Service also. Just order a bagel and a smoked salmon plate. It's definitely a nice breakfast for the balcony.

Always started my port days with lox on a "bagel". Glad.to know it's available on Royal!

I have lox for breakfast every morning on the ship, and I do not recall ever having to ask for it. It was readily available on the buffet on all my cruises.

Donna, if your signature is accurate, it looks like you have not been on a Royal Caribbean ship in more than a year and a half, except for the Quantum sampler cruise.

This "hunting down the smoked salmon" thing is new in the past year.

Unfortunately, I think that they just hope that if you don't see it, you won't ask.

Cheapskates. :(

On new years cruise it was available in the C lounge and by request in the windjammer. Quite frankly my wife the smoked salmon person said that Sam's club smoked salmon was better. I guess they get different batches of the stuff at the volume they buy.

On new years cruise it was available in the C lounge and by request in the windjammer. Quite frankly my wife the smoked salmon person said that Sam's club smoked salmon was better. I guess they get different batches of the stuff at the volume they buy.

I always see it in the Concierge Lounge. I think that this conversation is about the Windjammer. Or at least about the availability for the average cruiser. :)

And yes, the quality varies.

Edited by Merion_Mom

What "section" would you ask in? I love a bagel with lox in the a.m. (even if the bagels on a cruise aren't the best :))

If it's not available at the buffet, find a "shirt" (white shirt; supervisor), and ask.