NEW POLICY - No More On Board Announcements!

Rewind

Just off the Enchantment this morning and the only announcement the Captain made was for the crew only emergency drill while we were in Nassau. He didn't want the passengers grabbing life jackets and running to the muster stations when the emergency signal sounded. :cool:

No more noon announcements.

On the Grandeur of the Seas Captain's Corner yesterday, the officers said that only emergency announcements are made to the rooms and the other announcements are only sent to the common areas. The discussion was in response to a complaint that the announcements can sometimes be hard to hear, and there was no discussion of a policy change.

Who's bright idea was this??? I love the idea of no shopping/bingo/advertisement announcements, but no captain's announcements either? That's ridiculous, and disappointing.

I guess they think the new, younger cruisers are going to base their decision to cruise on whether or not Royal Caribbean has captain's announcements... :rolleyes:

So why doesn't the person at RCI who thinks it is a good idea to get rid of the Captain's daily update identify him/her self and explain your reasoning to those of us who think it is a poor decision. I'm sure you would like to take credit for your great idea.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Royal is now advertising they are autism friendly. Being a mother of a child with autism, I am delighted that they took the announcements away. When I took my child on a cruise, she thought every announcement was an emergency. She was in so much fear. Everyone is on vacation. All should be happy and it broke my heart to see her in so much pain. Thank you Royal for realizing our special needs children and adults are people too and need special accommodations.

Guest maddycat

I'm another one who is glad that RCI listened (they read the surveys) and stopped the constant announcements. I'm fine with the captain's mid day announcement being recorded and available on the TV. Many times you could not hear or understand the captain's announcement due to other passengers loud talking or the placement of the speakers, poor acoustics.